Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn A-20 reissue on Musician's Friend Website  (Read 5621 times)

Offline cyberman

• View Profile
Washburn A-20 reissue on Musician's Friend Website
« on: August 02, 2007, 11:41:55 PM »
As I was perusing the .pdf version of the new Musician's Friend catalog on their Website tonight, I just so happened to come across yet another re-issue (The first time since '98) of the Stage Series guitars, The Washburn A-20 (If you don't believe me, it's right here, folks: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-A20-Flamed-Top-Electric-Guitar-?sku=511711
.  My question, is, is why hasn't this shown up & why haven't we heard anything about it here on the Washburn Website?  I mean, I don't mean to sound like a whiner or anything, but what gives?  Anyways, just thought I'd bring this up/point this out, but in the meantime, I'd like to know when the Higher-Ups're gonna post this baby here at Washburn Central & also, are they gonna re-issue any more of the Stage Series guitars again (Besides this one; preferably w/ Kahlers!) anytime soon?  At any rate, just thought I'd ask! Cya laters!
Sincerely,

Van Miller

Birmingham, Alabama USA

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 09:41:08 PM »
Hi Van, welcome to the forum. Washburn does special runs for some of the big sellers from time to time. Maybe that's what this is.

Offline EdMan57

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 04:24:55 PM »
That's alot of guitar,especially for just $399.99.I've always thought that this design should be right up there with the Gibson Flying V,Explorer and Ibanez Iceman in the unique bodied hard rock/metal solidbody market.

Ed

My current stable of electric guitars include a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,USA Washburn CT-3,USA Washburn MG-120,USA Washburn WMS Studio,USA Hamer Studio,American Fender Custom Strat and a USA Hamer P-90 Special.
My current guitar harem includes a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,Fender American Standard SE Tele,USA Hamer Studio,Fender American Standard SE Strat,Gibson Les Paul Standard,Fender American Series Strat,USA Hamer P-90 Special,ESP PB-500,Malden Keyser and a Yamaha Pacifica 612v.

Offline WEBgUy

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.usmusiccorp.com
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 12:24:11 PM »
This is a special run done exclusively for Musician's Friend. More reissues are on the way.

Offline kitekrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 06:40:37 PM »
I noticed MF is starting to carry more Washburns. It would be great is Guitar Center were to carry Washburn as well.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 06:41:21 PM by kitekrazy »
Washburn G30, Washburn Idol 64

Offline fourstringer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 09:57:04 AM »
what a great deal this guitar is, looks just like my 1980 a-20 only minus the wooden cavity/neck plates. Pick it up!
h

Offline mvh9591

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 01:01:03 PM »
I've always liked the A20. I collect G5V's and wouldn't mind adding a A20 to my collection. I saw it in the Musicians Friend magizine. I had to rub my eyes and take a second look.