Username: Password:

Author Topic: WonderBar  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Zac

• View Profile
WonderBar
« on: August 26, 2007, 04:01:43 PM »
Hi, I'm considering a purchase of a WonderBar bridge, but there's not much info online about it, so please if you can. say all you know about it. Also, how does it compare to a Rose or Khaler? Does any one have a demo video of it? Will it fit on my WI66Pro without modification? Thank You

Offline Zac

• View Profile
WonderBar
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 10:42:54 AM »
Thanks, I heard that I don't need to do any drilling to get it onto my guitar, do you know if thats true?

Offline Zac

• View Profile
WonderBar
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 07:33:25 PM »
Thanks for the help!

Offline spud25

• View Profile
WonderBar
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 05:17:57 AM »
You will have to screw the wonderbar trem to the body unless you can get hold of the adapter plate which are very hard to find.I have 2 wonderbar trems one which is fitted to a strat type custom guitar and one which i am thinking of fittind to my w166 prog but i have the adapter plate so i don't have to leave any unsightly holes in the body.
I must say they are great trems you can even change the pitch of each string on dives!

Offline Jon

• View Profile
WonderBar
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 01:53:29 PM »
I've had Wonderbars on 2 Strats for at least 15 years and they're great. Never go out of tune. I did have to drill holes on both guitars though.

Offline woodstock1

• View Profile
WonderBar
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 11:12:26 AM »
zac- i do prefer the kahler flat-mount types......have a washburn v [modified by someone with one- a kahler pro].....2 bc rich warlocks with kahler flyers.....and a very modified bich with a good kahler pro copy.....the wonderbar is neat since it does not require routing.....i have one, but never used it on anything.....above all, your playing style is most important.....i like to damp strings with me right hand......the kahlers are fine for that........the wonderbar has a few more rollers on it......i didn't think it would suit me.....original floyds and copies have the fine tuners up high......i think the floyd pro is a low-profile unit.....as are a few ibanez bridges i would suggest going to lots of guitar stores.....and looking at new and used axes ......hope this helps.....cheerio, jim
jgj