Username: Password:

Author Topic: n00b here....  (Read 3358 times)

Offline obxjdt

• View Profile
n00b here....
« on: September 10, 2007, 09:59:44 PM »
Hi all, I'll cut through the chase....
I have only have 1 Washburn, but I was wondering how to determine the value of it. I didn't mean to end-up owning this guitar. I'll give you the skinny on it...
I was playing in a band, and the drummer had to hock his drums (go figure). Well, I knew another drummer that was hard-up for cash, so I bought his drums (5 piece set with double kicks, hardware & cymbals) for $200. I ended up firing my drummer that I bought the kit for, then hired a new drummer that had his own kit, blha, blha, blha....
Anyhow, I had a set of drums setting around collecting dust when a friend from another band asked to borrow them. I said sure, but give me something for collateral. He gave me a Washburn claiming it was worth $600. Having never shopped Washburn, I took his word for it, and seeing I only paid $200 for the drums, figured I'd be on top if anything happened to my drums.
 Well it's been about 5-6 years since then, and now a loan has (unwillingly) become a trade. How do I find the value of this guitar?

I must say, it's become my favorite guitar in my collection of 7. I have all the numbers needed for a search, but Washburn's home site doesn't have a search fetcher.
 I estimate the guitar to be about 10 years old, black Strat cut with a Maple neck/rose fretboard/ivory (or mother of pearl) dot inlays on top of the neck, and top of the fretboard (between the E & A strings), 2 humbuckers, 1 single coil (center), 24 frets.
Any ideas where I can look online to get a value on it? Other than the marks from where I used it to kill a Possum 8-P, it's in great condition. Guess I listen to too much Nuggent.....:-}

Offline bigoldron

• View Profile
n00b here....
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 01:58:21 PM »
Try the electric guitar forum.
Bigoldron
----------
My Babies:
Washburn WI64DL
Washburn House of Blues Electric
Washburn G30
Silvertone LB11 Bass