Username: Password:

Author Topic: Question about guitars Value$  (Read 2221 times)

Offline madball

• View Profile
Question about guitars Value$
« on: September 12, 2007, 08:23:19 PM »
Ok I have a the #39 of 50 BSG boogie bolt dimebag guitar.  I payed 1200$ for it almost 2 years ago. I was woundering about the market on these guitars.  I dont know If I should hold on to it or sell it, for less than what I payed for it.  It is mint! It is a limeted edition 39 of 50.  Do you think over a number of years it will increas in value$$? Same question about my other DimeBag SOUTHERN CROSS #55 of 100 i payed 6500 for brand new. Will this guitar incress in value over the years?  Thanks for your help and thoughts.  

Brian

Offline shaulin

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 04:24:52 AM »
That's a hard question, it is an import, so It's hard to tell,
from what I see, USAs increase in price, imports usually don't.
and the boogiebolts don't have Dimebag's name on them, they are similiar
in body shape, but they aren't real Dimebag signatures.

'06 Washburn Blackburst PI80
'04 Washburn X50 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups (Mule/Black Dog)
'04 Washburn WI64D w/ Bareknuckle Warpigs
'08 Washburn WM526 (White)
'08 Washburn WM526 (Ferrari Red)
'09 Washburn WI568
'09 Washburn WI590

Offline mrmudcat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 08:53:51 AM »
Hold on to the cross..loose the bolt .....if it was my choice![:D]

Offline Chaos Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 10:45:28 AM »
There's a guy selling a Dime 3 Southern Cross on ebay. He's posted it a few times. It has a black back. I've seen it posted about 4 times and it's slowing coming down in price. He has a Buy It Now price of 3900 and an initial offering of 3750. He is also selling a Dime 3 Custom (yes more custom than a normal Dime 3) Rebel Flag which is also slowing coming down in price.

The few times I've seen Southern Cross D3's on ebay they have had enormous price tags. So much so that I don't even pay attention to them. So I can't tell you whether or not they are selling.

I've seen Boogie Street and Funky Munky Music coming out with new imports of different Dime 3 guitars. They are going for just slightly less than the originals.

On the other hand I've seen just recently two Dime 3 Dime Slimes go for 3250 and 2000 respectively. It's been a while since either of those have popped up on ebay but they went fast. (I got the one for 2000, awesome guitar.)

I have seen a few of BS's Dime Bolts come onto ebay used. One was just on but I don't see it now. The asking price and BIN price were higher than what I see 333's going for normally but I can't tell you if it sold or not.

Founding Member of the Nuno Brigade
Davies Division
Maple on Mahogany Militia

My Guitars

Offline madball

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 09:12:26 PM »
Thanks for the replys. I just Got a voice mail from Steve Benet(Us Music corp/Washburn) He told me to hang on to the BSG boogie bold(serise 1 #39 out of 50) He said that the second run of the BSG boogie bolts are around 1500$.  He said If I was gonna sell the guitar He wouldnt take anything less then $2000. Im gald I didnt sell it tonight! Somebody would have gotten 1 hell of a deal on a Dime Bag boogie bolt! Im gonna hold on to it for a few years and see how it turns out. How do u people think the market for DimeBag guitars is gonna go?? Up or down??

Offline Chaos Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 11:02:35 PM »
Hard to tell with Dean putting out all the different models of Dimes now. For the most part the Washburn USA Dimes have been going up and with the exception of the occasional Black Jack are pretty rare finds.

Davies Division
Maple on Mahogany Militia

My Guitars

Offline woodstock1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 10:55:15 AM »
......sure, with ebay going strong, any metal axes will continue to increase in value.....occasionally, just check completed sales on your axe......!.....any unusual or custom color metal axes [even re-sprays] are getting lots of attention.....a lot of fun, these guitars......
jgj