Washburn Acoustic Guitars Forums > Acoustic Guitar Players Post Comments & Questions

Where do you hound-dogs live?

(1/42) > >>

onewilyfool:
Just curious. Wondering where you all come from. Just the City would work, no need for phone numbers and street addresses. If you are on the lam from law enforcment, please ignore this posting. I hail from the San Francisco Bay Area, a little town called Redwood City. It's claim to fame written on a big sign on the main drag, Best weather by Government Tests Local University, Stanford (just beat #1 SC in football this weekend) Best Guitar Store in area.....Gryphon Stringed Instruments, purveyor of very fine instruments. It will be interesting to see how far and wide this forum spreads.....Thanks

YerDugliness:
I'm from about 30 miles SW of Houston, TX (Rosenberg).  We have probably the worst weather by government tests--the air is so toxic down here that allergists cannot keep up with all the respiratory diseases/conditions.  Our sports teams seldom beat anyone at anything (and if they do, it's a mistake).  Best guitar store in the area--I wouldn't know, but I sure wouldn't recommend Rockin' Robin Guitars.  They had my Dot for 3 months for a job that they said would take only a couple of weeks.  We do have some shops that sell fine instruments (Gibson, Seagull, Martin, Washburn, etc.), but from now on when I need a repair I'll contact one of the local independent luthiers.  

As for being on the lam from law enforcement, not that I know of, but anything is possible, I guess [:I] (especially considering my checkered past, but I thought I had satisfied all those damn requirements, honest, officer, I did!!).

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Lifelong Audiophile
Guitar Playin' FOOL
Ready to retire and age disgracefully!!!

The crew:
Washburn WD32SW
Washburn WD32S (soon to receive an under bridge pickup)
Yamaha G231-II
Yamaha G60A
A Hohner classical I left in SW KS.
Epiphone Dot '63 ES335 Repop
Ibanez RX20
A cheap Circle K banjo I play when feelin' funky

Lunaray:
WOW, way to go Stanford, I've been waiting for someone to come along and knock USC off of their throne!  Now I just hope it sends them into a tailspin, it's Oregon's turn!  Course the Ducks kinda' stink up the field too and I'm always disappointed, they start the season off great then they blow it!

I was born in the redwoods, Crescent City, CA.   I love northern California, but I've been in Oregon most of my life.  I live in a town called Nehalem, it's an Indian word meaning: The Place Where The People Live!

Ray
www.southforkmtnmusic.com
Antique Washburn Parlor, Model 5200
Music is best when it's played around a campfire!

street music:
I'm in eastern part of Kentucky.

Washburn DK20CET
Godin Detour

sad_fingers:
Originally from Liverpool UK I now live in Manchester UK but wish I lived in another country I hate this country for what it's turning into and I despise the English weather....... Cold wet cold & more wet....

My Family

Washburn D10SCE
Wesley EL300wh

-------------------------------

learning a riff or chords is quite easy as long as your fingers hit the right strings!!!!!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version