Username: Password:

Author Topic: Where do you hound-dogs live?  (Read 94739 times)

Offline Musician.Shane

• View Profile
Where do you hound-dogs live?
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2008, 10:28:45 AM »
Hi Everybody, I am new to this forum and thought I would introduce myself. I am from the Washington, DC area. I grew up in northern Virginia, I work in Maryland, and currently live in northern DC.
D10SCE

Offline metrobunny

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2008, 12:38:06 AM »
I'm in the Isle Of Man a tiny Island in between England and Ireland
Home of the famous Isle of Man TT races.(Motorcycles)

D17 CES RW arriving soon.

D10 TB which my son plays - open mike nights and pub acoustic nights.
He can almost make it talk.

I've struggled to play acoustic for 30 years - only really started to get anywhere when he learned to play and we bought a couple of elecro-acoustics.  Before that I struggled with a wide necked spanish guitar - what a stretch that was.

Offline TNFrank

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2008, 07:56:04 PM »
I'm a mandolin player of late having played guitar and bass for over 30 years combined. I'd like to try and find a guitar player or two to pick with in the Crossville, TN. area.  Shoot me a PM or e-mail and we'll see if we can get together. Thanks.
“You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.” -Dillis D. Freeman Jr. 11/2/2001

Offline URBANCOWBOY

• View Profile
    • http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/CRAZYCOWBOY74
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2008, 03:45:36 PM »
goose creek sc here just outside of charleston tips hat :)
danny lentz

Offline johno

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2008, 03:28:47 PM »
Hi everyone - I am an oldy but still like cool music and guitars - Just joined you - I live in Essex in the UK 25 mile from London - Essex is the  Home of the essex birds (ladies)( known for wearing their white high heels) I tend to agree with Sad fingers - the uK is played out becuase of the freedon to come and live in our small pimple of a country - the weather is poor as xxxx and we are lucky to have two weeks a year of summer and thats the truth,hence I travel as often as I can for some warmth and cheer..Of to the good old USA end of August for my son's wedding in Albany NYC He lives in NYC and his lady comes from Albany,not far from the mall area.
Plan and hope to pick up a shapley piece of wood ie a Guild D55 maybe or a nice Gibson,I am looking for a nice big sounding dreadnaught or similar & easy strum for my poor playing with great action to add to the lovely D60 I have had for around 18 years? I think..any thoughts ?  its such good value in the states,I might go for second hand though to avoid reduce the duty?
regards Johno

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2008, 01:21:10 AM »
Hi Johno, post it out on the forum as a new topic. Rocket's got a Washburn J58SW he's selling.

http://www.washburn.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13214
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 01:23:27 AM by Pike »

Offline Perfect Stranger

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2008, 07:50:47 AM »
I'm in lovely Bogart, GA.....just outside Athens, GA and about 65 miles east of Hot'Lanta...

Jim

The Family:

'08 Washburn D10SOV
'88 Alvarez RF30
'80 Sango Matsumoku
'95 Aria AW35N
'78 Alvarez 5021 12-string
'04 Hagstrom F-300
'00  Alvarez ASG4
'02 Aria PE SD
'07 SX Jazz Bass
'07 Dean EVO
Pix Here:
http://www.dancingmokey.com/forums/imagehosting/10448908e6b154d7.jpg
http://www.dancingmokey.com/forums/imagehosting/10448908e6b2db78.jpg
And after the snow.....after the snow do you know what you have?  You have the spring.

Offline Zavgorodny

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2008, 09:37:54 PM »
Ukraine
Zaporizhzhe (Zaporizhzha? Zaporozhye? you see, we're still choosing an English transcription for this place) city

Own: WG580vMBL Mercury, XB125QTS Bantam, BT4TS Maverick, D10SB (deceased).
Want: more.
---
A proud owner of family of Washburns: WG580v Mercury, CS700 Chicago, BT4 Maverick, HB30, WI64DL Idol, WI36, D10SCE, J28SCEDL Cumberland (in transparent black), VB128Q Bantam.
...and somehow still not divorced.

Offline vthillbilly1

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2008, 12:15:55 PM »
Hello everyone, Just landed in this forum and find it very interesting and informative. I am like my username implies a VT hillbilly! Done some traveling around but ended up settling down a grand total of 9 miles from where I was born. Little village named  North Concord,VT. (pop.300 or so) Spend any extra time I have playin' bluegrass,country, and some blues up here with some very talented musician friends. I split my time between my two loves. A 1990 Washburn D24 Limited (#158 of 1000) bought it new, and a 1973 Martin D28 I picked up last fall.

Offline denimblack

• View Profile
    • http://sites.google.com/site/paulishomepage/

Offline Raoul1962

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2008, 10:17:06 PM »
Hey people you have all missed out - Except for one, you all live in the USA, and Magoo99, Newfoundland is not Gods country unfortunately.  The entire country of Australia is (LOL).  Favourite US city is San Diego, great town (a lot like Sydney)beautiful women, great weather, what more could you ask for?

Offline Oggy

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2008, 02:21:10 AM »
Hi all, I'm also new to the forum.  Live in a small town called Benalla, Victoria, Australia.  Spent 14 months in U.S.A. traveling around.  Worked in a summer camp in P.A. Worked in San Diego for a while and also in Tallahassee, Florida. Really getting back into my guitar and my old D 29S (1980) still goes great.

Offline mcgreggor57

• View Profile
    • http://nottofret.blogspot.com
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2008, 03:22:03 PM »
Louisville, KY.  The only place that throws a 2 week party for a 2 minute pony ride.
Gregg

Offline arennard

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2008, 08:49:38 AM »
Born & Raised in Philly.  Now I live in Central NJ.

Great to read where everyone is from.

Blond Tiger

The BIRDS:

Blond Tiger - Washburn EA 46 - 6 String Acoustic Electric
Sunny Chimes - Ovation Pacemaker 1115-1 - 12 String Acoustic
Cherry Lectric - Ovation Celebrity CS 257 -6 String Acoustic Electric
Blue Bro - Johnson Bell Brass Resonator SO-998-BL - 6 String
Solo Mello - Favilla Solo C5- 6 String Nylon Acoustic
The BIRDS:

Blond Tiger - Washburn Festival Series EA 46 (5 Slot Sound Hole)- 6 String Acoustic Electric
Sunny Chimes - Ovation Pacemaker 1115-1 - 12 String Acoustic
Cherry Lectric - Ovation Celebrity CS 257 -6 String Acoustic Electric
Blue Bro - Johnson Bell Brass Resonator SO-998-BL - 6 String
Solo Mello - Favilla Solo C5- 6 String Nylon Acoustic
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD

Offline T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2008, 12:06:52 AM »
Hello Gregg!  It's good to hear of a local in the forum!  I'm about an hour from Louisville.  I live in Madison, IN...Regatta hydroplane country.  Your ponies run on dirt, our ponies run on water...however, they both run in circles. LOL!  Though, I've never been to the derby, I have been to the Thunder Over Louisville a couple of times.  Incredible event!  Definitely the best firework show!!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 12:18:53 AM by T-Bone »