Username: Password:

Author Topic: Where do you hound-dogs live?  (Read 69788 times)

Offline piebaldpython

• View Profile
Where do you hound-dogs live?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 12:42:30 AM »
Born, raised, married, work and have spent my entire 51 years in Philly with the occasional vacation in other locales.  Spent 4 years at Temple U gettin' my degree.  Weather-wise we have it better than most other places in that we have 4 seasons, not too much with temperature extremes and while we have our share of bad weather, we usually miss out on direct hits from hurricanes, tornados, hail, etc.  The ocean and NYC are both 1.5 hours away.  If you drive 1 hour south or west of Philly, you are entering the Twilight Zone and the marked difference between these areas and Philly is nite and day.  In that it turns into the Southern Bible Belt (attitudes, drawl, NASCAR, ETC).  Sometimes I swear we are only 10 miles north of the Carolinas.  ahhahhaha
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 12:59:39 AM by piebaldpython »

Offline Lunaray

• View Profile
    • http://www.rayspace.com
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 02:56:37 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

I had an idea that it could be fun to have a map with the everyone location on it.
A bit of research led me to frappr.com and I have created a map called Washies:
http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_map&mapid=137440100955
I think it should be possible for everyone to add a place marker without further need for login or anything. Try it out..  [:)]

--
Proud member of The European Jam Group
Men are from here, and women from way the he** over there. My bio (and others) in What makes you tick

Thanks for the map Simon, this is really cool!  It's so much fun to see where we all make our little marks on this big blue ball.  Too bad that this map isn't active all the time in the forum, rather than having to come back to this thread to see it (I have it bookmarked).  It would be neat if existing members who missed it, and new members who didn't see it, could leave their mark too!

Ray
www.southforkmtnmusic.com
Antique Washburn Parlor, Model 5200
Music is best when it's played around a campfire!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 03:09:06 AM by Lunaray »
Ray

Offline Sarrkazztic

• View Profile
    • http://www.teslatheband.com
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 05:10:08 AM »
Evansville Indiana spent 10 years in Oregon and would certainly consider spending my retirement years back there....Big Ducks Football fan too...
**BEANO does not cure the kind of GAS I have**

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 05:48:34 AM »
Born in K.C., Missouri.  Grew up in New Hampshire.  Have lived in Boston, New Jersey, New York and Maine.  Retired (lucky enough to do it early, thank god) in 2000 and moved aboard a boat and cruised between the Bahamas and Canada.  Then moved ashore for a few years in St. Petersburg, Florida.  Now back aboard, living in Annapolis.  BUT.... in a few weeks we're out O' here headed south, back to the Bahamas.  Yahoo!!! [:D][:D]

Offline Pete39577

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 07:30:39 AM »
Live in beautiful downtown Wiggins, MS - 30 miles north of Gulfport/Biloxi, 90 miles east of New Orleans, 60 miles West of Mobile.  Great place to live - small town where people know you, your family and some of your business!
Example, I was playing golf with a friend one day.  Another young man was playing in the group.  My friend asked me who the young fellow was.  I told him the guy's name.  He told me, and I quote, I know his name, I want to know who he is!
Gotta love rural America!Washburn R305S
Taylor 310CE
Les Paul
Stratocaster
OB-5 Banjo
SG
1955 Gibson ES-125
1973 Framus 12 String
Epi EF-500RVB
Epiphone Blues Master
A&L AMI Parlor
Gretsch G5125
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Pete
Great Music from the Sunny south!

Offline millenium

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 08:39:13 AM »
I live in Québec province CANADA... The village were I live is call Ste-Luce-sur-Mer... That in a very small village near Rimouski. That is 4 hour drive from Québec city. I have an house on the beach that is a very nice quiet place. Of course, we speak FRENCH here. winter is VERY cold and icy. I do ice climbing in winter.

Magoo is probably the nearest forum member from me !!!
yan
millenium
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE MILLENIUM BRIGADE

Offline strumsalot

• View Profile
    • http://mycherishedmoments.com
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 10:01:52 AM »
Nacogdoches (born and reared[:0]), the oldest town in Texas, was named for the Caddo Indians that lived in the area.

One quick story:
In 1912, the Marx Brothers came to town to perform their singing act at the old Opera House. Their performance was interrupted by a man who came inside shouting, Runaway mule! Most of the audience left the building, apparently thinking a runaway mule would provide better entertainment. When they filed back in, Julius (later known as Groucho) began insulting them, saying Nacogdoches is full of roaches! and The jackass is the flower of Tex-ass! Instead of becoming angry, audience members laughed. Soon afterward, Julius and his brothers decided to try their hand at comedy instead of singing, at which they had barely managed to scrape together a living.

Chad

Offline piebaldpython

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »
---------------------------------------------------------
Nacogdoches (born and reared), the oldest town in Texas, was named for the Caddo Indians that lived in the area.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey Strum, born and reared..., huh?  Somehow, that sounds pretty painful to me!!!  [:D]

Offline strumsalot

• View Profile
    • http://mycherishedmoments.com
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 10:34:36 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by piebaldpython

---------------------------------------------------------
Nacogdoches (born and reared), the oldest town in Texas, was named for the Caddo Indians that lived in the area.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey Strum, born and reared..., huh?  Somehow, that sounds pretty painful to me!!!  [:D]

[:D][:D][:D]

rear  
v. reared, rear·ing, rears

v. tr.

1. To care for (children or a child) during the early stages of life; bring up.

Chad

Offline piebaldpython

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 10:44:49 AM »
Thanks for the clarification.  [8D]

Offline onewilyfool

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 11:55:09 AM »
reared......ouch....

Offline SteveC

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 12:05:14 PM »
Canadian Ey!  Born and raised in British Columbia, that piece of land due north of Worshington, by profession have lived in Alberta, due north of Montana, Manitoba,due north of NorDakota, and presentlty Saskatchewan, also due north of Minot, NorDakota. This is known as God's country to the Amariken bird hunters as they are here rite now drinkin our whiskey and shooten our Canada Geese...Didn't see a Warshburn sticken out of their 4X4's yet, but lots of double barrels......hooorey for our economy......SteveC

Offline steve206

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 08:27:26 PM »
Hey Wily,,

Also from California.  Born down in El Centro and then on to Los Angeles and San Diego.  Spent the young man years in San Francisco and attened San Mateo J C, to keep out of the draft.

They finally caught up to me and I went to Heidelberg, Germany.  Total luck on my part.

Left Germany to spend time with a lady from Florida.  Eventually made it back to Oregon, where my folks had moved from California.

Back to Florida for a while and then out to Nevada and then back to Osprey, Florida.  

I cannot wait for the next jump,,,,

Steve

Offline onewilyfool

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 09:28:33 PM »
hey Steve.....you MUST have a travel guitar!!!!????

Offline cllvt

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 11:40:59 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Lunaray

quote:
Originally posted by Simon

I had an idea that it could be fun to have a map with the everyone location on it.
A bit of research led me to frappr.com and I have created a map called Washies:
http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_map&mapid=137440100955
I think it should be possible for everyone to add a place marker without further need for login or anything. Try it out..  [:)]

--
Proud member of The European Jam Group
Men are from here, and women from way the he** over there. My bio (and others) in What makes you tick

Thanks for the map Simon, this is really cool!  It's so much fun to see where we all make our little marks on this big blue ball.  Too bad that this map isn't active all the time in the forum, rather than having to come back to this thread to see it (I have it bookmarked).  It would be neat if existing members who missed it, and new members who didn't see it, could leave their mark too!

Ray
www.southforkmtnmusic.com

I agree, it's way cool!  Maybe browndog or someone could make it a sticky ???

Chris

Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.
(quote by John Erskine)
Chris

Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.
(quote by John Erskine)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Suess