Username: Password:

Author Topic: Where do you hound-dogs live?  (Read 94028 times)

Offline oldbrowndog

• View Profile
    • http://digitaldesignmagic.ca
Where do you hound-dogs live?
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2008, 01:35:11 AM »
Just wanted to introduce myself from Vancouver Island Canada and mention I am pretty excited as I have just purchased a Washburn R316SWRK 125 year Anniversary Limited Edition that should arrive in a week to ten  days.  All owners seem happy  according to reviews...cheers. [:D]
Simon @ Patrick CW Cedar acoustic.
Washburn R316SWRK 125 Year Anniversary Edition.
Washburn WD9SW

Offline Evil D

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2008, 12:34:24 PM »
Hey SteveC, ever been to Lake Metigoshe?  It is on the Canadian border north of Minot, NorDakota.  My best friend has cabin there.  

Magoo, I had no idea you were a Noofie!  Lol, I couldn't resist!

Glendive MT, Miles from anywhere!  No luthiers within hundreds of miles, that I know of.  Largest city is 100,000 and it is 215 miles away.

I went to College in Bozeman, MT for 3 years (Go Cats, boo Griz).  Worked in Mexico and Wentzville Missouri, or is it Misery, for a bit.  Now I'm a locomotive engineer back home.

Offline Scoutll

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2008, 05:44:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Evil D

Hey SteveC, ever been to Lake Metigoshe?  It is on the Canadian border north of Minot, NorDakota.  My best friend has cabin there.  

Glendive MT, Miles from anywhere!  No luthiers within hundreds of miles, that I know of.  Largest city is 100,000 and it is 215 miles away.

I went to College in Bozeman, MT for 3 years (Go Cats, boo Griz).  Worked in Mexico and Wentzville Missouri, or is it Misery, for a bit.  Now I'm a locomotive engineer back home.

Nick Jr

I live about 40 miles as the crow flies from Metigoshe.  It is nice and hilly with lots of woods. Beautiful area.

Offline zzzip

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2008, 10:55:36 PM »
I live in Morganton, N.C. in the foothills of Appalachia. (We only marry third cousins in the foothills) About 30 miles south of Boone, N.C. which nobody knew where it was until Appalachian State University beat no. 5 Michigan in football this year. Have lived all over the state including Kitty Hawk (Outer Banks where the Wright Bro's flew) which is as far East as you can go without getting wet. Very interesting about all of the Aussies and Canadians on this site but we're not very worldly down here in the sticks. I guess we all love these Washburns.

Offline Evil D

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2008, 07:13:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutll

quote:
Originally posted by Evil D

I live about 40 miles as the crow flies from Metigoshe.  It is nice and hilly with lots of woods. Beautiful area.

God's Country if you ask me!  I lived in Bozeman, which is in the shadow of the Rockies, and Have visited many other beautiful places, but Metigoshe is so dang peaceful!  slow pace, not overrun with people driving Hummers and huggin trees.  very down to earth, honest people up there and the lake is so clean.  I'm thinking of moving to Minot to be closer.

Offline SteveC

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2008, 01:50:02 PM »
Hey Evil D: never been to Lake Metigoshi but drank lots of beer in Minot. The company I woked for sold a house to some folks at the lake a number of years ago. The house movers described it as real pretty.
  SteveC

Offline The Tone Ranger

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2008, 06:08:58 AM »
Live Outside of Charlottesville Virginia - But Work in Washington D.C. Metro. (80 miles away) I Need a Travel Guitar! My Company van, Also My Mobile Office, has a Power Inverter in the back. There have been many days I was tempted to tow the Guitar and amp along, But Not sure I Would get too much done. Moved here from Gainesville Texas, But prior to that I was a Military brat and we moved every year - Garmisch Germany, Verona Italy, Monterey California, Panama, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina Which is the same as West of Philly! LOL  Hey, New to this Forum, But It is packed with good info - Good to meet you all. Mark
Washburn KC20V
Oscar Schmidt
(My 1st Acoustic)
Schecter Gryphon Diamond Series
ESP LTD (Earl Slicks)
Peavey Predator
Ibanez PF6NT Acoustic

Offline The Tone Ranger

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2008, 06:27:33 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by vermonter16

Currently living in the DC Metro area (Manassas, VA).  I hate it.  Will be moving to Glover, VT within the next 5 years.

Hey, Manassas is what you make of it! Lived there for many years as well. I am now 55 miles out of there and Glad. :) It's too busy. You have Music City, Pink Guitars, Guitar Center and about 200 Pawn Shops  all at your fingertips literally. (About 400 7-11's too)  30 miles into D.C. for breath taking performances by any number of musicians.
Washburn KC20V
Oscar Schmidt
(My 1st Acoustic)
Schecter Gryphon Diamond Series
ESP LTD (Earl Slicks)
Peavey Predator
Ibanez PF6NT Acoustic

Offline artdrtr

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2008, 12:34:31 AM »
Been living in Redondo Beach, CA ( just south of Los Angeles) for the past 22 yrs. Came out after graduating from Illinois - Champaign/Urbana. Navy brat before that - Born in Groton CT, Virgina Beach VA, Boston Mass, Vallejo CA, Virginia Beach VA again, Glen Ellyn IL, Champaign IL, Redondo Beach CA

Washburn EA-40 LH (late 80's)
Ibanez SR500 LH Bass

Offline redbull

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2008, 12:47:08 PM »
Greenbrier TN

Washburn D10SCEDL
Washburn D10SCEDL
Martin D-28
Gibson SG Standard

Offline twolfe278

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2008, 06:24:32 PM »
Where the Wabash and Ohio Rivers meet, I call home.  Just another country Hoosier.

Offline Strummer71

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2008, 01:07:31 PM »
Cockermouth, Cumbria in the North West of England, almost as far North that you can travel in England without entering Scotland.
Very pretty scenery but terribly unpredictable climate.

My Guitars:
Washburn J28SDL
Washburn D10SCE
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/Strummer71/P3010001.jpg
My Guitars:
Washburn J58SW Timbercraft
Washburn10S
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu195/Strummer63/P4010002.jpg

Offline tekman

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2008, 09:36:58 AM »
Providence County RI, home of the real Guild!!

Offline edge51va

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2008, 12:43:48 PM »
I live in Cary, North Carolina just west of Raleigh, the state capital.  Born in Portsmouth, Virginia and later attended graduate school in South Carolina, then worked in Maryland and New York before returning to my native South.

I am now in my mid-50s, but finally overcame the uncertainty and began learning to play acoustic guitar at age 51-52 (afterall, before the electrification of guitars, all guitars were acoustic).  As a result, I have gained an appreciation for music that I grew up with, but never developed much interest in.  Even my teenage kids know that music better than I do.  Anyway, I guess you could say I am trying to make up for lost time.

Regards,
Ed

My Guitars:

D10S
Epiphone Dove
D52SW
Ed G.

My Guitars:

Washburn D10S
Washburn D52SW
Epiphone Dove
Epiphone Masterbilt EJ-500RVS

Offline Rodney Boyer

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2008, 07:38:26 PM »
Hello

I am from the twilight zone 1 hour west of Philly, a town call Coatesville. And I hate Nascar and do not speak with a southern drawl
So much for generalizations.  Anyway, it hurts to type this now as I have just started playing again since ............well lets say the fingers are a bit tender. But I am luvin it on my new Washburn D10sce [:D]
ROD