Username: Password:

Author Topic: $199 WI46 @MF  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Scotts

• View Profile
$199 WI46 @MF
« on: November 13, 2007, 04:58:35 PM »

Offline mrmudcat

• View Profile
$199 WI46 @MF
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 05:43:46 PM »

Offline IslandDave

• View Profile
$199 WI46 @MF
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 10:28:12 PM »
No doubt this is a great deal on the WI46 even if it is made overseas...my question, if anyone can answer this, is does it come with Buzz Feiten tuning system? I havent seen this guitar even mentioned on the Washburn site and no mention of Buzz Feiten on the  WI46 product page at Musicians Friend, other than the lame and nonsensical review given there.... either way...Buzz or no Buzz...still a great deal!

Offline Metalgoth

• View Profile
$199 WI46 @MF
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 12:44:54 AM »
I don't KNOW, but if they don't mention Buzz Feiten, it's probably not there.  I have seen a picture of the back of the headstock, and there's no Buzz Feiten logo.

http://www.musician.com/document?cpd=MTWP&doc_id=99933&base_pid=516897&index=6

The description also mentions a carved top, and I believe it's flat on top.  Still, I don't have one so I don't know for sure.  And it's still a great looking Washburn Idol, so I agree, that is a great price.

Offline bigoldron

• View Profile
$199 WI46 @MF
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:55:56 PM »
Don't sweat the BF. I've got a WI64DL that actually does NOT have the BF (or the VCC) and it plays really sweet. I've not had any experience with the Feiten tuning, and from what I've heard, can really make a difference in tuning, but even without the BF, the 64 (and it's white version the 46) rocks just fine without it.

I can't swear to it, but I think the 46 is simply a white 64, which doesn't have a carved top either.
Bigoldron
----------
My Babies:
Washburn WI64DL
Washburn House of Blues Electric
Washburn G30
Silvertone LB11 Bass

Offline jmmich

• View Profile
$199 WI46 @MF
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 08:50:07 AM »
I purchased the WI46 in the second week of November for $199. Currently, if you check Music123 ( this is where I purchased this item) or Musiciansfriend, the price has now increased to $329.99.  I guess that I have caught this deal just in time.  Overall, this is a very nice guitar for the price.  The only issue that I have with this item is that the bottom of the neck did have some slight white paint overspray ( appears it was not masked properly when the guitar was painted ) and a slight mark on the top pickup ( looks like from a screwdrive slip). The cause of the mark is unknown but it is very minor. In my opinion, the overspray on the neck is a quality issue and this should have been picked up by the inspectors since obviously this is something which is not caused by shipping or the distributor. You may not see it at a distance, but you can definitly see it at the top side on the bottom of the neck when holding the guitar.  Looks like the masking tape did not take all the way. This is my first Washburn guitar, and this issue, although minor, has given me a first impression of the overall quality.