Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn XS5 troubles  (Read 2114 times)

Offline WashburnXS5

• View Profile
Washburn XS5 troubles
« on: November 18, 2007, 07:23:05 PM »
Hello,

I've recently purchase a washburn xs5 and from the moment i got it home it has not worked due to the output jack being stuffed, thats not the issue im having trouble with the most as its an easy repair.
The push pull active passive knob has some solder on the top of it but nothing is connected to it and i cant find any wiring diagrams of the back panel to see whats ment to be happening.
does anyone have one of these that they can open up and take a photo of for me or know where i could find all the info. cheers.

Offline fuxton spicotitz

• View Profile
    • http://www.thedrugstorecowboys.com
Washburn XS5 troubles
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 08:21:50 AM »
ok hope this will help ya out some .....im not sure what a stuffed input jack actually means ? im assuming theres a broken of jack in the input- pull it out with longnose or linemans plyers........now on to the real problem, if the older washburn gu-rus here cant find the schematics of your model bass, i suggest ya contact stan hes the owner of has-sound , he usually has the diagrams and specs in his shop to diagnose most electronic problems ......
www.has-sound.com  he oughta be able to find the schematic for your particular guitar, or he can suggest a alternative wiring set-up for it ......stan sells wiring harnesses for most all kinds of set-ups, and will send it to ya with real simple instruction [ solder the black wire to the middle stud on the #1pick-up etc etc] he also will build and complete the set-up and ship it to ya where all ya do is install it and insert the mounting screws put the cover on and go!!
if you live near a town with a radio shack you can buy your resistors and supplies from them ...just make sure when you replace parts to replace them with the same value resistance part. everything will be marked ,get out yer magnifier glass and soldering gun ... and try not to make a mess of it incase ya need to redo it later down the road or if it doesnt work when your thru .. but if you take your time and work carefully with good info it should work just fine..... good luck hope this will help