Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wondering IF/HOW?!  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Mikey0640

• View Profile
Wondering IF/HOW?!
« on: November 24, 2007, 06:05:17 PM »
My 75W Randall has input and output jacks and my tiny little 12W Kustom has a jack thats labelled External Speaker Is their any possible way to configure them so that the Kustom works as a speaker for the Randall while the Randall is still being used? ive tried and ive gotten a hell of alot of feedback and some static and thats no use. Anybody know any way to possibly wire them?
MY GEAR
Kustom 12W
Randall 75W Tube
Washburn WI-14
Oscar Schmidt OG2CETR

Offline EdMan57

• View Profile
Wondering IF/HOW?!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 04:21:32 AM »
I would think the only way is to use the line out or effects send jack to the front end of the little Kustom,though it would probably mute the power section of your Randall amp.Of course,this only applies if I properly understood your actual question.

Ed

My current stable of electric guitars include a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,USA Washburn CT-3,USA Washburn MG-120,USA Washburn WMS Studio,USA Hamer Studio,American Fender Custom Strat and a USA Hamer P-90 Special.
My current guitar harem includes a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,Fender American Standard SE Tele,USA Hamer Studio,Fender American Standard SE Strat,Gibson Les Paul Standard,Fender American Series Strat,USA Hamer P-90 Special,ESP PB-500,Malden Keyser and a Yamaha Pacifica 612v.

Offline Sarrkazztic

• View Profile
    • http://www.teslatheband.com
Wondering IF/HOW?!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 06:45:19 AM »
I take it that the Randall is a head and not a combo? Doing as you describe will not work...as the External Speaker Connection on the Kustom is to power a stack with the Kustom...not to turn it into an external speaker......now what you could do is as the other poster suggests and take the output of the Randall to the input of the Kustom....but it would probably sound awful.
**BEANO does not cure the kind of GAS I have**

Offline Mikey0640

• View Profile
Wondering IF/HOW?!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 11:24:36 AM »
thanks guys, much appreciated, i was just curious because i love the tonality of each amp and thought their sounds would compliment each other. Apparently though some things are better left unexplored haha thanks again
MY GEAR
Kustom 12W
Randall 75W Tube
Washburn WI-14
Oscar Schmidt OG2CETR

Offline woodstock1

• View Profile
Wondering IF/HOW?!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »
.....a safe way-plug into the randall..... run a guitar cord jumper from the unused input of the randall into the input of the kustom.....turn 'em both on.....avoid going from speaker output on the randall into the kustom....!!!!!!!!!!you would be putting 20 plus ac volts into the poor kustom......   a friend smoked a peavey pa amp by patching it into a roland amp's line out........when in doubt, just experiment with front panel input patches only....no harm....
jgj