Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn D10S Serial Number  (Read 3953 times)

Offline dltune

• View Profile
Washburn D10S Serial Number
« on: December 08, 2007, 08:58:48 PM »
I just bought my first Washburn D10S NAT and I have a couple of questions regarding the serial number.
The serial number is: CD04083454
I'm assuming this is a 2004 model. Am I correct?
Does anyone know what the CD stands for? I'm assuming its the manufacturing location in China, but not sure where.

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 08:47:21 AM »
Hi, DL--I can't help you with the question regarding the serial number, but I thought I'd welcome you to the forum.  I notice this is your first post--please stick around and become part of our little community.  In addition to this board regarding acoustic instruments, there is also another part of the forum to which I'd like to draw your attentionp--the General Discussion area, and particularly the What makes you Tick thread--it's a place to post a little bit of a bio about yourself and to learn about all those you'll eventually become familiar with if you do hang around a bit.  We're a pretty friendly bunch, I'm a bit goofy [:0] , but the rest are all OK [^] .

Our resident Washburn historian, Pike, will probably be along pretty quickly to answer your question.  

Again, welcome, and feel free to post away.  If you have general guitar related questions, get friendly with the search function--it's very likely your Q has been asked and answered, and if it involves strings, probably so ad infinitum [xx(] !!

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Lifelong Audiophile
Guitar Playin' FOOL
Ready to retire and age disgracefully!!!

The crew:
Washburn WD32SW and WD32S (WD32S soon to receive an under-bridge pickup)
Epiphone AJ-10 (campfire guitar!!)
Yamaha G231-II and G60A Classical guitars
A Hohner classical I left at a vacation home in SW KS.
Epiphone Dot '63 ES335  Repop, Epiphone Les Paul Special (?)
Ibanez RX20
A cheap Circle K banjo I play when feelin' funky
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 09:52:35 AM »
Hi dltune, welcome. Congrats on your first Washburn.

Offline dltune

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 09:53:28 AM »
Thanks for the Warm Welcome Dugly...

Offline dltune

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 09:55:56 AM »
Thanks Magoo...

Offline 1 Cal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 10:23:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum dltune! [:D]

(Like Dugly said) hopefully Pike will be along soon to answer your questions.
BTW, we like pics. [;)]
Cal___________
Washburn D13S
Washburn R308S

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
Hi dltune. The C is China, the D probably Dreadnaught.

Offline dltune

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 11:06:56 AM »
Thanks for the help Pike, and thanks for the welcome Cal.

Offline qball518

• View Profile
Re: Washburn D10S Serial Number
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 01:23:36 PM »

How can I date/identify my Washburn instrument?
Washburn has used many serial number formats over the years, ranging from 4-12 characters long. The year of manufacture can be deduced from the first few numerical characters in the serial number.

Either the first 2 digits, or the first digit, are typically used to identify the year of manufacture.

For example, 8901827 indicate the instrument was made in 1989, 1988, or 1998. You can confirm the year of manufacture by visiting our guitar archives reference pricelists/ catalogs.

Instruments with serial numbers that have 5 or more characters are from the late 1980's-2000's

Instruments with serial numbers that have 5 characters or less are typically from the 1980's.

Instruments with serial numbers that have 4 characters are from the 1970's and early 1980's.

For instruments produced after 2010, usually the first 4 digits can indicate the year of manufacture.

There is no serial number information or tracking capability for pre-1978 models.

If the instrument does not have a serial number, it is likely a factory prototype or sample, and it is impossible to gauge its exact age. We recommend visiting our Guitar Archives and viewing the annual catalogs to find the closest match.

Washburn maintains limited production records. Washburn can only identify instruments via email, and with a clear digital photograph and serial number. We cannot guarantee that we are able to date your instrument.

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: Washburn D10S Serial Number
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 07:54:12 PM »
Welcome!! :) You've certainly picked an interesting point at which to begin.

As covered elsewhere, the Washburn numbering system is FAR from perfect. I have two Mavericks (a series built 1995-2005, yet BOTH eight-digit numbers begin 18xxxxxx. The "common wisdom" says that MUST be either 1918 or 2018, right? :o

http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/topic,26561.0.html
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/