Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn amp VGA 30  (Read 6637 times)

Offline Rickvent

• View Profile
Washburn amp VGA 30
« on: December 09, 2007, 09:54:23 PM »
I bought a used Washburn VGA 30 tweed combo amp at a yard sale and there is next to nothing on the web about these amps.  I'd like to try upgrading the 10 speaker, but I can't see where it says the ohms.  Anybody know anything about these amps?

Offline Rickvent

• View Profile
Washburn amp VGA 30
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 10:12:25 AM »
I removed the back panel and there is some info on the back of the speaker, but nothing about ohm rating.  Can I assume it is 8ohms?

Offline EdMan57

• View Profile
Washburn amp VGA 30
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:43:40 AM »
Let's hope that VGA stands for Very Good Amp.

[:D]

Btw,here is a link of some VGA 30 reviews,with good amp info.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Washburn/VGA30/10/1

Ed

My current stable of electric guitars include a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,USA Washburn CT-3,USA Washburn MG-120,USA Washburn WMS Studio,USA Hamer Studio,American Fender Custom Strat and a USA Hamer P-90 Special.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 10:50:18 AM by EdMan57 »
My current guitar harem includes a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,Fender American Standard SE Tele,USA Hamer Studio,Fender American Standard SE Strat,Gibson Les Paul Standard,Fender American Series Strat,USA Hamer P-90 Special,ESP PB-500,Malden Keyser and a Yamaha Pacifica 612v.

Offline Rickvent

• View Profile
Washburn amp VGA 30
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 10:57:22 AM »
Thanks for the review link.  That's about all I can find on this amp.  Washburn customer service just emailed me a pdf of the manual and in the parts lists it shows VGA 30 has a 10 4 ohm speaker.  Now to try to find a suitable replacement.

Offline okwilliam

• View Profile
Re: Washburn amp VGA 30
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 02:45:10 PM »
OKay, this might be a long shot but...
I just got me the Washburn VGA 30 guitar amplifier (also known as Southside amp) and it does not work properly.
Does anyone here have the PDF / schematic / manual?
Hope it's out there, somewhere!
Thanks so much!
William

Offline BluesHawk

• WI64 PL (IDOL 64 PEARL snburst)
    • View Profile
Washburn Southside amp, the tweed VGA 30
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 05:40:26 PM »
I'm looking for a Southside VGA. If anyone knows someone who wants to sell one, please connect us.

Thanks,

Doug
BluesHawk
WI64 PL (IDOL 64 PEARL sunburst)

Offline BluesHawk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 02:10:58 PM »
I bought a used Washburn VGA 30 tweed combo amp at a yard sale and there is next to nothing on the web about these amps.  I'd like to try upgrading the 10 speaker, but I can't see where it says the ohms.  Anybody know anything about these amps?

Straighten out a bit of confusion, guys?  There's the Southside VGA 15 and the Southside VGA 30.  The 15 seems to be solid state whilst the 30 seems to be tubes.  But that's just my best guess as I don't find any definitive comparison in my online research so far.

Can anyone help to clarify the differences between the two Southside amps?

Thanks,

Doug
BluesHawk

Offline BluesHawk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 07:00:16 PM »
I bought a used Washburn VGA 30 tweed combo amp at a yard sale and there is next to nothing on the web about these amps.  I'd like to try upgrading the 10 speaker, but I can't see where it says the ohms.  Anybody know anything about these amps?

Is the Southside VGA 30 solid state or tubes?

Doug
BluesHawk