Username: Password:

Author Topic: 125th Anniversary Parlor...PICS ADDED!!!  (Read 100194 times)

Offline Pike

• View Profile
125th Anniversary Parlor...PICS ADDED!!!
« Reply #225 on: November 29, 2009, 12:28:22 PM »
quote:
OK lowered the action at the saddle and it made quite a difference.

Cool, way to go Hawthorne!

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 29, 2009, 04:08:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Hawthorn

OK lowered the action at the saddle and it made quite a difference.
Maybe take a smidgeon off the nut later but couldn't seem to get it loose and didn't want to push my luck too far by forcing it.

Nicely done.  Before you start with adjustments at the nut, let the guitar settle in for 3-4 days.  If you decide to make further adjustments, here is another link that may help in sorting things out.
http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/nuts.htm

Offline pailes

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 25, 2010, 12:47:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by bazookajoe

thanks, of course i did a google search on trembesi, could not find any information about it as a tonewood.

Offline DJN

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 01, 2010, 12:50:10 PM »
There's some R320 (all solid rosewood) and R319 (all solid trembesi)and R316 anniversary (all solid trembesi) parlors on Ebay at the moment. All new and at good prices.

I wonder if Washburn will eventually make these parlor guitars without the pre-aged look? Hope so, 'cause I'll buy one instantly.

These parlors are GREAT guitars. In 100 years time they'll be making reproductions of these reproductions I bet.

Offline onewilyfool

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2010, 12:09:59 PM »
One thing about the pre-aged look.....you don't have to worry about the first scratch!!!

Offline TySeale

• View Profile
    • http://www.reverbnation/TySeale
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »
Hi, new to the forum.  I ordered my 125th Anniversary Wasburn Parlor guitar on Friday. Hope it ships soon...
On backorder now!  I have been wanting a vintage or vintage style parlor guitar for acoustic blues for awhile. I bought one 1937
guitar that looks just like the Morgan Monroe Blues 33. Hope I can get away with just a bridge shave
to fix the action.  which is why I bought the Wasburn: No issues like a real vintage guitar.
I fell in live with the look right away, and I am hearing good things!
Live to Play!

Offline TySeale

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2010, 08:54:38 PM »
Hi, new to the forum.  I ordered my 125th Anniversary Wasburn Parlor guitar on Friday. Hope it ships soon...
On backorder now!  I have been wanting a vintage or vintage style parlor guitar for acoustic blues for awhile. I bought one 1937
guitar that looks just like the Morgan Monroe Blues 33. Hope I can get away with just a bridge shave
to fix the action.  which is why I bought the Wasburn: No issues like a real vintage guitar.
I fell in live with the look right away, and I am hearing good things!
Live to Play!

Offline TySeale

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2010, 08:56:35 PM »
That should have been Blues 32, not 33.  Yet another iPhone related typo.
Ty
Live to Play!

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2010, 12:10:33 AM »
Welcome Ty. Congrats on the Parlor, looking forward to some pics...

Offline onewilyfool

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2010, 06:28:07 PM »
Pics are a must!!! One thing I like about these distressed models is that EVERY ONE is different......
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:38:15 PM by onewilyfool »

Offline sig

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2010, 05:35:48 AM »
First time poster here. I just lucked into a new R316 Trembesi parlor guitar. A friend of mine owns a guitar shop, and since he is a Washburn dealer, he pre-ordered one Rosewood model and one Trembesi model back in 2008. Last weekend I told him I was lusting for a parlor style guitar, and he offered to sell me his Trembesi model for $400. The guitar was still in the case, and the case was still in the plastic wrap it was shipped in. Mine is #69 of 250. I'm loving this guitar. I am on a 3 week work assignment 600 miles from home, and I brought the guitar with me to keep me company.
It's good to be a member of this forum, and I look forward to chatting with everyone.
Roger Sigman

Offline gregjones

• Perpetual Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2010, 03:20:21 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by DJN

I wonder if Washburn will eventually make these parlor guitars without the pre-aged look? Hope so, 'cause I'll buy one instantly.

[^]

I would by one when they announce a non-distressed, simple (18 series in Martin lingo) version.

Until that day it's a no sale for me.
If it's got tuners, tits, or tires----it's gonna cost you.

"There are no wrong notes, only advanced harmonies." - Frank Zappa

Offline onewilyfool

• View Profile
Re: 125th Anniversary Parlor...PICS ADDED!!!
« Reply #237 on: June 08, 2014, 01:53:45 PM »
Hi Guys and gals…I've been away from the forum for a LOOOOOONG time….was Playing my R316 today and thought I'd drop in, say hello and give you a update on my guitar. I have not truly played it much over the 6+ years since I bought it, but EVERY time I pull it out, I am just amazed by this guitar. In 6+ years…the action has not changed a silly millimeter. Just like when I got it. This guitar has a great "plunky" old time sound, at the same time has great sustain and amazing volume for it's size. I imagine they are not making it anymore, and I only see laminate B&S reproduction Washburns this size on the web anymore….but I think Washburn really hit it out of the park on this one!! Hope you are all doing well, looks like the forum is still going strong!!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:54:04 PM by onewilyfool »

Offline wrmurphy

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 08, 2014, 11:24:21 PM »
wily, good to see you're still with us. It has been a long time, welcome back.  Murph

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 10, 2014, 11:10:40 AM »
Nice to see you around.  I've played a few of the reproduction parlors and liked every one.  Very nice guitars.