Username: Password:

Author Topic: Model # D10N  (Read 49481 times)

Offline Dreadman

• View Profile
    • G-Tech Guitar Works
Model # D10N
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2008, 05:48:25 PM »
....and my apologies to CountryLady for all of this coming up in your thread. This forum has had a balance problem for a while now and it shows up from time to time in inopportune places. Generally a fun bunch though - feel free to ignore the crap, join in or chastise us all! Through it all though you will find plenty of answers and helpful information.

Dreadman
my guitars
Dreadman

The easiest way to make people believe you are a good man is to be a good man.

Offline Dreadman

• View Profile
    • G-Tech Guitar Works
Model # D10N
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2008, 06:02:28 PM »
I'm sorry Ship, I can't make it any more plain than that. Do you speak another language better? French perhaps? I'll translate if it will help.

I know the emails you're talking about. The ones where you were directing me as to which threads I need to reply to after you were asked not to email me. If you don't mind I'll read the forum and reply at MY leisure. I know a lot about guitars and I do like to help people but I'm not anyone's personal resource. It's the OTHER emails that I was referring to, from before you mysteriously became a moderator. The ones where you'd constantly tell me what my opinion should be and tell me what to post and what not to post. No one wants to hear that crap from anyone.

Dreadman
my guitars
Dreadman

ship of fools

Model # D10N
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2008, 06:11:19 PM »
Would it help you if I puplicly say I am sorry and we move on, common that was a long time ago, how big of an olive branch do you need to move forward let it go and lets move forward and forget the past.I have not sent you a private e-mail since way back,so lets find something else, as for another language how is your Hungarian or maybe you know biker language.louis

Millenium Brigade
Rover Brigade
Another WAGJammer
Timbercraft Brigade J52SW
D78-SW
and other great sounding and playing guitars

Offline Dreadman

• View Profile
    • G-Tech Guitar Works
Model # D10N
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2008, 06:17:22 PM »
I had a feeling English was a second language for you. This ought to straighten it out:

A törvényes kérdés van ön gyártás megjelöl szabályok amit aren't -ban kifüggesztett fórum szabályok akkor ablak betörése õket. Ön enged néhány ember mond akármi akarnak és ön mérsékelt a szar kívül másikak. Dave kifüggesztett igazi nevem -hoz munkát szerezni szemcsésedik -on én és ön didn't mond egy szó! -hoz lenni becsületes ez néz nagyon sok szeret you're célzás -a új - alapít képességek -on bizonyos emberek ( amit ne törõdj vele érted ) és bérlet másikak folytatódik mint mindig ( aztán némely ). Amit a kérdés.

Dreadman
my guitars
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 06:19:04 PM by Dreadman »
Dreadman

Offline Dreadman

• View Profile
    • G-Tech Guitar Works
Model # D10N
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2008, 06:21:53 PM »
I speak biker too but I have a feeling you'd delete my post if I translated it that way. LOL

Dreadman
my guitars
Dreadman

ship of fools

Model # D10N
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2008, 06:26:17 PM »
Well ,sorry your hungarian is not too great either, you can't translate it like that,but then it is one of the toughest languages to write and speak,so I guess you won't grab the olive branch and let the past go,what more can I do for you, I have already gone off-line with Dave, so what more can I do to make you happy.louis

Millenium Brigade
Rover Brigade
Another WAGJammer
D78-SW
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 06:27:36 PM by ship of fools »

Offline Dreadman

• View Profile
    • G-Tech Guitar Works
Model # D10N
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2008, 07:09:20 PM »
What's this about the past? We're discussing right here and now - your selective moderating - TODAY. The past has already been dealt with - let it go.

Don't feel like you need to make me happy. I just asked about the double standard moderating but it's pretty clear that you're not going to even attempt to address it. Whatever......

Dreadman
my guitars
Dreadman

ship of fools

Model # D10N
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »
So what is the double standard, talking about another brand of guitar is that what you are referrring to, if so, its the only thing I can think you might be talking about or are you talking about what Rocket posted, which was taken completly out of context, but then like I said I am not as articulant as he, when it comes to the American English language and sometimes my sentences may not follow my thought process, so my bad.Selective moderating I am only on line when I can so, please if I have missed something please point it out I am far from perfect, so let me know where I have missed something that doesn't belong.
As for this long winded conversation I have already apologized to countrylady and I hope she finds the guitar that best suits her, and with any luck it will be a Washburn (see I am loyal, I even bought one again )louis[:0]
I would only delete anything not fitting for children to read Dreadman, when it comes to biker language.louis
Millenium Brigade
Rover Brigade
Another WAGJammer
D78-SW
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 07:26:28 PM by ship of fools »

Offline RGG Music

• View Profile
    • http://www.RGGmusic.com
Model # D10N
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2008, 07:57:37 PM »
This used to be such a fun place.   Now we're fighting in Hungarian.

Offline strumsalot

• View Profile
    • http://mycherishedmoments.com
Model # D10N
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2008, 10:38:52 PM »
Welcome to forum Country Lady! We're just one big dysfunctional family.[:D][:D][:D]

I posted this a while back.

http://www.washburn.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11295

Its got a pic of a folk and 3/4 guit next to a dread. The funny thing is, the one with the smallest neck is the largest guit. The USA built D82SW has a 40mm nut. Now I would think that the D10S would have a larger nut width, 43-44mm, that's what my WD32SW has.

BTW - Ship, what size nut is on your D78SW???

Edited for spelling.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 09:05:40 AM by strumsalot »

Offline countrylady

• View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2008, 11:29:05 PM »
I thought I would let those who were kind enough to advise me know what I ended up doing.

And I enjoyed catching up on the discussion that has been going on while I was gone. It is also interesting that my further research led me to the same conclusion many of you suggested.

I ended up buying a Seagull Coastline Grand Parlor. It is 1.72 inches at the nut, and made in  Canada. It has a solid cedar top and laminated rosewood sides. It retails for over $450, but many discount houses offer it in the $369-$379 price range. I was somewhat tempted to buy from one of these, but was concerned about it not being set up, and have no place here to get that done. What do people do who buy from those places with no set up? Are they all experienced guitar owners who know how to do that?

For awhile, I looked at a couple of smaller, family owned shops on line that advertised free set up. The guitars ran about $400. More than I wanted to pay, but worth it to buy made in N. America.  Then I ran across two on ebay that looked practically new. In fact I think one was.. maybe it was a second. Anyway.. last night I bought the used one for $281.00, right over $300 with shipping. I think it is a good deal, and am excited about getting it.

As far as the politics of products made in Asia..

ship of fools said. its a sign of the times, I don't think its so much political as much as to do with trade agreements, they have to find a balance, you'd might be surprised as to how much even our respective goverments buy from the Asia's to achieve this so called balance.Well all thats important to me is that you find something you like and to be honest some of those Asian guitars aren't to bad.

Although I agree some of those Asian guitars are good guitars, I disagree completely about the politics of trade agreements. They certainly are politics and they are doing our country no good. Ask any small business owner who has been run out of business because of it or auto worker who has been laid off, and on and on...

Free trade agreements are not free!

Anyway.. I hope you don't mind if I hang around after my Seagull comes in. This is a very nice place, and I appreciated all the help in making a decision on a guitar.

Offline countrylady

• View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2008, 11:35:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Dreadman

....and my apologies to CountryLady for all of this coming up in your thread. This forum has had a balance problem for a while now and it shows up from time to time in inopportune places. Generally a fun bunch though - feel free to ignore the crap, join in or chastise us all! Through it all though you will find plenty of answers and helpful information.

[:)] I accept your apology dread. I think it's best to take an opportunity to hammer out an agreement than to let disagreements fester.

I wonder though, since I didn't buy a washburn do I have to leave the forum? [:(]

Offline countrylady

• View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2008, 11:46:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by strumsalot

Welcome to forum Country Lady! We're just one big dysfunctional family.[:D][:D][:D]

Hi Chad,

Thanks for taking the time to find the post with the measurements. Lots of variations among different brands and models I discovered as i read about many.

The Seagull Coastline Grand Parlor I bought measures:

nut width. 2.72, upper bout 9.28, lower bout 13.00, body length 18.3, body depth 4.2, total length 39-40, (I never got an exact figure on that)...but it appears to be a nice smaller guitar that should work well for me.

Thanks also for the welcome. I'm pretty good at sifting the oats from the chaff so was able to find the useful posts in this thread while smiling at the humaness in the rest.
[:)]

Offline countrylady

• View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2008, 11:49:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by larrylee13

COUNTRYLADY:

I would also probably suggest a smaller bodied guitar like the F10S. The solid spruce top will improve with age, the the folk-type body will probably be more to your liking...

I have one which I'm considering selling to get another Washburn, 'cause I find the neck too narrow for my somewhat fat fingers!!

Let me know if you might be interested.  It's literally like new. I live in Florida, so could ship...

Larry

Larry,

Thanks for the offer. I really ended up being wowed by the Seagull parlor. I am sure yours is a very nice guitar. I hope you find it a happy owner.

Offline countrylady

• View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2008, 11:56:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Arzy

ship, I've played some Simon & Patrick models over the years, and they really have a narrower neck feel than the standard Seagulls. The present spec, at least, for the S&P models is 1.72 at the nut. They (S&P) all have solid tops, at least nowadays, and they do have folk models (for example, this).

And the Seagull folk has a very wide nut (bad news for countrylady), so actually among the Godin acoustics, the Simon & Patrick folk or one of the solid-top Art & Lutherie folks (not all of the A&L ones have solid tops) might be the best bet for countrylady unless she really likes the booming dread sound--the folk guitar sound would be more boxy. (I'm not sure about the Norman nut widths, so I'm leaving them out--others here might have that information.)

Hi Arzy,

Since you didn't mention the Seagull Coastline Grand Parlor, I hope I didn't misinterpret something about its smaller size since I have bought one.[:p]

What do you think of it?