Username: Password:

Author Topic: USA Washburn Laredo "Tele"  (Read 5056 times)

Offline EdMan57

• View Profile
USA Washburn Laredo "Tele"
« on: February 04, 2008, 11:50:55 PM »
Anyone else here have [or have owned or played] an early/mid '90's USA Washburn Laredo Tele?I believe that the swamp ash bodied version was the LT-92 and the LT-82 was of the alder body variety.

Anyways,like I had previously stated in the other help me identify my washburn tele thread,I recently purchased a clean '94 Laredo LT-92 from a good friend and I'm totally digging it's tones and killer vintage vibe.My LT-92 has the standard Grover Jackson designed maple neck/fingerboard,Wilkinson bridge and Washburn labeled Gotoh tuners.My friend had replaced the funky stock MOP pickguard with a nice 3-ply tortioseshell guard,which looks great against the satin finished natural swamp ash woodgrain.The stock Duncan Broadcaster/Vintage Tele pickup combo sounds really nice,if not a tad bright on some amp settings.I'm thinking of going the Duncan Jerry Donahue Custom/Alnico II Pro set to see how I like it,as I had a similar setup on a previously owned ash body/maple board Fender Telecaster that I really dug [the tones,but not so much the neck].

As for pictures,that will have to wait until after tax time for when I can buy a much needed updated computer and digital camera.So,anyone else want to talk about their Laredo?

[?]

Ed

My current stable of electric guitars include a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,USA Washburn CT-3,USA Washburn MG-120,USA Washburn WMS Studio,USA Washburn Laredo LT-82,USA Hamer Studio,American Fender Custom Strat and a USA Hamer P-90 Special.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 12:44:13 PM by EdMan57 »
My current guitar harem includes a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,Fender American Standard SE Tele,USA Hamer Studio,Fender American Standard SE Strat,Gibson Les Paul Standard,Fender American Series Strat,USA Hamer P-90 Special,ESP PB-500,Malden Keyser and a Yamaha Pacifica 612v.

Offline iglesialagracia

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 09:46:20 AM »
If U know the neck radius of the LAREDO, I'd love the info!

Offline Lawrence Glisson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »
I have a 94 Laredo Tele and love it. I bought it used for 300.00. Did I pay to much for it?

Offline EdMan57

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 12:41:45 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence Glisson

I have a 94 Laredo Tele and love it. I bought it used for 300.00. Did I pay to much for it?

If it is in clean condition,then $300 was a good deal.Btw,I paid $400 for mine,and it's worth every penny,imho.

As for the radius,it feels like the 12.5 on my USA Fender Strat.Also,the neck carve feels like a fairly hard U shape.Both are just my observations,and are not based on having access to the actual specs.

Ed

My current stable of electric guitars include a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,USA Washburn CT-3,USA Washburn MG-120,USA Washburn WMS Studio,USA Washburn Laredo LT-82,USA Hamer Studio,American Fender Custom Strat and a USA Hamer P-90 Special.
My current guitar harem includes a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,Fender American Standard SE Tele,USA Hamer Studio,Fender American Standard SE Strat,Gibson Les Paul Standard,Fender American Series Strat,USA Hamer P-90 Special,ESP PB-500,Malden Keyser and a Yamaha Pacifica 612v.