Username: Password:

Author Topic: Lost forest Idol  (Read 3182 times)

Offline sonic6

• View Profile
Lost forest Idol
« on: February 17, 2008, 04:19:57 PM »
I have a Lost Forest Idol 1 of 3 made. I'm trying to find out where the other 2 are. any info would be great. thanks .
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 04:24:43 PM by sonic6 »

Offline EdMan57

• View Profile
Lost forest Idol
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 07:50:38 PM »
Sweet!What kind of wood is that?I'm going to guess old growth maple that came from the bottom of one of the Great Lakes.Most importantly,how does she sound?

As for looking for the other two Lost Forest Idols,it reminds me of one of those movies where the hero is looking for the missing pieces to an ancient religious time portal.

Ed

My current stable of electric guitars include a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,USA Washburn CT-3,USA Washburn MG-120,USA Washburn WMS Studio,USA Washburn Laredo LT-82,USA Hamer Studio,American Fender Custom Strat and a USA Hamer P-90 Special.
My current guitar harem includes a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,Fender American Standard SE Tele,USA Hamer Studio,Fender American Standard SE Strat,Gibson Les Paul Standard,Fender American Series Strat,USA Hamer P-90 Special,ESP PB-500,Malden Keyser and a Yamaha Pacifica 612v.

Offline Hawaii69

• View Profile
Lost forest Idol
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 02:13:23 AM »

Well, if you knew where they were, they wouldn't be lost [:p]
My Guitars:
Quilt Blue WI66Pro
Alvarez RD20S

Offline sonic6

• View Profile
Lost forest Idol
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:16:35 AM »
Good One!!

Offline Kodiak3D

• View Profile
Lost forest Idol
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 09:02:36 AM »
That is a really beautiful guitar.  I love that wood.
-Kodiak
Washburn Idol 64 DL
Washburn X-33

Offline Chet Ubetcha

• View Profile
Lost forest Idol
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 11:43:04 AM »
I know a guy named Arun Datta out near Pittsburgh had one.  I think he was trying to sell it a while back, though.  Hell... that may be yours!  :D
I've had all that I've wanted of a lot of things I've had, and a lot more than I needed of some things that turned out bad...

Offline bmartin318

• View Profile
Re: Lost forest Idol
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 10:11:29 AM »
Hey, I know this post is old but I just happened across the thread while doing some research.  I've got one of the three you're looking for.

Offline LostLostForest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 12:11:15 AM »
I used to own the third. Mine had less birds eye on the top, more prominent on the neck. Unfortunately it was stolen from Vernon,BC in Sept 2008, along with my entire studio.  We made sweet metal love in our short time together.  I miss that sexy bitch.

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 07:58:59 AM »
Does anyone know if there's any relation between the Lost Forest models & the Timeless Timber models?  ???

I'm only aware of the 2002-2003 NX6TM Nextar.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/

Offline cook_e_mnstr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 06:34:27 PM »
Essentially the same thing. Lost forest models are the 500+ year old timeless timber maple recovered from the bottom of lake superior. These days I believe there is more govt red tape involved with recovering them, and permits are required, taxes, fees, yadda, ect ect.. There are some other timeless timber logs being recovered now from other parts of the world. But a lot of it ts for CEO's desks and the like.
Homer Simpson: “Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.”

Offline A.J.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 03:14:31 AM »
I have one. Got it from Eric at Boogie St.

Offline A.J.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 12:53:18 AM »
Hey, I know this post is old but I just happened across the thread while doing some research.  I've got one of the three you're looking for.
I've got one. Bought it from Eric at Boogie St.