Username: Password:

Author Topic: It's Interesting  (Read 16828 times)

Offline luvmyshiner

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« on: March 04, 2008, 09:17:37 PM »
It's nice to see old friends again.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 09:35:42 PM by luvmyshiner »
. . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . .  Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas  1902

Offline I am the walrus

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 09:36:50 PM »
GEO,

That's the way it is around here.  I, unlike Shiner, choose not to use my old sign on.  It's more for the simple fact that the sign-on will no longer be used here.  

I also do not plan on sticking around.  I wasn't trying to stir things up, only prove that the trouble did not leave, it's still here.  I don't need to name people, everyone knows who they are.

For the record, most people that left are not happy with their decision, but were pushed into making the decision based on the atmosphere here and the vulgar, degrading e-mail they received.  Fortunately no one deleted it and the little man is going to have some serious explaining to do.  Most likely Washburn will be sitting right beside the little man.  They made their bed, now they have to sleep in it.

So before this thread is also deleted, good luck.

Oh, since this thread has been copied, have fun with your delete button little man.
I Am The Walrus
goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob

Offline wrmurphy

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 11:20:54 PM »
I also respect that Walrus, and I agree wholeheartedly with Shiners comments. I never had much to say on the forum but i got a lot of advice. Lunaray was right, this forum has lost its personality.

Murph

Offline KrisH

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 07:00:36 AM »
Just peeking.  Both of the last two posts I made were deleted.  One was to remind the moderator about the new diktat in a thread devoted to bashing P-Hill.  That also warranted a sarcastic email from the fool.  The other was a response to Sad thanking jwalter for reprinting Pike's old posts.  The post read, in toto, If you can't keep the scholar, lock up his books.  Gone down the memory hole.

Offline millenium

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 08:04:18 AM »
I agree with some of the arguments mentionned here... BUT... I always be the cool neutral guy, but this time THIS HAS TO STOP.... To all those washburn refugge from THE FRET forum... if you don't like to be here anymore so just don't come back. I don't see the purpose of coming here on an different nickname just to keep the fire alive. I don't think that people here do the same thing on your forum !!! I've go to the other forum to salutes everyone (my washburns friend)...I've done it an gently way !!! no attack, no messing around...

That been said, I haven't been part of those personality war that been here. It is a sad thing, a good friendship was here before. Now it is not possible anymore, I don't care who's fault it is !!!

VERY IMPORTANT... I still consider the refugge as friend... I read your dissapointment concerning the moderator here. And respect your point of view and opinions.

If some of refugge want to be part of those 2 forum, That is okay with me... ANYONE are welcome here to chat about guitars, you are free to come here as you want and post GUITAR related subject...
If some of refugge decide to ban this place, so fine and enjoy THE FRET !!!!

That being said, that was just my personnal opinion. I don't take part of this debate generaly.. But as a french speaking person, I hope that my point of view is understandable... don't want to be misunderstood !!!
I don't have many forum to go discuss about guitars... This is the place I discover 2 years ago, feel welcome, and start participate... I DON'T WANT TO LOSE THIS....

So.... Bonne continuité à tout le monde...
yan
millenium
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE MILLENIUM BRIGADE

Offline gregjones

• Perpetual Beginner
    • View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 08:18:46 AM »
I love the French speaking Canadians and the interpertation differences.  I used to go across Canada just because I liked it better than going across New York, Pennsylvania and Ohio.  Scoot across the border and head east--west whichever.

A few years ago a Canadian border guard was asking me the regular 20 questions----do you have any of this and that type.  He asked Do you own any firearms?  I told him hell yes, I'm from the south.  His eyes got big and he had me pull over to the side.  About three or four officers came out and the one who spoke English ask me about the guns I had in the truck.  I told him I didn't have any.  Finally it came out that the young officer was meaning to ask if I had any firearms in my possession, which I didn't, but instead asked if I owned any, which I do--so I told the truth and said yes.

After a big laugh, I was on my way to Duluth----across Canada.

[:)]

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got eight strings.

My correct email is gregajones@hotmail.com
If it's got tuners, tits, or tires----it's gonna cost you.

"There are no wrong notes, only advanced harmonies." - Frank Zappa

Offline millenium

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 08:24:52 AM »
loll greg... héhéhé... Don't mess with french canadian border officer !!! funny story of yours !
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 08:25:09 AM by millenium »
yan
millenium

Offline Toaster20

• Eat More Toast
    • View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 08:35:55 AM »
It's good to see some of you checking in.

Two things can happen here. We can really break it down, find the problem and solve it. Or we can reopen the old wounds and start the next battle of the same old war.

I'll bet if we could all get into a room and talk through this like adults, we'd find the common ground that brought us here to begin with. Solving this through posting and email is really hard and hasn't worked at all.

Do we need to be overmoderated? No, I don't think so.
Can we run with no rules at all? No, that won't work either.

We just need to find the right balance and we need to work at treating people respectfully, and we'll get it back again. War is over if you want it.

Dave

PS.  Does anyone think this thread will turn into the usual flame war?  Let's watch and see ...

Offline millenium

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 08:40:06 AM »
I'm with you Toaster... Heuu... That is real, I'm not in ANY war !!! Just want to enjoy this place with WHOEVER want to participate the RIGHT way !!!
yan
millenium

Offline SAJay

• View Profile
    • http://scottfreeusa.blogspot.com/
It's Interesting
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 09:02:41 AM »
Well ***** (yes *****, a bunch of squaking ****) this whole thing is BS.
I am a newbie and thought I had found a good place to talk music and guitars but I guess I came along just in time for the feud.

I have tried over the last couple of weeks to become involved with topics and comments but it seems to only come back to a thread about pointing fingers and a witch hunt.

Here is my take: I believe that this falls squarely on browndog and the ownership of this forum. If you do not do something to solve this problem, whether it be appoint a new moderator (nothing against you ship, 1on1 to me you have been fine but I don't know the history or want to) or clean out all the troublemakers (you know who you are, I don't) then this board will not PROVIDE the environment that was intended and will become known as just another BS site to bitch and moan. Your reputation will make or break you!!!

I came here for the right reasons, music and guitars, only to have to listen to the constant bickering.

Someone has to clean up the chicken coup so do your job browndog and ownership and restore some sanity to this or I, like others will not stay long because you are NOT providing the service that was intended.

If I wanted to listen to a bunch of ***** bitch and moan then I can go hang out at the local ****** ****** which would be more entertaining.
Washburn D-28S-12N
Martin Koa
Ovation Folklore
Custom LP
Carvin Bolt

http://scottfreeusa.blogspot.com/

Offline gregjones

• Perpetual Beginner
    • View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 09:07:57 AM »
[^]

There are but a few newbies.  Makes you wonder how many just looked around, said Holy crap!!!, and bought an Epiphone.

[xx(]

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got eight strings.

My correct email is gregajones@hotmail.com
If it's got tuners, tits, or tires----it's gonna cost you.

"There are no wrong notes, only advanced harmonies." - Frank Zappa

Offline Mike Beatty

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »
I guess it's time for me to step in here and make a statement or two.

1. I've asked those of you who have accused Louis of sending inappropriate e-mails to forward those emails to me. Until I have actual evidence showing otherwise, I have to believe that Louis has NOT engaged in inappropriate behavior.

2. As far as deleting threads, I ahve asked that threads he deems inappropriate be locked and then I will decide if they should be deleted. I can count on one hand the number times I have asked that he delete a thread and it was usually because I was directed to do so from higher up the food chain here.

3. All former members that have not been banned are welcome back under their old name or a new name if they'd like. LEt's stop worrying about who is posting as who now and treat every new member with respect and good grace until they prove they deserve otherwise. If you're point in returning is to stir the pot that will not be tolerated.

4. This forum is intended for the discussion of Washburn guitars and other products. Topics that fall far outside of this purview will not be tolerated.

Any questions comments etc, feel free to send me a PM.

Mike Beatty
Customer Service Manager
U.S. Music Corp.

Offline strumsalot

• View Profile
    • http://mycherishedmoments.com
It's Interesting
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 09:26:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by browndog

LEt's stop worrying about who is posting as who now and treat every new member with respect and good grace until they prove they deserve otherwise.
How would you recommend we treat them then???
Edited for spelling.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 09:43:46 AM by strumsalot »

Offline strumsalot

• View Profile
    • http://mycherishedmoments.com
It's Interesting
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 09:41:57 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by millenium

I agree with some of the arguments mentionned here... BUT... I always be the cool neutral guy, but this time THIS HAS TO STOP.... To all those washburn refugge from THE FRET forum... if you don't like to be here anymore so just don't come back. I don't see the purpose of coming here on an different nickname just to keep the fire alive. I don't think that people here do the same thing on your forum !!! I've go to the other forum to salutes everyone (my washburns friend)...I've done it an gently way !!! no attack, no messing around...

That been said, I haven't been part of those personality war that been here. It is a sad thing, a good friendship was here before. Now it is not possible anymore, I don't care who's fault it is !!!

VERY IMPORTANT... I still consider the refugge as friend... I read your dissapointment concerning the moderator here. And respect your point of view and opinions.

If some of refugge want to be part of those 2 forum, That is okay with me... ANYONE are welcome here to chat about guitars, you are free to come here as you want and post GUITAR related subject...
If some of refugge decide to ban this place, so fine and enjoy THE FRET !!!!

That being said, that was just my personnal opinion. I don't take part of this debate generaly.. But as a french speaking person, I hope that my point of view is understandable... don't want to be misunderstood !!!
I don't have many forum to go discuss about guitars... This is the place I discover 2 years ago, feel welcome, and start participate... I DON'T WANT TO LOSE THIS....

So.... Bonne continuité à tout le monde...

yan
millenium

No disrespect intended Yan, but it's easy to be neutral when you personally haven't been affected by this. You see, everybody, more than anything, would like to talk guitars here without heavy-handed moderation or harassing emails.

You're a member of The Fret too, where 30 or so Washies are coexisting peacefully. Yet, you return, like me and others, to be here in the middle of this rift. Why? I like to think it's because we all love Washburns.

There's a couple here that are not members of The Fret...kind of makes you wonder who really is the problem.

Offline nodehopper

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 09:42:38 AM »
I came here for to share my purchase of a new Washburn Parlor and to get advice regarding its condition when I finally received it.

First off I want to state that Stacy and Mike were excellent in responding to my customer service call....thank you guys. I also want to thank ship for suggesting I call them.

Wow this forum is a mess and based on the bit of reading I have done I just want to say that it has tainted everything here. To the point I don't even trust the advice I was given by forum members regarding my guitar. While both Washburn Customer Service and a local guitar tech say it looks fine I get replies saying it is screwed and I should return it. Then I see the same forum members flaming away in other threads. I have to stop and wonder if I am getting negative advice just to sour a new person to the forum here. I am not interested in taking the time to figure it out and those threads seem to be gone anyways, so I just feel that posting here is pretty worthless.

The only good advice I got was from ship suggesting I contact Customer Service.....otherwise I was basically ignored and or feel I was possibly used as a pawn in what ever Cat Fight is going on.

What a waste of a decent forum.

Stephen......   Ain't no more potatoes, the frost have killed the vine ......
Well, the blues ain't nothin' but a good woman on your mind MJH

Gibson CJ-165                                  

Martin D 16 H

Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
Stephen......   Ain't no more potatoes, the frost have killed the vine ......
Well, the blues ain't nothin' but a good woman on your mind MJH

Gibson CJ-165

WASHBURN 125-ANNIVERSARY-R316-SWRK PARLOR                                

Martin D 16 H - Martin 000-15S

Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus