Username: Password:

Author Topic: It's Interesting  (Read 16770 times)

Offline gregjones

• Perpetual Beginner
    • View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 10:00:08 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by browndog

4. This forum is intended for the discussion of Washburn guitars and other products. Topics that fall far outside of this purview will not be tolerated.

The point to remember.

This is a promotional tool for Washburn.  They own it and it is a reflection of their product for the world to see.  They set the standards under which it operates according to their wishes, whims, desires and needs.

It's easy to fall in and feel at home with the great group of guys (and a gal or two) we had.  But, this is not our house.  Nor is it a democracy---it has a king----U.S. Music Corp.

It exists not for our pleasure, but to suit the needs of Washburn.  Sure, we help fulfill that need with our advice and comments---but we are still under their thumb.  It's their image to the world we are playing with.

I feel Washburn has been more than acceptably tolerant with all of this during the past several weeks.  I'd have shut the forum down.

U.S. Music Corp. pays Mike to do a lot more important tasks than babysit.

It would do us all well to remember this.

[:)]

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got eight strings.

My correct email is gregajones@hotmail.com
If it's got tuners, tits, or tires----it's gonna cost you.

"There are no wrong notes, only advanced harmonies." - Frank Zappa

Offline Lunaray

• View Profile
    • http://www.rayspace.com
It's Interesting
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 10:05:34 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by SAJay

Well GIRLS (yes girls, a bunch of squaking hens) this whole thing is BS.
I am a newbie and thought I had found a good place to talk music and guitars but I guess I came along just in time for the feud.

I have tried over the last couple of weeks to become involved with topics and comments but it seems to only come back to a thread about pointing fingers and a witch hunt.

Here is my take: I believe that this falls squarely on browndog and the ownership of this forum. If you do not do something to solve this problem, whether it be appoint a new moderator (nothing against you ship, 1on1 to me you have been fine but I don't know the history or want to) or clean out all the troublemakers (you know who you are, I don't) then this board will not PROVIDE the environment that was intended and will become known as just another BS site to bitch and moan. Your reputation will make or break you!!!

I came here for the right reasons, music and guitars, only to have to listen to the constant bickering.

Someone has to clean up the chicken coup so do your job browndog and ownership and restore some sanity to this or I, like others will not stay long because you are NOT providing the service that was intended.

If I wanted to listen to a bunch of girls bitch and moan then I can go hang out at the local beauty parlor which would be more entertaining.

If I were a woman, I would be very offended by your pathetic sexist comments, no wait, strike that, I like women and I am very offended by your pathetic sexist comments! Do you have a swastika tatooed on your forhead too?

Ray
www.southforkmtnmusic.com  
Antique Washburn Parlor, Model 5200

Music is best when it's played around a campfire!
Ray

Antique Washburn Parlor, Model 5200

Music is best when it's played around a campfire!

Offline strumsalot

• View Profile
    • http://mycherishedmoments.com
It's Interesting
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 10:07:21 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by nodehopper

To the point I don't even trust the advice I was given by forum members regarding my guitar. While both Washburn Customer Service and a local guitar tech say it looks fine I get replies saying it is screwed and I should return it. Then I see the same forum members flaming away in other threads. I have to stop and wonder if I am getting negative advice just to sour a new person to the forum here. I am not interested in taking the time to figure it out and those threads seem to be gone anyways, so I just feel that posting here is pretty worthless.

What a waste of a decent forum.
It's headed that way.

Let me ask you a question Node. Did you think that there maybe something wrong? Your instincts were pretty good. Just from the picture, it looks as if your top is sunken or concave. Is this normal? No, usually the sign of low humidity. Is a little bit of movement normal for solid tops? Yes, because they are sensitive to humidity and temperature changes. Do I think the movement in your top is more than a little bit or abnormal? Yes. Is there a difference between a guitar tech and luthier? Tons. Do a google search for sunken or concave top, include guitar in your search string.

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 10:09:56 AM »
Thanks  For trying BD...WASHBURN has new mandolins
I know ya don't care...LOL

I LIKE CHEESE...LOL

Offline millenium

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 10:16:06 AM »
Strumalot... no effenses taken... I can take your comments. I just wanted to say my point of view. I understand that maybe some of you have been hurt personnaly from the moderator acting. Offline trashtalking might get the opposition stronger. I totally disapprouve harrassing e-mail.. Even if I'm not concern, I know that some of you probably says things hurtfull from each other !

It is right that I don't have been include in this rumble, and god thanks for it !!! but I'm here everyday, and most of the discussion here is fighting. That ain't interresting for me... and as some new member says, they feel the tension here...

PLEASE, I don't want U.S. corp to close this place, let's give time !

I give you an big hand shake my friend and you're right LET'S TALK GUITARS...
and for Maggoo !! LET'S TALK MANDOLINS !!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 10:19:28 AM by millenium »
yan
millenium
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE MILLENIUM BRIGADE

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 10:28:28 AM »
LMAO Thanks Yan...ya got to go look at washburns new mandolins...Even if ya don't play one you have to admit the 118sw and 116sw are nice looking well built mandolins.

Offline millenium

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 10:41:39 AM »
Maggoo... I play mandolins.. Don't own one actually, but I'll buy another one one day... Now, I must tell that I don't pretend playing mandolins perfectly. Probably not as your level. But, I've played it for fun. I like tickle it in guitar store. I once record a song with mandolins tracks... Don't have the file now, maybe old member forum still got it on their PC... that was in the How to share a song threat in general section I think !!!
yan
millenium
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE MILLENIUM BRIGADE

Offline mrmudcat

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 11:08:23 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by browndog

I guess it's time for me to step in here and make a statement or two.

1. I've asked those of you who have accused Louis of sending inappropriate e-mails to forward those emails to me. Until I have actual evidence showing otherwise, I have to believe that Louis has NOT engaged in inappropriate behavior.

I did just that recently,you even replied asking if it was safe to open the forwarding email at work.You then said it wasnt right and you would speak to your boy.I can post the reply to my email if you like.Lets be clear mike are you saying now publically you havent recieved any evidence of inappropiate emails and that louis hasnt engaged in this behavior?  
Frankly I forgot you sent an attachment and the email got deleted before I had a chance to look at it. The rest of the email was void of content so I have no way of knowing what kind of vulgarity you are talking about. If you forward teh attachment to me I will look at it.

2. As far as deleting threads, I ahve asked that threads he deems inappropriate be locked and then I will decide if they should be deleted. I can count on one hand the number times I have asked that he delete a thread and it was usually because I was directed to do so from higher up the food chain here.

Wow so only a handful of threads have been deleted from ship ok so what happened to the who knows how many  other deletions?? Sorry mike but simply a naive statement as anyone here knows the truth.

[Not what I said. I said I have only requested taht a couple of threads be deleted. Guess I wasn't clear./blue]
3. All former members that have not been banned are welcome back under their old name or a new name if they'd like. Let's stop worrying about who is posting as who now and treat every new member with respect and good grace until they prove they deserve otherwise. If your point in returning is to stir the pot that will not be tolerated.

My point in returning is to  point out the B.S.
That's not needed. For that reason you've been removed from this site

4. This forum is intended for the discussion of Washburn guitars and other products. Topics that fall far outside of this purview will not be tolerated.

Not this again ,maybe one should look in-house to see if this rule/law is being enforced
I will make sure that happens.

Any questions comments etc, feel free to send me a PM.

After being told everone that left were just trouble makers along with some other statements(not a direct quote) I blocked you from my email.Alot of good people left even ones who were very chummy with louis but yet they were all classified as easily replaced.Now you reply here stating you have seen no evidence of wrong doing and louis has done nothing wrong along with hiding your head up your ...errr I mean in the sand has really opened my eyes to the problem.The fact you are going to do nothing about it despite im sure more evidence than just mine obviously points out your grasp/lack of on the severity of email harrasment and vulgar spam emails.The fact it originated from a usmusic rep,it is illegal ,makes me wonder why you wouldnt acknowledge it publically [:(]

No one has offered up ANY evindence of inappropriate emails sent by Louis other than teh attachment that you sent which I didn't view before it was accidentally deleted.

Mike Beatty
Customer Service Manager
U.S. Music Corp.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:31:11 AM by mrmudcat »

Offline KrisH

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Lunaray

If I were a woman, I would be very offended by your pathetic sexist comments, no wait, strike that, I like women and I am very offended by your pathetic sexist comments! Do you have a swastika tatooed on your forhead too?

Speaking only for myself, it was quite offensive -- especially seeing as it was meant as an insult.  Remember: your mother was a woman!  How little regard do you hold her in?

By the way, I never said I was leaving, just stopped posting to see how everything shook out.  It is possible to be be in 2 (or 3 or 4) places at once.

Offline Mike Beatty

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 12:02:17 PM »
Ooops. I didn't mean to edit Mrmudcats post but rather reply to it. The comments in blue are mine.
Mike Beatty
Customer Service Manager
U.S. Music Corp.

Offline sad_fingers

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/billatheadhugger/index.html
It's Interesting
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 12:18:40 PM »
Do I say my goodbyes to everyone now? As the way things are going I will be loosing a lot of friends, I've already lost some to The Fret.....

I am guilty as many others of stepping out of line and was prepared to take the consequences, however as I am still here, I have chosen not to reply to some rather nasty and childish threads that where put up a day or so ago some aimed at me. But thats in the past.[|)]

I will not fuel a fight that is going to inevitably pull this forum down.

I am not an angel here and maybe sometimes I do need to put a filter between my brain and the keyboard ( I ain't got much brain though[:D][:D]))

As I said in a previous post I would love to see all the guys and girls back irrespective of past issues.

I have only a couple of real loves in life ( behave[:D] ) and one is my love of Washburn guitars and this forum ( I don't want to lose the forum ) but the way things are going thats what will happen.

If we all truly love Washburn guitars and have this forums welfare at heart then it is time to accept many of us have made mistakes, but to keep it going now will just add to the growing pressure which in turn will destroy the forum. ( I don't want that DO YOU? )

If so! I would just like to say on the whole it's been a pleasure chatting and gaining loads of support and info from people.

And wherever you find yourselves in life take care and goodbye.

If the forum survives this I would like to welcome all new members to what is a great place to be.

Regards & Respect SAD[:(]

My Girls

Washburn D10SCE
Washburn W166 Pro

-------------------------------

The way to learn to do things is to do things.

- Benjamin Franklin
My gear

Vox 30wat amp
Washburn D10SCE
Washburn W166 Pro
Boss BR-600 Multi Track
-------------------------------

The way to learn to do things is to do things.

- Benjamin Franklin

Offline SAJay

• View Profile
    • http://scottfreeusa.blogspot.com/
It's Interesting
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2008, 12:20:54 PM »
quote:
KrisH     Posted - 03/05/2008 : 11:14:13 AM

quote:Originally posted by Lunaray

Speaking only for myself, it was quite offensive -- especially seeing as it was meant as an insult. Remember: your mother was a woman! How little regard do you hold her in?

By the way, I never said I was leaving, just stopped posting to see how everything shook out. It is possible to be be in 2 (or 3 or 4) places at once.

Oh please, grow up everyone!
You should be embarrassed at your behaviour but instead you are offended by the comparison.

This is a total joke, listen to yourselves, act your age, wise up and act you age. If you are offended then it is you that have the problem.

I have better things to do than this so have a frustrating life.

Over and out of here!
Washburn D-28S-12N
Martin Koa
Ovation Folklore
Custom LP
Carvin Bolt

http://scottfreeusa.blogspot.com/

Offline workknot

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 12:26:10 PM »
As a new member, I feel whomever the moderators are have every right to stop any flaming or personal attacks on each other in this forum. Why cannot everyone just agree to disagree and move on with life. I am here to learn about music and instruments and in my opinion much of this is just not adult behavior for a Washburn Guitar Forum. Those who keep this alive need find something better to do with there life.
Regards; Pop's

MY HERD HAS THINNED !!!
Gibson ES 339!
Washburn HB35WR
With Gibson 57 Pickups!
Washburn OS OG8CEN soon to be STEREO capable!
Behringer Ultracoustic ACX 450 with extension cabinet!
Washburn HB35WR
With Gibson 57 Pickups!
Behringer Ultracoustic ACX 450 with extension cabinet!
Washburn J28SCEDLM Stereo Setup, Cumberland Cedar Top [:)]
Michael Kelly V15CE Cedar top on the way.
Fender FM210R Amp

Offline onewilyfool

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2008, 01:28:21 PM »
When I first came to this forum, it was to ask information about an antique Washburn guitar. I was welcomed warmly as a new member. A guy named PIKE took me under his wing, and introduced me to some people who were in the know about the old Washburns. I learned that a fire destroyed most of the Records of the old Washburn factory, and that the new owners really just took over the old name from a company that had abandoned operations. The new company, US Music Corp, couldn't help me at all. When I posted pics of my guitar, two other guys posted pics that enabled me to verify by the Herringbone pattern that this was indeed a Washburn/Lyon and Healy guitar. A guy named Keef, who has written a book about the old Washburns, was able to identify and date my guitar!!! I enjoyed the humor and ribbing of the posts, and really this Forum is HEAD and SHOULDERS above most of the others. I was actually sent a very aggressive message from a monitor of the Taylor Forum, because I asked a guy what he payed for his Guitar?????? Other forums are very clique-ish, and I wound up feeling not part of the in crowd This group represents a wealth of knowledge and support for Washburn guitars and music and guitars in general. I think because of this comraderie, I purchased a couple of more Washburns (R308S and R316) which I enjoy greatly and enjoy sharing about in this forum. I miss Pike, I miss that general warm fuzzy feeling I got following the links, and participating in the back and forth.  So guys......please remember, everything written in this forum is JUST AN OPINION!!!! And all opinions are equal. Nothing more, nothing less.....just little words on a screen.....LITTLE WORDS ON A SCREEN!!!! lol......what on earth is there to get upset about???? Surely any upset has to be in the eye of the beholder......just little words......Let's keep sharing with enthusiasm and inspiration.....this is a great place....let's keep it that way!!! This is one of the best guitar forums going.

Offline SilentLegume

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2008, 01:36:05 PM »
I'm relatively new here, but looking back , I note that one of the threads I posted in seems to have been deleted... In it I did no bashing but merely mentioned that a guitar sold on eBay (by a store w/ an initial for a first name, let's call it A. Bluff) was being sold as new despite an obvious scar on the side.  

Hell, do you know how many times people respond to people's problems with Musician's Friend with a not-so-subtle bash on MF?

I really like to consider myself part of the Washburn community, but if my time on the board ends with my few messages being deleted, then what's the point?

--SilentL

WI64/TR w/ GFS pickups
WI64 Proto w/ Quilt Red Sunburst (no VCC or BF, more like a WI46 in size/shape)
D11/AN
D10/WHT
D100M/TR