Username: Password:

Author Topic: It's Interesting  (Read 18688 times)

Offline strumsalot

• View Profile
    • http://mycherishedmoments.com
It's Interesting
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2008, 01:37:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by workknot

As a new member, I feel whomever the moderators are have every right to stop any flaming or personal attacks on each other

Who then stops the moderator from this?

Offline strumsalot

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2008, 01:45:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SAJay

Well ***** (yes *****, a bunch of squaking ****) this whole thing is BS.
I am a newbie and thought I had found a good place to talk music and guitars but I guess I came along just in time for the feud.

I have tried over the last couple of weeks to become involved with topics and comments but it seems to only come back to a thread about pointing fingers and a witch hunt.

Here is my take: I believe that this falls squarely on browndog and the ownership of this forum. If you do not do something to solve this problem, whether it be appoint a new moderator (nothing against you ship, 1on1 to me you have been fine but I don't know the history or want to) or clean out all the troublemakers (you know who you are, I don't) then this board will not PROVIDE the environment that was intended and will become known as just another BS site to bitch and moan. Your reputation will make or break you!!!

I came here for the right reasons, music and guitars, only to have to listen to the constant bickering.

Someone has to clean up the chicken coup so do your job browndog and ownership and restore some sanity to this or I, like others will not stay long because you are NOT providing the service that was intended.

If I wanted to listen to a bunch of ***** bitch and moan then I can go hang out at the local ****** ****** which would be more entertaining.

Griping about all the griping.

Pot and Kettle.

Offline nodehopper

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by strumsalot

quote:
Originally posted by nodehopper

To the point I don't even trust the advice I was given by forum members regarding my guitar. While both Washburn Customer Service and a local guitar tech say it looks fine I get replies saying it is screwed and I should return it. Then I see the same forum members flaming away in other threads. I have to stop and wonder if I am getting negative advice just to sour a new person to the forum here. I am not interested in taking the time to figure it out and those threads seem to be gone anyways, so I just feel that posting here is pretty worthless.

What a waste of a decent forum.
It's headed that way.

Let me ask you a question Node. Did you think that there maybe something wrong? Your instincts were pretty good. Just from the picture, it looks as if your top is sunken or concave. Is this normal? No, usually the sign of low humidity. Is a little bit of movement normal for solid tops? Yes, because they are sensitive to humidity and temperature changes. Do I think the movement in your top is more than a little bit or abnormal? Yes. Is there a difference between a guitar tech and luthier? Tons. Do a google search for sunken or concave top, include guitar in your search string.

Chad
My Guits

So you are saying that Stacy and Mike (Stacy told me he would get Mikes opinion) after looking at the same picture you did are doing what when they respond it is OK and normal? Are you calling them liars?

I have googled and everything I am seeing showing dryness problems, the concave behind the bridge in the lower bout where there is less bracing. On mine the concave is in front of the bridge directly over the X in the X bracing....meaning there is significant support for the top in that area.

Again with all the hostility and turmoil on this forum I just don't know who to trust so my instinct is not to trust anyone here. I probably should have just posted my questions over on the UMGF ....even though it is a washburn I am sure I would have gotten a lot more feedback.

So if Mike or Stacy see this and feel I am unclear: Based upon Stacy and Mikes evaluation of the photograph and the lifetime warranty. My dated receipt, UPS tracking showing when I accepted delivery and the dated email response from Washburn and Stacy telling me that if there is a problem it is under warranty. I am going to keep my Washburn Parlor and hope for the best.

I hope you all decide to make these forums an inviting place for people to post and read!

Stephen......   Ain't no more potatoes, the frost have killed the vine ......
Well, the blues ain't nothin' but a good woman on your mind MJH

Gibson CJ-165                                  

Martin D 16 H

Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
Stephen......   Ain't no more potatoes, the frost have killed the vine ......
Well, the blues ain't nothin' but a good woman on your mind MJH

Gibson CJ-165

WASHBURN 125-ANNIVERSARY-R316-SWRK PARLOR                                

Martin D 16 H - Martin 000-15S

Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus

Offline strumsalot

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2008, 01:49:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SAJay

Oh please, grow up everyone!
You should be embarrassed at your behaviour but instead you are offended by the comparison.

This is a total joke, listen to yourselves, act your age, wise up and act you age. If you are offended then it is you that have the problem.
Sounds to me as if someone has taken offense. Who, has the problem?

Offline onewilyfool

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2008, 01:52:19 PM »
Node.....I hope you have HOURS and HOURS of fun and enjoyment playing your guitar....

Offline strumsalot

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2008, 02:16:20 PM »
quote:

So you are saying that Stacy and Mike (Stacy told me he would get Mikes opinion) after looking at the same picture you did are doing what when they respond it is OK and normal? Are you calling them liars?

I have googled and everything I am seeing showing dryness problems, the concave behind the bridge in the lower bout where there is less bracing. On mine the concave is in front of the bridge directly over the X in the X bracing....meaning there is significant support for the top in that area.

Again with all the hostility and turmoil on this forum I just don't know who to trust so my instinct is not to trust anyone here. I probably should have just posted my questions over on the UMGF ....even though it is a washburn I am sure I would have gotten a lot more feedback.

So if Mike or Stacy see this and feel I am unclear: Based upon Stacy and Mikes evaluation of the photograph and the lifetime warranty. My dated receipt, UPS tracking showing when I accepted delivery and the dated email response from Washburn and Stacy telling me that if there is a problem it is under warranty. I am going to keep my Washburn Parlor and hope for the best.
Not calling anyone liars.

I just don't think it's normal, as did Geo, 29er, and mrboult. Even the tech at Washburn said, that it looks to be normal. He then went on to say, you should probably look inside with a inspection mirror and flashlight to be 100% certain there is nothing unusual going on here. If you don't know what to look for, I suggest taking it to a luthier.

From Washburns Website - Warranty Page

What is not covered:

Instruments that have been modified after original shipment from the Washburn factory.

Instruments whose serial numbers have been altered or removed.

Instruments that have been subjected to extreme humidity or temperature conditions.

Instruments that have been damaged due to misuse, neglect, or accident. .

Normal wear and tear to serviceable parts such as strings, tuning machines, electronic controls and frets.

Instruments that have been purchased from an unauthorized Washburn dealer.

Warranty claims by anyone other than the original purchaser.

Freight charges to and from the factory or authorized service center for customer owned goods.

Any and all charges incurred from priority service requests (Rush Service) or priority shipping for replacement parts.

Any and all charges if no problem is found
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 02:17:45 PM by strumsalot »

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2008, 02:37:05 PM »
quote:

Again with all the hostility and turmoil on this forum I just don't know who to trust so my instinct is not to trust anyone here.

Nodehopper, I sincerely doubt that anyone here has given you any bogus advice.  Despite what catfighting has ensued on this forum, it has been my experience in the slightly less than a year I've been a member here that everyone, to a person, who has given me advice has been well meaning.  I've frequently provided advice and suggestions on this forum, hoping only to help someone who enjoys this pursuit in which we have all engaged, and having gotten advice from many of those who have now departed this forum I would bet a paycheck that they were not attempting to sabatoge the forum--they were all very knowledgable and the advice they gave was spot on, IMHO.  

Re: the catfighting you've seen going on, those issues do not seem to be related to the forum in general, but seem to be personal issues between a few of the members who chose to air their laundry in public rather than privately, which IMHO is the way in which those disputes should have been discussed.  I'm terribly saddened at the loss of our forum friends, and all I have to say (similar to what Yan has to say) is that I don't have to attend every argument to which I am invited is a pretty good attitude to practice in regards to that issue.  

Just curious, too, if anyone has noticed that there is a new moderator, or if there was more than one I didn't know it.  Look for deltacaster, 5001 posts, been a member since 10/4/05, but only posted on one thread recently, and that was today.  

Hmmmmmm.......I'm hoping deltacaster will post a thread introducing himself.  Did a search for non-archived posts and it looks like deltacaster hasn't posted in any thread that was active since August, 2007, until today.  

So, deltacaster, how about introducing yourself, or better yet, post a bio on What makes you tick on the General Discussion board--I'm sure we're all going to want to know more about you!

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Lifelong Audiophile
Guitar Playin' FOOL
Retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!!

The crew:
Washburn WD32SW and WD32S, WD61SW project guitar
Epiphone AJ-10 (campfire guitar!!)
Yamaha G231-II and G60A Classical guitars
A Hohner classical I left at a vacation home in SW KS.
Epiphone Dot '63 ES335  Repop, Epiphone Les Paul Special (?)
Ibanez RX20
A cheap Circle K banjo I play when feelin' funky
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline strumsalot

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2008, 02:38:08 PM »
Good questions Geo.

Offline strumsalot

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2008, 03:30:18 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by YerDugliness

Just curious, too, if anyone has noticed that there is a new moderator, or if there was more than one I didn't know it.  Look for deltacaster, 5001 posts, been a member since 10/4/05, but only posted on one thread recently, and that was today.  

Hmmmmmm.......I'm hoping deltacaster will post a thread introducing himself.  Did a search for non-archived posts and it looks like deltacaster hasn't posted in any thread that was active since August, 2007, until today.  

So, deltacaster, how about introducing yourself, or better yet, post a bio on What makes you tick on the General Discussion board--I'm sure we're all going to want to know more about you!

Noticed that too, Dugly.

BTW have you made any progress on the 61?

Offline sad_fingers

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/billatheadhugger/index.html
It's Interesting
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2008, 03:47:43 PM »
Ship has stepped down as the moderator, as he felt it was better for the forum if he past the role onto someone who is not as personally involved.

Moderating is a tough job, I know as I am a class A referee with my association and a class B with the World karate & kick boxing association and the post is an unforgiving post.

I know Ship will be around and will be back posting soon once things settle down and I for one will bid him a warm welcome back as I would hope any other adult would on the forum.

Regards SAD

My Girls

Washburn D10SCE
Washburn W166 Pro

-------------------------------

The way to learn to do things is to do things.

- Benjamin Franklin
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 03:49:53 PM by sad_fingers »
My gear

Vox 30wat amp
Washburn D10SCE
Washburn W166 Pro
Boss BR-600 Multi Track

- Benjamin Franklin

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2008, 04:07:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by strumsalot

BTW have you made any progress on the 61?
Chad

I've been playing the '61 now for almost a month.  I got tired of seeing it sit there waiting for the luthier to find time to work on it, so I cut up one of those fake plastic credit cards that comes with many of the credit card come-ons you get in the mail and used a slice of that to shim between the forward margin of the saddle slot and that bizarre plastic saddle.  It eliminated the slop and now the saddle chicklets sit perfectly perpindicular to the top rather than angled forward.  I'll still have the luthier make an envelope to hold a more standard saddle, but for now it sounds beautiful as an acoustic (the pickup and electronics actually work, but I don't care for the sound--I suspect there may actually be some damage to that old pickup, or perhaps it is just my amp, but it's too shrill and metallic).

I might make Pearl in April, how bout you?  If so, I'll bring it and let you play it--you'll like it!

Dugly [8D]

Lifelong Audiophile
Guitar Playin' FOOL

The crew:
Ibanez RX20
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 04:08:19 PM by YerDugliness »
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2008, 04:11:28 PM »
quote:

Everybody who's anybody around here knows Stacy!

Offline sad_fingers

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/billatheadhugger/index.html
It's Interesting
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2008, 04:14:03 PM »
I and many others are obviously nobodies because I and many others don't know anything about this Stacy.

My Girls

Washburn D10SCE
Washburn W166 Pro

- Benjamin Franklin
My gear

Vox 30wat amp
Washburn D10SCE
Washburn W166 Pro
Boss BR-600 Multi Track

- Benjamin Franklin

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2008, 04:21:07 PM »
Look at his profile and go to his links and learn all about him.

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2008, 04:21:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rocket

quote:

Everybody who's anybody around here knows Stacy!

I never claimed to be anybody, Rocket--in actuality, I admitted to being a relative noob--I was just curious, considering all the grief and anxiety that's been passed around on the forum lately, what this person's plan was, and considering that he hasn't posted ANYTHING on the forum at all since well before this whole blow up took place, he might not actually know anything about it, anyway.

It just seems to me that if he hasn't cared enough to post on the forum for 6 months, that he might not have much of an investment in the goings-on here, anyway, but like I said, since I'm a relative noob I missed most of what he posted, anyway--it happened well before I joined, obviously--so I'm still curious to hear from this new moderator.

As I always say, Enquiring minds want to know, you know.

BTW--good to see you back, Rocket!  We've missed you!

Dugly [8D]

Lifelong Audiophile
Guitar Playin' FOOL

The crew:
Ibanez RX20