Username: Password:

Author Topic: It's Interesting  (Read 12636 times)

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2008, 04:22:23 PM »
I don't know much about Stacy, but I have heard of Him a few times.
Its hard to welcome Stacy when I figure he has been here a while.
So I'll just say Hi Stacy.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 04:24:50 PM by magoo99 »

Offline deltacaster

• View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/stacypuckett
It's Interesting
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2008, 04:33:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by YerDugliness

quote:
Originally posted by Rocket

So, deltacaster, how about introducing yourself, or better yet, post a bio on What makes you tick on the General Discussion board--I'm sure we're all going to want to know more about you!

Everybody who's anybody around here knows Stacy!

Sure thing.

First and foremost, I'll dispell the most common misconception.  I'm a DUDE, not a girl.  That should get rid of most interest in who I am here :)  You wouldn't believe the number of emails I get from guys who have sent me their photo's because my name is Stacy.    

I'm customer service for Washburn, going on 3 years now.  Got a pretty good understanding of the product lines, talk to you guys on the phone all day every day, and answer your emails sent through to customer service.  I'm on the frontline, and believe in the product.  Despite the homemade guitars pictured on my myspace page http://www.myspace.com/stacypuckett I still use Washburn electrics and acoustics as well in my own music.

I'll be around keeping an eye on things here, and trying to help where I can.  You want to contact us in a manner more timely than this forum, just send a request through the Washburn website.  We see every one of them and will reply if we can make ANY sense out of the question whatsoever.

Glad to be here, hope to get to know some of you guys better.

Stacy Puckett
Washburn Customer Service

Offline onewilyfool

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2008, 04:33:34 PM »
Why can't we all just get along?, Rodney King, 12:15

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2008, 04:36:36 PM »
Sorry deltacaster... that is definitely Off Topic and you'll need to start a new thread. We do have rules, ya know.
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

All kidding, of course!

Offline skip77

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/canarycreek
It's Interesting
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2008, 04:37:17 PM »
I wasn't planning to post here again but want to say something to Browndog and any Washburn representative about the forum. I have published a number of websites out of my own interest over the years, mostly community service type websites. Some even included a live chat room similar to this forum. I never charged a dime and was happy to provide webspaces where visitors could come without being bombarded by ads and banners and where nothing was asked from them. I paid all fees for domain names and webhosting, bought many software applications along the way, etc, to support the websites. Why is it that we are reminded from time to time that this is a Washburn guitar forum and that discussions too far from the tree or with negative comments about Washburn products are not welcome? Why can't the sponsors of this forum do what little ol me has always done, just create a nice space and let guests say their piece regardless? Wouldn't it be a better statement on behalf of Washburn to allow discussion of any kind so long as it is about guitar playing or products?

I am grateful for all the things I have learned about acoustic guitar here at the WGF. I feel that I have met some new friends and in fact, appreciate all of you. I hope new members will not judge too harshly, the bickering that has taken place. You'd have to be here and walk a mile in all our shoes to really get it and since you can't do that I only ask that you not pass judgement at all. Instead, enjoy the forum and let it go at that. Take care everyone and keep playing those babies!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 04:39:09 PM by skip77 »
guitar challenged

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2008, 04:43:35 PM »
Thanks, deltacaster!

Now, a bit more, what kind of Washburn guits do you play, what kind of music do you like, whereabouts are you located, etc--and welcome back!

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Lifelong Audiophile
Guitar Playin' FOOL
Retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!!

The crew:
Washburn WD32SW and WD32S, WD61SW project guitar
Epiphone AJ-10 (campfire guitar!!)
Yamaha G231-II and G60A Classical guitars
A Hohner classical I left at a vacation home in SW KS.
Epiphone Dot '63 ES335  Repop, Epiphone Les Paul Special (?)
Ibanez RX20
A cheap Circle K banjo I play when feelin' funky
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline deltacaster

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2008, 04:52:05 PM »
quote:

Thanks, deltacaster!

Now, a bit more, what kind of Washburn guits do you play, what kind of music do you like, whereabouts are you located, etc--and welcome back!

Dugly [8D]

I have a J3, HB30TS, WI64TR, T24NM, OG10CETR (Oscar Schmidt) and I'm sure some other bizarre things related with this job (keyboard, violin, ??)  will get more, I'm sure.

Working on more, in in the Chicago area.. ya know.. where Washburn is?  Thanks for the Welcome.

Offline onewilyfool

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2008, 05:06:25 PM »
SKIP....There is an old Indian saying, Walk a mile in another man's moccasins.... which is really neat, because you will be a mile away from the guy, AND you will have his moccasins!!!!!

Deltacaster.....Welcome, may you moderate with the wisdom of Solomon......

Offline KrisH

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2008, 05:34:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SAJay
Oh please, grow up everyone!
You should be embarrassed at your behaviour but instead you are offended by the comparison.

It wasn't a comparison -- it was an actuality.  There are more than guys on the forum.

-- Kristine

Offline KrisH

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2008, 06:00:40 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by deltacaster
First and foremost, I'll dispell the most common misconception.  I'm a DUDE, not a girl.

I understand the problem.  In reverse. [:)]

Hello, Stacy!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 06:01:18 PM by KrisH »

Offline Lunaray

• View Profile
    • http://www.rayspace.com
It's Interesting
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2008, 06:54:47 PM »
quote:
Sure thing.

First and foremost, I'll dispell the most common misconception.  I'm a DUDE, not a girl.  That should get rid of most interest in who I am here :)  You wouldn't believe the number of emails I get from guys who have sent me their photo's because my name is Stacy.    

I'm customer service for Washburn, going on 3 years now.  Got a pretty good understanding of the product lines, talk to you guys on the phone all day every day, and answer your emails sent through to customer service.  I'm on the frontline, and believe in the product.  Despite the homemade guitars pictured on my myspace page http://www.myspace.com/stacypuckett I still use Washburn electrics and acoustics as well in my own music.

I'll be around keeping an eye on things here, and trying to help where I can.  You want to contact us in a manner more timely than this forum, just send a request through the Washburn website.  We see every one of them and will reply if we can make ANY sense out of the question whatsoever.

Glad to be here, hope to get to know some of you guys better.

Stacy Puckett
Washburn Customer Service

So I guess that's why my long stemmed roses were refused?  I was wondering about that.

Ray
www.southforkmtnmusic.com  
Antique Washburn Parlor, Model 5200

Music is best when it's played around a campfire!
Ray

Antique Washburn Parlor, Model 5200

Music is best when it's played around a campfire!

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2008, 09:43:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by luvmyshiner

It's good to see some old friends again.

Now it smells like methane & tractor fumes... who left the gate open?
Scrape those shoes Shiner!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 09:44:01 PM by Rocket »

Offline nogin007

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2008, 09:55:20 PM »
Nodehopper, it's normal, from string tension, for a guitar to have a slight bulge below the bridge, and for the guitar to have a slight dip in the area above the bridge. Don't worry too much about your guitar. And I wouldn't worry too much about receiving bad advice from people here. If someone gives out any bad advice, there will be 2 or 3 to correct them. Just play your guitar, and have fun with it. If you need to know something, just ask, even if you might think it silly. You will get an answer.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 09:56:14 PM by nogin007 »

Offline deltacaster

• View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2008, 10:59:39 PM »
quote:
It just seems to me that if he hasn't cared enough to post on the forum for 6 months, that he might not have much of an investment in the goings-on here, anyway, but like I said, since I'm a relative noob I missed most of what he posted, anyway--it happened well before I joined, obviously--so I'm still curious to hear from this new moderator.

If anyone here thinks I'm not aware of what goes on in this forum because I don't post here often, you should probably consider my occupation :)  I talk about what you talk about on here 40 hours a week, etc.

I am one of a very small group of people who field any concern about any instruments we make.  If there is a trend, I know about it.  I have personally played this parlor guitar, and honestly wanted one PRETTY BADLY, but things being what they are personally, it wasn't in the cards right now.  

To my knowledge, I have not set up a return, or fielded a complaint about a single one to date, honestly.  The specs on them are so true to the originals that some of the parts have even been used to retrofit the original series of guitar they duplicate faithfully.  I have little to no reason to doubt this guitars from what I know of it, or the expert opinion of our senior technician who advised me based on these same photos.  We made sure the bracing was checked, the wood for structure, everything seems fine.  I wish I had this guitar, I'll leave it there I guess.  

I will be checking this forum out more frequently, but really just to help, and keep persoal flaming away if possible.  Not necessarily about differing opinions on guitars, but to make sure everyone here has a enjoyable experience on the forum.  We're here to talk about guitars, mandolins, banjo's, basses, and ultimately about making music with them, which is a beautiful and creative thing.   If you want to flame, buy an electric and join a punk band :) (not that I don't love acoustic punk as well)  We're here to help, and I'm here right now, Im not at work, I love these instruments and I like supporting them.  We would never offer anyone advise that we didn't stand behind, and we remember more of the names and people than you could imagine (model numbers and phone calls fill my dreams dude).  Take issues up with us directly info@washburn.com I believe is the email address.  This isn't the place for it really. We listen.  

Peace

Stacy

« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 12:13:04 AM by deltacaster »

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
It's Interesting
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2008, 11:06:50 PM »
quote:

If anyone here thinks I'm not aware of what goes on in this forum because I don't post here often, you should probably consider my occupation :)  I talk about what you talk about on here 40 hours a week, etc.

I will be checking this forum out more frequently, but really just to help, and keep flaming away if possible.  Not necessarily about differing opinions on guitars, but to make sure everyone here has a enjoyable experience on the forum.  We're here to talk about guitars, mandolins, banjo's, basses, and ultimately about making music with them, which is a beautiful and creative thing.   If you want to flame, buy an electric and join a punk band :) (not that I don't love acoustic punk as well)  We're here to help, and I'm here off the clock, I love these instruments and supporting them.  We would never offer anyone advise that we didn't stand behind, and we remember more of the names and people than you could imagine (model numbers fill my dreams dude).  Take issues up with us directly info@washburn.com I believe is the email address.  This isn't the place for it really. We listen.  

Peace

Stacy

It's good to get to know more about you, deltacaster, but as one who sat back and didn't join in the flaming, but watched as the forum deteriorated to the point that it was difficult to get new members to stay, I'm hoping you can understand my specticism regarding the investment you might or might not have had in the forum.

Knowing you are a Washburn employee, I have no doubt about your loyalty, it is as it should be for Washburn.  My concern as a member of this online community, who feels as if he has lost a number of friends (or at least lost contact with them) as a result of the grief that has been passed around on the forum lately, was simply to question how much the new moderator cared about the forum and the individuals who made up this community.  Surely you can understand that if a new moderator was appointed who hadn't posted a single post since last August, regardless of the number of posts he had posted, it might not be exactly indicative of having the interest of the forum at hand.

However, I have high hopes.  Those who left will return or they won't, it doesn't make much difference to me, I know where most of them went and I even post there on occasion, but as a noob here who has, IMHO, established my agenda, which is to engage in discussions related to this artistic endeavor in which we have all engaged, I feel that we will have to wait and see.  There is a place for spirited discussion, again IMHO, but at some point there also has to be a way to get people to ...give it up and move on.

Best of wishes to you, deltacaster, and here's hopes we'll be seeing lots more of you around the forum.  I notice BrownDog has been posting more recently than I've noticed in the recent past.  In fact, I emailed BrownDog with a question on a totally unrelated topic and didn't get a reply, perhaps I'll see if I can get an answer going through you.

Dugly [8D]
YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Lifelong Audiophile
Guitar Playin' FOOL
Retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!!

The crew:
Washburn WD32SW and WD32S, WD61SW project guitar
Epiphone AJ-10 (campfire guitar!!)
Yamaha G231-II and G60A Classical guitars
A Hohner classical I left at a vacation home in SW KS.
Epiphone Dot '63 ES335  Repop, Epiphone Les Paul Special (?)
Ibanez RX20
A cheap Circle K banjo I play when feelin' funky
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:19:02 PM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC