Username: Password:

Author Topic: M6SW ship date?  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Jules

• View Profile
    • http://www.richmondsongwriterseries.com/
M6SW ship date?
« on: April 19, 2003, 08:35:55 PM »
I'm curious if anyone knows when the new M6SW mandolins are going to ship. I ordered mine from ProAudioMusic.com (great customer service and price by the way) at the end of February and was told it would ship directly from the factory.

I love my M1S/TS but I'm getting anxious for the new purchase...

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline pjustinm

• View Profile
M6SW ship date?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 03:11:49 PM »
hey Jules,

I've got a M6SW on order as well.  It's been on order since late january at which point the shop I'm trading with said it would be 6 weeks (meaning early March).  6 weeks came and went and I was told it would be 'in stock' at Washburn May 1st at which point it would take a few days to ship to the shop I've got a trade with.  So in a week here I'm anxiously hoping to hear something positive.  I'm not sure if we'll be part of the same shipment but it sure seems so.  I was curious if you've actually played one of these instruments or know anyone that has.  I'm using a large credit at a music store to purchase it blindly.  It simply looked to be the nicest mandolin I could get for the credit amount.  Good luck with your purchase.  Paul

Offline Jules

• View Profile
M6SW ship date?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 03:04:26 PM »
Hi Paul:

The Jethro Burns model I played (and loved) was from 1992 but the shop wanted $699 used and to tell you the truth, even though it played great and I loved the sound, it wasn't in that great of condition. After doing some research, I found out ProAudioMusic.com had them new for around $885...I just didn't realize the wait would be so long. I guess the latest word is a shipment in late May and a shipment in late June will cover all outstanding orders.

I'd love to hear your thoughts once you get yours.

Thanks for the response!

Offline Jules

• View Profile
M6SW ship date?
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 05:13:02 PM »
Just got the M6SW about an hour ago. I really love the finish color...I was hoping for more browns and less yellows and that seems to be the case. It's a beautiful instrument.

So far, the only complaint is the intonation seems off as I move up the neck on the G string.

I'd love to hear impressions from other owners.

Offline TC

• View Profile
M6SW ship date?
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 04:38:38 PM »
Hey Jules, can you give us an update on this? How do you find your M6SW? Some have suggested that they are pretty mellow and quiet, but pure sound. Is this what you've found?

Thanks, Tom.

quote:
Originally posted by Jules

Just got the M6SW about an hour ago. I really love the finish color...I was hoping for more browns and less yellows and that seems to be the case. It's a beautiful instrument.

So far, the only complaint is the intonation seems off as I move up the neck on the G string.

I'd love to hear impressions from other owners.

Offline Jules

• View Profile
M6SW ship date?
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2003, 07:48:37 PM »
Tom: It is quieter than some of the high-dollar instruments I've played: a Gibson F-9, a Gibson Sam Bush and a Summit model. The 2003 Jethro Burns is on par with the 1992 I played, however, and that's what I was going for sound-wise. I really liked that 1992 model but thought the $750 price tag was too much.

I found mine at ProAudioMusic.com but it was quite a wait. I ordered mine in February and didn't get it until June.

Hope this helps!

Jules
« Last Edit: July 06, 2003, 07:50:16 PM by Jules »