Username: Password:

Author Topic: Restoring wiring of MG-70  (Read 1309 times)

Offline toastkid

• View Profile
Restoring wiring of MG-70
« on: April 28, 2008, 02:36:47 PM »
Help!

I have an MG-70 in lovely condition apart from the fact that some idiot has tampered with the wiring. The small switch low down on the scratch plate has been removed and I need to replace it.

I don't know what the switch is supposed to do or how it should be wired in. Does anybody know?

A wiring diagram would be great.

Thanks

Offline david1234555

• View Profile
Restoring wiring of MG-70
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 04:14:09 PM »
i have an mg-70, it a beautiful guitar. I had to change the volume pot on mine because it was crackling and i know that theres the push pull tone control but if its just the switch you're looking to wire then this diagram should do.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=HSS_1v_1t_5w

theres more diagrams on seymour duncans websites. I hope this helps.

Offline pawleep

• View Profile
Re: Restoring wiring of MG-70
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 08:19:20 PM »
i saw the duncan schematics before, none of them look like the push pull MG-70 i am trying to make sure is wired right..
all the pups sound fine except for the bridge humbucker. is putting out very weak sound, no matter where i have the volume, tone or push pull.  The black and white wires from bridge humbucker are both soldered together and to middle lug of DPDT
any help appreciated..
this guitar was inherited from a family member that died suddenly and it was his first electric guitar.
am trying to get it back to as close to original as possible.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:33:53 PM by pawleep »