Username: Password:

Author Topic: Well, just pulled the trigger on a Kentucky 380s,  (Read 2295 times)

Offline TNFrank

• View Profile
Well, just pulled the trigger on a Kentucky 380s,
« on: June 23, 2008, 09:21:38 AM »
After much reading and study I finally went with the Kentucky 380s.  From the way they say it's built it'll hold it's own with most F-Style mandos and it's all solid wood. This should last me for a couple years until I can save up for a higher end F-Style. I'll let ya'll know how it looks and plays when I get it in. If it's up to snuff then I'll put my Epi MM-30 out for sale.  Anyway, talk to ya'll later.
“You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.” -Dillis D. Freeman Jr. 11/2/2001

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:50:48 AM »
Congrats, hope its what you what.

Offline TNFrank

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 10:54:57 AM »
Me too. At least MF has a 45 day, no questions ask return policy so if it's not right or not quite what I wanted I can send it back. It's their high end modle in the 300 serise so it should be a good one. It's suppose to have F style bracing inside and be pretty much built like an F style so it should sound pretty good.
“You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.” -Dillis D. Freeman Jr. 11/2/2001

Offline svgustin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 05:00:41 AM »
you'll need to post a photo or two....comfy couch is preferable, but us bluegrass types will settle for an old stool.
congrats man, nothing like getting a new instrument....nothing.
Cheers
Scott

Washburn WD54SW
Washburn M-ISDL Mandolin
Gold Tone(PBSM)Resonator

Offline TNFrank

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »
I called MF to see if it was going to be the new style with the Sshaped fretboard end or the old style with the Florida shapped style.  They told me it'd be the old style, oh well, I really wanted the new style but you get what you get. I just hope the finish and everything is up to par.  Everyone cross their fingers for me and I'll post a pic or two when it gets here. Thanks.

Offline gregjones

• Perpetual Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 01:12:01 PM »
The cure for a Florida extension:

[:D]

A letter typed on a  keyboard is a note stolen from a fretboard.
If it's got tuners, tits, or tires----it's gonna cost you.

"There are no wrong notes, only advanced harmonies." - Frank Zappa