Username: Password:

Author Topic: When's the last time...  (Read 12294 times)

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 06:11:39 PM »
Well written Rocket, I have seen these questions asked here many times and never seen a answer yet,.
at least Ryan is trying...but I would love to know if there are any M116SW mandolins made. I have not heard a single word about one and would love to try one or even read some reviews.
 was waiting for a review from Mike but I guess thats not coming now.
Cheers
Magoo.

Offline wrmurphy

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 11:21:20 PM »
Rocket, it looks like you'll never get an answer to your question if Washburn feels that the proper way to answer your question is pull himself out of the discussion. I can't believe it! The company alienates enough people with its lack of customer relations, but to stand mute on a simple question like you asked is ridiculous.
I thought the question you asked and the point you were trying to make were perfectly clear.

Murph

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 11:30:22 PM »
Washburn has paid a heavy price for deceptive practices in the past to the tune of a 1-million dollar fine and millions more dollars in lost business revenue that took years, (and a US Music buyout,) to recover from. Why they so incessantly feel the need to be so secretive to their own fan base is way beyond me.

Offline nogin007

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 08:11:08 AM »
The guitars are out there, i've seen and played most of these here at the factory

So, how many trips do you make to China, Indonesia, or Korea, a year. All there is in the USA is a warehouse. The custom shop in Chicago, as I've heard, is only building electrics. And probably few of those.

Offline ryanoryan

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 09:49:37 AM »
I'm back, gents  

I didn't follow up yesterday because my computer at home recently blew up.

I do understand your frustration in finding these guitars in stores. The answers I supplied above are a big piece of the situation.  We've shipped these instruments throughout the year. Some caught on,  some didn't, ect.  

the cool thing about our forum here, i think, is that we at Washburn monitor it on a daily basis, and your voices are heard.  It acts as a barometer to our fans and customers.  Will the right person read this? Probably.  Can we make a difference?  We can certainly try.  
If we could, we'd take over the world.  We would like nothing more then to have our guitars in abundence in every store across the country.  They're great instruments and they deserve to be everywhere.

Oh- and Washburn became US Music.  We didn't feel it'd be right to offer Randall By Washburn,  or Eden By Washburn.
Play guitar everyday!

Offline ryanoryan

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 09:59:15 AM »
Oh, and i almost forgot!

Is Washburn still making guitars or not?

We currently make custom shop electrics, Idols, and artist signature series here in the factory.  We also make Parker here in abundence.

Are they all now imports or is the custom shop still making the USA models?

All acoustics are currently imports.  We don't have the space right now in this facility for large-scale acoustic manufacture

Are Timbercrafts still being made?

Timbercrafts are made, yes.  They're very popular in Chicago-land,  and the east coast.

Where are the NEW models that have been advertised since Jan2007?

All have shipped for '08 as far as i can tell.  Some caught on, some didn't set the world on fire, ect.

What happened to all the dealers?

The east coast is saturated,  the midwest is solid.  The southeast is a little empty, i agree.  Its a tougher market down there,  they've practically been frozen since hurricane season began (for obvious reasons)  The internet make up a large percentege, as is the case in this day and age. I'd love to see guitars in more stores, hopefully when our current economic times turn over we'll all be back on track.  

I have friends who work for other guitar manufacturers,  and its unfortunatley the same story for everyone.  2008 has been a bumpy ride.  Thing'll turn around, though.  They always do!

Play guitar everyday!

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 11:45:27 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ryanoryan

We've shipped these instruments throughout the year. Some caught on,  some didn't, ect.  

Thanks so much for carrying through on this, Ryan.

May I ask about a specific model?

From the interest displayed on this forum, I would think that U.S. Music would be attempting to move heaven and earth to get that new D64SW Bluegrass into the stores, they ought to sell like hotcakes, yet I haven't found one anywhere yet.

What can you tell us about the plans this specific model?  I understand you received a shipment that was not up to your specs, has U.S. Music abandoned this model or are we to believe that there will be some in the outlets in the future, and if so, perhaps you can give us some idea of a time frame?

TIA for whatever info you can provide.

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Lifelong Audiophile
Guitar Playin' FOOL
Retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!!

The crew:
Washburns: WD32S, WD32SW, and D61SW
Epiphones: AJ-10 (campfire guitar!!), Masterbilt AJ500RC on order, a Dot '63 ES335 repop, and an LP Special edition
Yamaha Classical guitars: G231-II and G60A
Hippner #506 concert grade classical (arrived damaged, repairs arranged)
Takamine 2005 LTD Edition
Breedlove custom shop Deluxe Build Revival 000 slot-headed 12-fretter
A Hohner classical I left at a vacation home in SW KS.
Ibanez RX20

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 11:46:10 AM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
When's the last time...
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 12:47:45 PM »
Hey Guys,

Nick here.  I'm the Washburn Product Manager.  Let me see if i can help clear some things up.  

Yes, we are still making guitars.  I have alot of stock in acoustic import guitars (including new models) as well as electrics and we are steadily increasing our USA electric production.

Regarding the D64SW, yes we have them.  I am trying to find out from our sales team if they can tell me which dealers have this guitar.  While your waiting for me to get back to you, tell your local dealer they need to have that model in stock.  

Regarding C124SW and C124SWCE, we have not been very successful with this model.  I'm planning on killing it.  I have a few left of the C124SWCE but i don't plan on ordering more.

We have been trying to open new dealers in areas that are thin.  Please be patient.

M116SW is in stock.  I have not seen very many ship.  Tell your local dealer they need to have them in stock.  It's a beautiful mando.

If you have any unanswered questions, please let me know.  I'll do my best to get you an answer.

thanks,
Nick

Offline kewltunes

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 12:59:37 PM »
Hi Ryan, thanks also for attempting to answer our questions. I am curious if there is someplace to get a list of specific Washburn dealers that are in the area where we are? I'm on the central coast of California for instance, is there anyplace I can go and try a Washburn around here?
Kewltunes & My Close Personal Friends,
Washburn EA20
Washburn EA20-12
Washburn EA18
Washburn W200
Washburn X10
Ovation CSD225 {double neck 6+12 a/e}
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 01:10:19 PM »
Thanks Ryan for giving us some answers, Thanks Nick for the word on the M116SW I will get after my washburn dealer again. the darn thing looks so nice I would love to try it.
Cheers
Magoo.

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 01:12:28 PM »
Check out the dealer locator on the website.
http://www.washburn.com/dealers/index.aspx

thanks,
Nick

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 01:13:50 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by WB-Nick

Nick here.  I'm the Washburn Product Manager.  Let me see if i can help clear some things up.

Welcome, Nick--I didn't notice the most recent changing of the guard, thought ryanoryan was still one of the moderators, but now I see it is you and deltacaster.

Good to have someone notice our frustration regarding the availability of Washburn's....it's an ongoing problem for us here....please keep in mind we're here b/c we're Washburn fans, not to cause trouble.

You might want to PM one of our new members who recently posted his frustrations regarding the availability of one of your WD18SW's.  I'll try to find the thread and post it as an edit.  

{edit--here is the thread:}    http://www.washburn.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13794

Please keep in touch, and once again, welcome.

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Lifelong Audiophile
Guitar Playin' FOOL
Retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!!

The crew:
Washburns: WD32S, WD32SW, and D61SW
Epiphones: AJ-10 (campfire guitar!!), Masterbilt AJ500RC on order, a Dot '63 ES335 repop, and an LP Special edition
Yamaha Classical guitars: G231-II and G60A
Hippner #506 concert grade classical (arrived damaged, repairs arranged)
Takamine 2005 LTD Edition
Breedlove custom shop Deluxe Build Revival 000 slot-headed 12-fretter
A Hohner classical I left at a vacation home in SW KS.
Ibanez RX20

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 01:16:15 PM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 01:23:58 PM »
Thanks Yerdugliness,

I understand your frustration and i don't see it as causing trouble.  I'd appreciate it if you could find the thread.  I'll keep in touch as much as possible.  They keep me pretty busy here.
The D64SW Bluegrass is a fantastic guitar.  Did you ask your local dealer about it?  What did they say?  I've had them for a while now.

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 01:31:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by WB-Nick

The D64SW Bluegrass is a fantastic guitar.  Did you ask your local dealer about it?  What did they say?  I've had them for a while now.

Bull!
There were a select few released some months ago that looked nothing like what has been advertised on Washburn's website... they resembled a Timbercraft.
I have personally contacted every online dealer that said they were selling The Bluegrass and NONE had yet to even see one. I challenge you to put me in touch with any dealer that has one AS ADVERTISED on Washburn's website.

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 02:14:22 PM »
Hey Rocket,
I'm not trying to BS anyone.  The first shipment came in wrong, that's true.  Factory mistake.  We weren't happy about it either.  We still have them.
However, I just called over to the warehouse and they also have the corrected version that matches the catalog.  They've been here for months.
Also, I just spoke to the Sales Rep for Flordia and he said he can't get any dealers to take them because of the price point.  If you let me know who your local WB dealer is, he will call and see if he can sell them one.