Username: Password:

Author Topic: When's the last time...  (Read 13042 times)

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
When's the last time...
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 02:21:57 PM »
By the way,
The only difference between the wrong D64SWK and the correct D64SW is the headstock and bridge shape.  The wrong one has the Crown headstock and Butterfly bridge but all the other specs are correct.

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 02:28:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by WB-Nick

If you let me know who your local WB dealer is, he will call and see if he can sell them one.

I made this point earlier... there are NO Washburn dealers left in Florida that I can tell. The ones we had here stopped carrying Washburn because they could never get any new stock... just lip service about the slow boat, etc.
Don't YOU know who the dealers are?
Didn't you recommend to one poster to, Check out the dealer locator on the website?
I checked it... it's inaccurate and out of date. Maybe someone should update it so prospective customers can actually find a local dealer.

Maybe I'm only speaking for myself but The Bluegrass will remain a phantom until I can touch one!

Offline donny341

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 03:00:01 PM »
quote:

Regarding C124SW and C124SWCE, we have not been very successful with this model.  I'm planning on killing it.  I have a few left of the C124SWCE but i don't plan on ordering more.

Nick, since you are planning to stop production of this guitar, How can I get one?  C124SWCE is the one I am looking at getting. Since you can't seem to sell them, maybe you have a discontinued discounted price? I am in the SW...Arizona, and my local Sam Ash has some of last year's models in stock. He did a store search for the WD18SW for me, as I was trying to help We2Texans (June is her name) find one. He had one in Indiana, and three in different store locations in California. I hope June contacted one of them and was successful.

Edit) BTW Nick, I have never seen the C124SW or C124SWCE in the list of guitars at this site. If people don't know it exists, it's kind hard to sell them.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 03:37:13 PM by donny341 »
Donny

Some Guitars
9 Tweed Straps
72 gold strap buttons with screws
10 Buffalo horn picks
Multitude of various plastic picks
Broken fingernails when used for fingerpicking
Wrist wraps for those arthuritis fretting moments
Preperation H for those long sitting hours playing guitar
42 various sets of strings
Lizard Spit Guitar Polish
3 polish cloths
Pro winder/cutter
2 plastic winders
Steel and nylon string clippings (I should clean up a bit)
4 wall mount hooks
One bile slice remover tool (for Dreadman)
ton of yuks and smiley faces here
One set beatles albums on Apple label
Various Beatles and Wings 45's
Two Turtle Doves
A Partridge in a Pear Tree

Life is what happens while your busy making other plans

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 03:44:36 PM »
Rocket,
I'm trying to help.  I just sent an email to Sales about the dealer locator.  We'll look into it.  We do have dealers in Florida and yes i know who they are.  I was trying to find out if you had a local dealer that you would like to deal with.  If not, it would help to know your general area so i can tell you who to go to.  We've alread spoken to one dealer in Florida who says he would bring one in for you but i don't know how close you are to him.

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 03:54:00 PM »
donny341,
The C124SW is shown on the website in the Acoustic section, upper right corner.  Sadly, there is no prodcut info.
Go to your local dealer and ask them to order the C124SWCE.

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 06:08:55 PM »
I hope people are getting the answers they are looking for and I really hope they get to try the guitars they want.

I think that it great that we are talking guitars here again. even if its about the ones we are not seeing.  Its also Nice to see someone from washburn take time to keep post responses to members questions.....Cheers to Nick for this.

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 06:19:22 PM »
We sure seem to be racing thru moderators to get there though.

Somebody at Washburn grab a digital video camera, find someone(?) there who can play a guitar, take some live video of those The Bluegrass models in action, and post them up here on the forum. Don't forget to turn the mic on so we can hear it.

Offline donny341

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 07:29:22 PM »
quote:

The C124SW is shown on the website in the Acoustic section, upper right corner.  Sadly, there is no prodcut info.

Yes Nick, I see the page of photo icons of each guitar and the C124 is among them. As you said, no product info, in fact it says info coming soon. So as I said, you cannot sell a product without advertizing it. But what I was refering to is the drop down list of guitars, starting at the top with the C40/C80 models and running through the electrics and basses, etc. It is not listed there.

I called my Sam Ash dealer. He does not have the C124SWCE even on his list to order. He does have the C124SW, but not in store. He attemted to call whoever it is he calls for ordering and they were (central time) closed. He will try again Friday, since tomorrow is his day off (I could deal with another salesman, but I always talk with Greer, a long time guitar aquaintance from a previous local store).

My question is this...why would you discontinue such a good product when the reason it didn't sell is lack of advertising and in-store availability? Classical models seem to be hitting a good stride, evidence Ebay. I have several close friends who have been in music for a long time, and half or more of them love classical guitars. To have a product such as yours...and I am waiting to learn the price...that could potentially beat the pants off many high end classical guitars out there at a better price and not put it out there to sell is, well, criminal...don't you think? I suggest keeping it another year, but this time put it out there, in stores, in ads. Both versions would do well.
Donny

Some Guitars
9 Tweed Straps
72 gold strap buttons with screws
10 Buffalo horn picks
Multitude of various plastic picks
Broken fingernails when used for fingerpicking
Wrist wraps for those arthuritis fretting moments
Preperation H for those long sitting hours playing guitar
42 various sets of strings
Lizard Spit Guitar Polish
3 polish cloths
Pro winder/cutter
2 plastic winders
Steel and nylon string clippings (I should clean up a bit)
4 wall mount hooks
One bile slice remover tool (for Dreadman)
ton of yuks and smiley faces here
One set beatles albums on Apple label
Various Beatles and Wings 45's
Two Turtle Doves
A Partridge in a Pear Tree

Life is what happens while your busy making other plans

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 08:08:01 PM »
Is US Music trying to fail Washburn?

I know that sounds ludicrous to most people but sometimes, in business, failing is the only financially redeemable option left for a severely faltering company.
Some of the corp decisions in the last 2-years seem very screwy, (to me, anyway,) and seem aimed at shooting one's self in the foot.

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 08:55:15 PM »
quote:

Thanks Yerdugliness,
I'd appreciate it if you could find the thread.

Here you go, Nick:

http://www.washburn.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13794

They seemed pretty desperate, I'm sure they would appreciate hearing from you.  I'll post a link to this thread on theirs, too, so that they know there is hope.

BTW, I tried to PM you the link, but there is no contact information provided in your profile.  It is very handy to have a contact link there for moderators (I recently PM'ed a moderator about a particularly offensive post from a new member, it seemed to have slipped past their attention for some reason, Ryan fixed the problem by deleting the offensive post and banning the member, thank goodness!).  Would you consider revising your profile to list some contact information, please?

Thanks!

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Lifelong Audiophile
Guitar Playin' FOOL
Retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!!

The crew:
Washburns: WD32S, WD32SW, and D61SW
Epiphones: AJ-10 (campfire guitar!!), Masterbilt AJ500RC on order, a Dot '63 ES335 repop, and an LP Special edition
Yamaha Classical guitars: G231-II and G60A
Hippner #506 concert grade classical (arrived damaged, repairs arranged)
Takamine 2005 LTD Edition
Breedlove custom shop Deluxe Build Revival 000 slot-headed 12-fretter
A Hohner classical I left at a vacation home in SW KS.
Ibanez RX20

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 08:59:28 PM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline onewilyfool

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 10:55:40 PM »
Nick....wow...you think it would be easier to change the Web pic? Anyway, Dugly are you still on the line? Didn't you try to get the custom shop at Washburn to make you a guitar with a 1 7/8 nut width and they refused to do it? This doesn't really seem that custom to me.....anyone on the forum ordered a custom Washburn? What was your experience?????

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2008, 12:05:42 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by onewilyfool

Nick....wow...you think it would be easier to change the Web pic? Anyway, Dugly are you still on the line? Didn't you try to get the custom shop at Washburn to make you a guitar with a 1 7/8 nut width and they refused to do it? This doesn't really seem that custom to me.....anyone on the forum ordered a custom Washburn? What was your experience?????

Yeah, Wily, I did.   I wanted a WD84SW, but b/c of my history with classical guitars I wanted it made with a 1 7/8 nut.  I also asked for Washburn to allow me to furnish them with the material for the nut and saddle (it was Bob Colosi's West African Hard Ivory) and to delete the pick guard.  About the only one that seemed to be asking for much at all was the request for a different size nut/neck width.

It didn't go that way at all....my dealer got hold of his Washburn rep and told then what I wanted, they said no.  I contacted Browndog and he interceded on my behalf, wrote back and suggested I have my Washburn dealer contact his factory rep again, indicating there would be a different answer for me.  Well, it was a bit different--they would gladly delete the pickguard for me and would even ship it to me in the package with the guitar, but if they were to allow me to provide the materials for the nut and saddle they would void the factory warranty, and as for my request that they create a WD84SW with a 1 7/8 nut (and, keep in mind the luthier reportedly WANTED to do this for me), the quote went something to the effect of:  Sure, we could paint it green, too, but that doesn't mean we would do that, any more than we would make it with a 1 7/8 nut width.

That was the deal breaker for me....I ended up spending tripple for my Breedlove Custom shop guitar, got what I wanted, and have absolutely NO regrets.

Sad story, but true.......[:(].  Washburn had the power to make it happen and just didn't want to do it.  My appreciation to Mike Beatty for attempting to intervene for me, but somebody higher up the food chain than he was refused to sprinkle holy water on the project.......shame on Washburn for that [:(!] !!!

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Lifelong Audiophile
Guitar Playin' FOOL
Retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!!

The crew:
Washburns: WD32S, WD32SW, and D61SW
Epiphones: AJ-10 (campfire guitar!!), Masterbilt AJ500RC on order, a Dot '63 ES335 repop, and an LP Special edition
Yamaha Classical guitars: G231-II and G60A
Hippner #506 concert grade classical (arrived damaged, repairs arranged)
Takamine 2005 LTD Edition
Breedlove custom shop Deluxe Build Revival 000 slot-headed 12-fretter
A Hohner classical I left at a vacation home in SW KS.
Ibanez RX20

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 02:02:20 AM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Quinn Spalpeen

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2008, 08:30:57 AM »
Dugly,

And I thought my experience with them was bad. If I'd had gotten a paint it green answer,, well I'm at a loss. I don't know what I would have done. But I am quite sure I wouldn't own a Washburn right now. If I were running any business and one of my employees gave any potential customer a response like that, they would certainly be seeking a new job. I do not suffer rudeness gladly whether it's directed to me personally or not.

Whenever you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however  improbable, must be the Truth .... Sherlock Holmes

WD114S
WASHBURN J4 Hollowbody
Scott Cao STV-950 (Hellier model)
Eastman Master Model 905 (Stradivari model)
Fender FV-3

Nothing under the sun is new Watson. .... Sherlock Holmes

Washburn F10S (From Funky Munky, no G.C. stuff for me.)
Martin 00-15
Martin 000-28
Trinity College Bouzouki
Raul Emiliani Model 928 (Stradivari model)
Scott Cao STV-950 (Hellier model)
Eastman Master Model 905 (Stradivari model)
Roland F-110

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2008, 09:59:41 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rocket
Somebody at Washburn grab a digital video camera, find someone(?) there who can play a guitar, take some live video of those The Bluegrass models in action, and post them up here on the forum. Don't forget to turn the mic on so we can hear it.

Rocket,
I'll see if we can do this.

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2008, 10:03:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by donny341
My question is this...why would you discontinue such a good product when the reason it didn't sell is lack of advertising and in-store availability? Classical models seem to be hitting a good stride, evidence Ebay. I have several close friends who have been in music for a long time, and half or more of them love classical guitars. To have a product such as yours...and I am waiting to learn the price...that could potentially beat the pants off many high end classical guitars out there at a better price and not put it out there to sell is, well, criminal...don't you think? I suggest keeping it another year, but this time put it out there, in stores, in ads. Both versions would do well.

I will consider your comments.  Thanks for your passion.