Username: Password:

Author Topic: Where do you guys live and what do you do?  (Read 15683 times)

Offline stevedimebag

• View Profile
Where do you guys live and what do you do?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 06:00:16 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Cornish Boy

Hi steve and welcome to our bit, no need to ask your taste in guitars, pretty obvious. Just seems like the holy grail of the two major groups are
A Dime Stealth USA
B Padauk Body 1993 N4
That's why I like the older models, at least mine turn up on UK ebay sometimes.

My taste is very wide,[:D] I got the dime when I was 16 and the X81 & 50 were actually a money making project. (bought to sell in uk at higher price).
I would love to have a bigger collection but cant justify spending 500+ everytime I want a new plaything. I'll make do with what I got.
I currently just jam away on a fender strat[:0] so maybe my taste aint that obvious.[;)][8D]

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 06:33:37 AM »
Nice one Steve, it's good to know you ain't just tied to a certain series. I'll give any guitar a fair trial, had a lot of different models over the years by all sorts of BIG names and smaller companies. At the end of the day I found the earlier Washburns especially the KC90 gave me everything the others had to offer at a reasonable price. I don't play out any more, but if I did I sure wouldn't take a Dime or N4 to a Pub gig round here, they tend to get a bit Rowdy sometimes e.g Some Turnip Po-going through our line up and falling into the drummer, knocking things over as he progressed. Yeah right.
Anyway good to have your company.

As an afterthought, Washburn market a suitable guitar for Rowdy occasions The Murder Weapon
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 06:51:23 AM by Cornish Boy »

Offline stevedimebag

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 04:37:45 AM »
[:D]lol. I have a cheapo BC Rich warlock for those occasions![;)]

Offline Barry12string

• View Profile
    • http://www.Barry12string.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2009, 10:11:16 AM »
Hello all. Im a newby here.

Name. Barry

Location. Bristol, England

Age. 52

Im a 12 string fanatic. I own a Washburn D46SCE12 which to my mind, is 'The Daddy'. an EKO 12 string, (first 12string I ever owned and cant bare to part with it). A Fender small bodied 12 string, A Taylor 355ce 12string, a Tanglewood 6 string. All electro acoustics. I also own a Gordon Smith solid 6 string that Ive had for about 30 years. Im no guitar expert but I knows what I likes. All my babies were bought from new, The Washburn is my main guitar mainly because I spent a lot of money getting it perfect for my kind of playing, finger-picky stuff using medium guage string, so once the Piezo was replaced with a K&K passive system, and the saddle replaced with a multi-compensated number I made myself, It now plays and sounds Fantastic.
So now you know what Im all about. 12, 12 and more 12 ;)

B12S
Barry12string

You Die if you Worry, You Die if you dont, So F**k em!!

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2009, 11:14:16 AM »
Hi Barry and welcome to our bit.
It's good to have a mainly acoustic guy in our midst, most of the boys are six string hooligans including myself. I've just sold my twelve string Takamine as I couldn't bear to see it just sitting there day after day. Just couldn't justify keeping it. Also glad to hear you're a Gordon Smith fan, great guitars, i've got a G1 and a old G2 that i'm just putting back together after years of abuse, and i'm positive even with all the bangs and falls it has taken over the years, when I plug it back in for the first time it will sound great.

Offline N4ESA_UK

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2009, 03:40:24 AM »
Hello Barry, welcome to the forum!  

Glad to hear that youre a Gordon Smith Fan too, theres quite a few of us gathering on here now....must be the quality taste in fine instruments!!  Ive got a GS2 thats about 5 years old and i used to have a lovely matt-black GS1, but I P/Xd it to get a better bass amp.  BIG Mistake.  Im also partial to 12 strings although I dont have one anymore.  I had a Sigma dreadnought 12 string and also a Jasmine 12 String.  If I get another one I would like to have a washy festival series.  

Oh, and Im also one of these hooligans cornish boy mentioned as I love to thrash my N4!  

N4ESA
Gordon Smith GS2
80's Korean Strat
Warwick Streamer LXBN 5 string
Warwick Streamer 4 string
Antoria Star Bass
if you cant afford it, build it