Username: Password:

Author Topic: Greetings from London  (Read 2083 times)

Offline BoulevardBandit

• View Profile
Greetings from London
« on: October 29, 2008, 12:18:14 PM »
Hi guys

Nice to see a UK section. Let's hope we start getting full access to all the Washburn products, including hard cases on the import models. HB35 in USA = Hard Case, HB35 in UK = Gig Bag, what's all that about?

Here's a couple of picy's of my latest Washburns. I used to have a Nick Catanese Wi66Pro and an X40 but sold them as I tend to play more blues and classic rock than metal.

Spalted Maple Wi66Pro

HB35N

Regards

Paul - London, UK

Washburn HB35N
Washburn Wi66ProSP
Fender Lite Ash Stratocaster
Fender 600 Champ
Ashdown FA 60w 2x12 Combo

Offline arykala

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/adamrykalaguitar
Greetings from London
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:32:49 PM »
Croeso (Welcome) from sunny Wales (ok, snowy cold drizzly Wales)!

--

Washburn HM-24V (proto) / KC 90v /  MG 74/ MG 800 / Fernandes Revolver Pro w\\Sustainer / Chimera (coming soon)

Schecter A7V+

Coming soon - the Chimaera
--

Washburn HM-24V (proto) / KC 90v x3 (Red, Translucent Gold, Translucent Pearl)/ MG 74/ MG 800 / Fernandes Revolver Pro w\\Sustainer / Ibanez 540 Radius (91 HSS) / Ibanez RGT42 BP / No Name LP Copy / LTD MH250 / Relic Strat / Artcore AG85 / Chimera (coming soon)

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Greetings from London
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 12:52:01 PM »
Hi Bandit and welcome, like the spalted maple top, I spotted an X50 with a spalted top but the grain pattern wasn't as nice as your 66 pro. The finish on the HB35 ain't so shabby either, how does the 66 sound through the Fender amp? I'm down in Cornwall so gotta travel some distance to find and try ANY Washburn but it's worth it when you can try a guitar through a couple of set ups before laying out dosh. My trusty old Peavy Bandit still makes me sound good but just might treat myself to a different amp for christmas, so been considering taking a guitar with me and trying a Fender amp or also heard the Roland Cube works wonders. Just sent message to Santa to see what he plugs into apart from Mrs Claus.

I Roll With The Eighties And Rock With The Washburns

Offline BoulevardBandit

• View Profile
Greetings from London
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 04:13:15 PM »
Hi Cornish Boy,

For home practice it sounds great, I plug straight in or via my POD, either way there are some really great tones available.

I can get that Clapton woman tone with my Strat or a Gary Moore crunch with the 66Pro. My HB35 offers something different as it can be nice and clean or very dirty. Plus I think the Champ looks really cool.

Check out Harmoney Central for some reviews.

Also, do a search on YouTube, there are a number on there, both in standard trim or modified.

I paid $100 new at PMT in Southend and I would definitely buy another if some toe-rag broke in and nicked it.

I have an Ashdown Fallen Angel 60w, 2x12 combo which I use at the rehearsal rooms, even though it sounds OK, it doesn't have the quality of the little Fender Champ. I suppose I need to write to Santa to see if I can get a Fender Blues Deluxe.

Just dreaming!! [:p]

Offline BoulevardBandit

• View Profile
Greetings from London
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 04:15:53 PM »
I mean Harmony Central,  Doh!!!