Username: Password:

Author Topic: Newbie with question  (Read 1399 times)

Offline drayke

• View Profile
Newbie with question
« on: November 02, 2008, 10:45:31 AM »
Hi all,

Just been given a Washburn G - VI guitar
its made in USA serial 7061042

can anyone tell me anything about it, as I have searched the net and come up with nothing??

Cheers in advance

Offline arykala

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/adamrykalaguitar
Newbie with question
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 12:20:22 PM »
Got any pics?

--

Washburn HM-24V (proto) / KC 90v /  MG 74/ MG 800 / Fernandes Revolver Pro w\\Sustainer / Chimera (coming soon)

Schecter A7V+

Coming soon - the Chimaera
--

Washburn HM-24V (proto) / KC 90v x3 (Red, Translucent Gold, Translucent Pearl)/ MG 74/ MG 800 / Fernandes Revolver Pro w\\Sustainer / Ibanez 540 Radius (91 HSS) / Ibanez RGT42 BP / No Name LP Copy / LTD MH250 / Relic Strat / Artcore AG85 / Chimera (coming soon)

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Newbie with question
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 05:38:43 AM »
Hi drayke and welcome to the UK sector.
I've got a couple of the G series and pretty sure that yours is a 1987 and made in Japan (Ignore the neckplate) it doesn't say Made In USA, it just gives you Washburn Buffalo Grove Il 60089 USA. This is the plate Washburn used on this series and some others from that era. A picture would be nice, most of the guys use Photobucket it's free and pretty easy to use. The G series had quite a few variations, that went from the G junior on up through the numbers G-1 G-2 etc. The V stands for Vibrato. There are a few reviews on Harmony Central of your model, they should give you an idea of what you're playing and its worth.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar

I Roll With The Eighties And Rock With The Washburns
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 05:42:16 AM by Cornish Boy »