Username: Password:

Author Topic: Great Customer Service - Yeah Right!!  (Read 3796 times)

Offline tdibell

• View Profile
Great Customer Service - Yeah Right!!
« on: November 03, 2008, 12:03:22 PM »
Oh I'll get censored for this one here. This won't last long so I'm posting this here and elsewhere on the web to make sure that it gets seen by as many guitar players as possible. I don't want anyone else to make the same mistake I did. I went out and got a beautiful flamed sycamore guitar.  I have a 15 year old Washburn D17CEWR that I loved. Great sounding guitar, loved the way it played and felt. It had only two small problems and I wanted to get them fixed though. It had a buzz on the 7th, 8th & 9th frets and the high E pick up didn't work and the B worked at about 50% or less. I asked to get some help fixing the pick-up and they said the only thing they could do was send me a underbridge pick-up. Then when I identified that I had a saddle that included six individual transducers, they said that they only thing they could do was offer to send a bridge to me at my expense and let me pay a luthier to remove the old bridge and install a new bridge, saddle and pick-up system. I'd loose the mother-of-pearl inlays on the bridge, the six individual pick-ups of the system I have now, and the sound would change completely because I'd have to refinish the entire face - at my cost. They wouldn't even help in the repair. The only solution they offered was to have me spend my time, money and energy to repair a problem that they didn't even want to own (it was all my problem and legally they didn't even have to talk to me). I don't care about the fact that it's a 15 year old guitar. The only fix is to spend more on the guitar than the guitar is worth to fix it. Does anyone see the sense in that? I don't and I'm not going to do it. What I'm going to do is warn everyone about Washburn guitars. Don't buy them. Don't waste your money on them. The money is better spent elsewhere. Get a better warranty. The fact that the guitar will no longer sound as good as it did when I bought it is the real kicker here. No one even said anything about that. It's going to sound like crap and they didn't even say anything about that. They didn't even care about that. Great company. Great Customer Service - Yeah Right!![:(!][:(!][:(!]

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »
tdibell,
It is unfortunate that the type of saddle you have on your guitar is no longer available.  The electronics are only covered by the Warranty for one year so i'm sure you can understand the position we are in with a 15 year old guitar.  It's not that we don't care, it's that sometimes our hands are tied by the circumstances.  I'm going to send you an email.
thanks,
Nick

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 12:06:33 AM »
Washburn customer service rocks!

Offline BlueBuddha

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bluebuddha
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 05:59:18 AM »
dude, its 15 years old. get a grip.

What do you want to do tomorrow?

Offline N4ESA_UK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 06:56:03 AM »
IMO youre being a bit unfair.  There has to be an aftermarket p/up system that you could install that would be BETTER that the original? fair enough it might cost more than the guitar is worth, but the value is in how much you like the guitar and not the money.  I have an $80 antoria bass and I have spent well over $150 on getting setups, p/ups, pots and machine heads that now make it brilliant. I would never sell it and wouldnt expect to get what ive spent on it if i did.

This sort of problem isnt limited to washburn as Im sure youre aware, ALL manufacturers products have problems at some point and if your guitar is out of warranty then what else do you expect?  Im almost certain that other guitar makers would give you a similar response.

If the guitar isnt worth fixing to you sell it and buy something else.

N4ESA
Gordon Smith GS2
80's Korean Strat
Warwick Streamer LXBN 5 string
Warwick Streamer 4 string
Antoria Star Bass
if you cant afford it, build it