Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Washburn Site  (Read 8366 times)

Offline WEBgUy

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.usmusiccorp.com
New Washburn Site
« on: January 06, 2009, 04:58:50 PM »
Please check out the new Washburn Web Site and give us your thoughts & comments.

Offline Pike

• View Profile
New Washburn Site
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 07:16:21 PM »
Awesome new look WEBgUy!

Offline BlueBuddha

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bluebuddha
New Washburn Site
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:06:59 PM »
need more photos of guitars, detailed pic gallery of each instrument like other sites offer, they're the nicest guitars, they need galleries!

and Nuno should be at the top of the Artists list, as he is the greatest.

What do you want to do tomorrow?

Offline millenium

• View Profile
New Washburn Site
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 02:42:22 PM »
Still don't have any info on those limited edition as my D2003S !!! sniff sniff sniff... You'll be cool to have past model info
yan
millenium
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE MILLENIUM BRIGADE

Offline hilliard4

• View Profile
New Washburn Site
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:07:47 PM »
It looks great,I like it better than the old one
wrh

Offline Simon

• View Profile
    • http://s-kvindal.homepage.dk/
New Washburn Site
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 01:12:09 PM »
Main site
Pro: Nice design/graphics.
Con: Seems slow loading? (no, it's not my connection!). Text in negative is NOT my cup of tea!

Forum
Pro: ?
Con: Text in negative is NOT my cup of tea! Worse here than main site, since legibilty should be the primary concern.
http://www.visualexpert.com/FAQ/Part6/cfaqPart6.html#p6.2
--
Proud member of The European Jam Group
Men are from here, and women from way the he** over there. My bio (and others) in What makes you tick

Offline milod

• View Profile
New Washburn Site
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 02:12:54 PM »
The reader who mentioned the type on the web site is right on.

Dark backgrounds can work with much larger type, but it's a matter of news design that readability for the largest number of readers should be the major aim - not even award-winning design.

I had to select the type in order to make it readable. That may not be the case depending on the monitor used for design - but it's not dissimilar to my difficulty in playing Mother Maybelle's old F hole guitar with Mapes extra heavy strings on it. Just because some folks can handle it (guitar/website) doesn't mean all can.

Yes, I've made my living more than a bit by news design, and a couple of bucks from picking over the past 45 years.

By the way, I just joined the forums because I finally got my second Washburn. My first was an accoustic from waaaaaaay back. The restoration project died in a 1979 move when the pieces were lost. My bad as some might say.

It might not even hurt to have a pix of more old guys too, if quality rather than just decent price points is being promoted.

old guitar player
old guitar player - that's me and most of my guitars too... But we keep trying.

Offline Pike

• View Profile
New Washburn Site
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 02:56:52 PM »
Hi Milod, welcome to the forum. Which Washburns do you have?

Offline workknot

• View Profile
New Washburn Site
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 11:11:11 PM »
I had a bit of trouble finding the new site. My old saved favorite did not work, kept getting error. After searching on the web I finally found the new site. Apparently the web address has changed.

My personal preference of the new site, I don't care for the dark backgrounds with white text. Makes it hard on the eyes after long sessions of reading it.
Pop's
Washburn HB35WR
With Gibson 57 Pickups!
Behringer Ultracoustic ACX 450 with extension cabinet!
Washburn J28SCEDLM Stereo Setup, Cumberland Cedar Top [:)]
Michael Kelly V15CE Cedar top on the way.
Fender FM210R Amp

Offline millenium

• View Profile
New Washburn Site
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 08:09:07 AM »
That would have been great if there is an new message since last visit option... SO when when login, we just have to click this option and follow the new stuff on the forum. That is usefull for regular daily basis members.
yan
millenium

Offline Simon

• View Profile
    • http://s-kvindal.homepage.dk/
New Washburn Site
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 02:20:19 PM »
Hi millenium  - there is; called Active Topics, upper right hand corner.

Webguy - Pleeeease return the old colour scheme (or similar) to the forum asap!  Thanks.  :)
--
Proud member of The European Jam Group
Men are from here, and women from way the he** over there. My bio (and others) in What makes you tick

Offline millenium

• View Profile
New Washburn Site
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 02:47:07 PM »
GGGGRrrrrr

[:(!][:(!][:(!]

No way... it's been 3 year I come here on the forum and never use this option !!! I used to always get back at All forum and search in every section ...GGGrrr...

Thanks Simon
yan
millenium

Offline milod

• View Profile
New Washburn Site
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 08:21:43 PM »
Hi Pike...

I just got what I thought was an HB30 but sez it's an HB27 on the sticker. It's a set neck 335 style anyway, which is what I wanted.

(I wish Mike the WEBgUy would lemme know what I've got. I posted the SN and MN in another area of the forum under serial numbers.) I got it used and not new, but functionally unplayed.)

I've had the box less than a week, but ... here's how it hits me as a guy picking off and on since 1963: Excellent basis but not ready for work. On the other hand, I think short of a full custom guitar where one lives in the luthier's shop watching things, no guitar is ready when new. So that's not a real criticism.

That's nothing against company or dealers, obviously. E.g., I noticed a $21,000 Gibbie custom shop guitar for sale from one of the big web retailers and thought to myself, Nope. Not if I were a millionaire. Guitars need personalization, IMHO, not of paint but of strings, action height... etc., ideally to match the style played.

I wish the Washburn had a teeeeeeeny wider nut. I wish the outside fret dressing were a leeeeetle bit better. But that's being picky. Bottom line is that it's 95 percent of what I wanted and here in the Center of the Nation, (Google it, you'll find my hometown) I feel lucky to have found it to test before I dropped the cash.

In fact, I find myself playing different stuff than on another neck, and with a shade different style even though my fingerings are the same for both hands. (I play mostly finger style.)

What do I like about this box? Well, I've had more expensive and prettier, but I wanted a good, solid all-weather guitar that would sound good with what I do under a wide range literally of weather conditions and venues. So far this seems to be meeting the criterion.

If it broke and I could have another at the same price tag or some other brand? I'd probably take the duplicate Washburn, at least at this point in time.

I do get the impression that the hollow/semi hollow Washburns, because of nut width and a bit of other feel, are influenced by solidbody players who want a warmer sound but with a solidbody's narrower nut rather than hollowbody players looking around for a good, solid, good-sounding working instrument. But I may be wrong.

Oh, I've got a number of various boxes, most from when I was playing a lot more different styles during the 1970s. My pet the past five years has been a 1970s patent infringement Ibanez ES-175 copy. I madly love the neck, hate how weather puts it out of tune.

Since I got the Washburn, I restrung it with my kind of light strings... I'm letting it get used to them, then I'll lower the bridge, dress the outsides of the frets a bit and maybe mess with the nut a little. Then perhaps a little messing with neck tension. We'll see what the guitar likes.

I may add the old strap on single coil pickup I used to electrify a nice old F hole in the 70s that I added a high G string to to make a seven string. Roger McGuin didn't invent the idea. <grin> Then run the regular pups and the single coil stereo. We'll see.

I used to have a Leslie so the guitar could be a Hammond B3 organ. <grin> Now I'm considering a stomp box to do get about the same sound. Heck, I'm too old to stand up and scream. BB plays this style guitar sitting, so... I guess I can get away with it.

old guitar player - that's me and most of my guitars too... But we keep trying.

Offline Ascension

• View Profile
New Washburn Site
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 08:18:18 PM »
PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABUT THE DARK BLUE TEXT AGAINST THE RED BACKGROUND!!! I'm an old dude my eyes are not what they used to be and and suddenly I can't read spit here!!

Washburn USA's 1995 MG 100,102,120,122,1993 MG 104, One off Grover Jackson era Prototype ,  1999 WM4.
Carvin Customs 1989 V220R, 1990 X220C
Amps
Fender Custom Shop Prosonics
Red one off 100 watter built for Brad Whitford of Aerosmith, Black combo modded to a 1/12 and Black head
Late 80's Fender 2/12 cab.
Avatar Blond Oxblood 2/12 with GT-12 75's
Washburn USA's 1995 MG 102,120, One off Grover Jackson era Prototype , 1993 MG 94, 1992 MG 102
Carvin  1990 X220C, 2002 DC 400
2007 PRS Custom 24.
Fender 2000 American Standard Strat, 2014 Modern Player Tele
Amps
 Zinky 25 watt Blue velvet
Boogie Subway Rocket combo, Boogie .50 cal + head

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
New Washburn Site
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 10:16:17 PM »
I agree with Ascension, the blue on red sucks...I find it so hard to read. and I'm not old ...YET...LOL