Username: Password:

Author Topic: Canadian Dealers  (Read 7957 times)

Offline zach0520

• View Profile
Canadian Dealers
« on: November 30, 2010, 09:10:56 PM »
Hello to all,
Great forum here. I wonder if any Canadian members might be able to help out a fellow canuck. Anyone know of good Toronto dealers that carry Washburn acoustics? Everyone seems to carry a pile of Yamaha, Takamine and of course our own Godin line as well as the Big names (which an open mic hobbyist like myself can neither afford nor justify) but I have yet to see any real selection of Washburn instruments. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Z.

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Canadian Dealers
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:37:37 PM »
Hmmm... apparently Washburn can't find any either: http://www.washburn.com/dealers/canadian-dealers/canadiandealers.html

Maybe you should contact JAM Industries, (Canada's leading distributor of musical instruments,) who now owns Washburn... and suggest they update their Canadian dealer listing so the homies can find some product.

(We don't seem to have many dealers left in the US either.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 09:43:29 PM by Rocket »

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
Canadian Dealers
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 11:21:13 PM »
I'm a Canuck.

There isn't much in Canada, so that's why I ordered my guit from Jon from Funky Munky Music.

And dude, PLEASE don't tell me you cheer for the -laughs- [:O]

Washburn N2, Washburn F10S
I've got some other stuff too.. Everything from guitars to a Balalaika.

Offline zach0520

• View Profile
Canadian Dealers
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 11:58:10 PM »
Wow! Thank you both for the swift replies. I managed to find a couple of Canadian online retailers, one called L.A. Music with a showroom in Mississauga, and one called All You Need Music based in Gananoque near Kingston. Whether they physically stock them where a person could give one a test drive or simply deal them online is another question that will be answered with a couple of phone calls tomorrow. I will post my findings here.

As a budget minded player the WD10SCE and 20SCE seemed promising and I found an excellent review of the WD10SCE, with video, from Acoustic Guitar Magazine. See below for links.

L.A. Music: http://www.lamusic.ca/Acoustic-Guitars-s/33.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=33&show=40&page=1&brand=Washburn

All You Need Music: http://allyouneedmusic.com/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=6

Acoustic Guitar Magazine Review: http://www.acousticguitar.com/article/default.aspx?articleid=25714

More to follow...

Cheers,
Z.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 12:05:02 AM by zach0520 »

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
Canadian Dealers
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 12:52:25 PM »
Don't see much around here either, My washy dealer has a few older models that are not moving,and a few d10s,  no Mando or the likes. he does have lots of Jams gear [mic stands, guitar stands] etc

I have been chatting with some fellow musicians in B.C. and T.O. and there's not much there either in the brick and motor stores.

Zack, the store in my neck of the woods will help ya with a guitar and send it to you ..Its ..  music city Newfoundland.
Steve is a great guy and has sent some guitars and things to my friends free. so if you send him a e-mail maybe he could help you.
Good luck
Magoo

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
Canadian Dealers
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 12:54:28 PM »
quote:
And dude, PLEASE don't tell me you cheer for the -laughs-

Come on now ryan be nice, the Leafs will win the cup....someday..LMAO

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
Canadian Dealers
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 01:17:39 PM »
quote:
fellow musicians in B.C.

What do you mean Magoo, I havent talked to you in forever [;)]
quote:
Come on now ryan be nice, the Leafs will win the cup....someday..LMAO

Uh huh. This is going to be the same year they fire the asian coach Win Sum Soon, right? [:D]
The sisters will pull through this year! (As long as we dont play the blackhawks again!)

Offline zach0520

• View Profile
Canadian Dealers
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 08:34:36 PM »
So I discovered that L.A Music does not stock a wide selection of Washburn acoustics in store and they don't have either of the models I'm interested in. I have found a bricks an mortar location that claims on their website to carry all of the acoustic series. I plan on making a visit there this week. Will keep you all posted.

Cheers,
Z.

Offline cedwards

• View Profile
Canadian Dealers
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 06:29:17 PM »
Try MusicCity in St. John's NF. I bought from them and they shipped free to New Brunswick. See MusicCity website.
Seize the Fish
WG2S, D10SCE, WI45, JM300S, Lyon L115
'70s Univox LP Copy

Offline gregjones

• Perpetual Beginner
    • View Profile
Canadian Dealers
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 06:32:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by zach0520

Big names (which an open mic hobbyist like myself can neither afford nor justify)

The affording is sometimes not easy to do-------the justification is always there.
If it's got tuners, tits, or tires----it's gonna cost you.

"There are no wrong notes, only advanced harmonies." - Frank Zappa

Offline zach0520

• View Profile
Canadian Dealers
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 07:21:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by gregjones

quote:
Originally posted by zach0520

Big names (which an open mic hobbyist like myself can neither afford nor justify)

The affording is sometimes not easy to do-------the justification is always there.

Oh don't get me wrong, I could justify the playing but not the cost! Let's just say that if I bought one I'd have to get an extra large case with it cause I'd have to sleep in it!

Offline zach0520

• View Profile
Canadian Dealers
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »
So this update has been a long time coming. I managed to find an actual bricks an mortar store in Toronto,Scarboro Music http://www.scarboromusic.com/, that carries Washburn guitars. They didn't have a ton of instruments. I believe there was a WF-10S, a WD-20S, a D-10 and a couple of other higher end models that I don't remember.

All were nice but not in the can't-put-down category if you know what I mean and none were acoustic electric which is what I was shopping for. I wish they had a wider selection of Washburn but at least it was an opportunity to try a few instruments.