Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bought a F52SWCE today.  (Read 6448 times)

Offline luvzmocha

• View Profile
Bought a F52SWCE today.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 04:41:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Fitz

It is an incredibly easy playing guitar.  Elixer Nanoweb 10's sound great and last forever. I had a set on from June to early November.  At that time, I switched to Cleartone 10's and they sound even better; 3 months so far, still sound great.  

The mids - specifically the open G string -  sound a
bit on the boxy side to me.

Thanks Fitz for the advice on the Cleartones... I thought the Elixers were expensive!

My problems with the uneven string balance when amplified was due to the bottom of the saddle not being perfectly flat, and the sides were not parallel. It was very tight on one end and loose on the other. The slot in the bridge is correct.

I made another saddle and this guitar came alive after the setup! It is a joy to play and hear. I have not put her down for the last week.
Another point I must make is that most of my other guitars have a solid maple tonewood. The mahogany definitely has a different sound. I am really enjoying this guitar.

Practice more...Forum less!!

Offline Animal

• View Profile
Bought a F52SWCE today.
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 04:50:26 PM »
Man, nice guitar luvsmocha! What a deal. I see it new on music123 for $756.89 - $869.99.
I put Ernie Ball Earthwoods on my D47s, and she sounds amazing.

http://www.music123.com/Washburn-F52SWCE-Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-Folk-Guitar-w--case-516884-i1167478.Music123

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 05:02:47 PM by Animal »

Offline edge51va

• View Profile
Bought a F52SWCE today.
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 11:51:24 AM »
I have a D52SW and replaced the original strings with D'Addario lights resulting in a great sound. With the solid spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides, it produces a great sound even without amplification.

My Guitars:

Washburn D10S
Washburn D52SW
Epiphone Dove
Ed G.

My Guitars:

Washburn D10S
Washburn D52SW
Epiphone Dove
Epiphone Masterbilt EJ-500RVS