• View Profile
EC-29
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 03:51:42 PM »
cool, ta!!!

Offline Guitar Bodd

• View Profile
EC-29
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 04:48:19 AM »
JUst to confirm, the 3 controls are vol, tone, mid boost and a 3 way selector switch. Guitar pu's will not work without a battery and low power is usually identified by the sound turning crackly(as if you have a faulty lead).
Battery does last for ages tho, provided you don't leave the lead plugged into the guitar(this acts as the on/off switch). The only problem I have with the pu's is the huge volume diff between the s/coil and the H/B...the s/coil is really too quiet for this guitar, but it does a good impression of a strat(Apache, anyone?).

As for the high frets(past 24), they are practically useless...more of a style statement of the era, I'm afraid. Personally, I'd have been happy at 24 frets and then they could have moved the s/coil pu a bit further forward, away from the H/B....but it is what it is!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:01:05 AM by Guitar Bodd »

Offline Guitar Bodd

• View Profile
EC-29
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 08:54:09 AM »
Message for Cornish Boy....I'm on oldy worldy dial up, so putting pics onto photobucket is a potch. I tried emailing you, but I'm a newby and it won't let me!! If you want some pics of the EC29, email me and I'll send them directly to you..you can do with them what you like!!! Guitar Bodd

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
EC-29
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2009, 10:45:50 AM »
You got mail.

Offline Guitar Bodd

• View Profile
EC-29
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2009, 04:52:50 AM »
SO should you by now!!!!! enjoy the pics.....GBODD

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
EC-29
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2009, 05:05:17 AM »
Here ya Go.

Nice one Guitar Bodd

Offline the_high_number

• View Profile
EC-29
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2009, 06:00:48 AM »
Wow!!!

that's in spectacular condition for its age.

never have been keen on that colour scheme though!!

Offline Guitar Bodd

• View Profile
EC-29
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2009, 07:06:15 AM »
I suppose the colour and style is indicative of its era. I like it(the colour), but I don't love it.
However, imo, it was the best of the bunch(the other finishes spatter were a bit garish, even for me). What you do get from this guitar when you pick it up, is a feeling of quality and solidity. The body wood is very dense and even though it looks quite small, it's quite heavy..excellent sustain and natural tone. Anyway, a good guitar is a good guitar, irrespective of colour!!!! The neck is extremely easy to play; fairly slim neck profile, but not skinny(like some Ibanez)..closest modern guitar to it would be a PRS MIRA in regards to the neck profile.
So, now you've seen it, what kinda price(range)do you think? (The trem arm is in the case)..I ain't selling tho!!!(but...you never know!!!)

On the subject of garishness, do any of you remember the Washburn Explorers (Black body with ORANGE BINDING!!)..I get a migraine just thinking about it(ha ha)

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
EC-29
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2009, 07:12:45 AM »
Ah now you're talking The A series

Just give me a shout if you see one of these going in the UK, I could well be interested.

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
EC-29
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2009, 08:22:49 AM »
As for price on your EC 29 Challenger, that's open to debate. Google it, just found a couple on there in the US and to be honest I think they want stupid dosh $1000, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if someone really wants it the sky's the limit I s'pose.

Offline Guitar Bodd

• View Profile
EC-29
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2009, 09:01:25 AM »
Well, besides being in A1 condition, the EC29 has centimental value (it was originlly bought by my Cousin, from new, who died tragically a few years ago..)..and my daughter wants it as part of her inheritance!!Kids 'ey!! Everything has a price(almost!)...it would take serious wongga $$$ or financial problems for me to sell.

As for the A Series ORANGE MONSTER, I played one in Pete NObles MUsic store, in Llanishen, Cardiff. I was actually buying the VOX125 head that I'm currently selling(1983??) and the Washburn rep walked into the shop. Apparently, so he said, it was one of the 1st in the counrty(blah blah blah..it might have been???) and did I like it. After playing it for about 3 minutes, I politely said, NO!!....but again, beauty is in the eye............now CREAM would have been a different matter!!!!