Username: Password:

Author Topic: Can anyone help me identify this guitar and amp???  (Read 3408 times)

Offline griggsy2005

• View Profile
Can anyone help me identify this guitar and amp???
« on: April 11, 2009, 05:20:21 AM »

This guitar and amp was given to my uncle in the mid 90's by the managing director of Wasburn UK at the time. My Uncle then gave me the guitar and amp as a present a few years back now. I don't know alot about guitars and was keen to find out about it. If anybody knows anything about the age, value or anything else interesting about this guitar and amp please let me know. Many thanks [:D]

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 05:34:02 AM »
Hi griggsy and welcome to the forum. Nice guitar Mercury series made in 1994, probably a 700 model. I have put a link to the Washburn Archives for that year so you may compare other models with yours.

http://www.washburn.com/images/stories/documents/archives/1994.pdf

Offline arykala

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/adamrykalaguitar
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 08:43:27 AM »
Its a mercury 2 (different headstock to the M1)

--

Washburn HM-24V (proto) / KC 90v x2 (Red, Translucent)/ MG 74/ MG 800 / Fernandes Revolver Pro w\\Sustainer / Ibanez 540 Radius (91 HSS) / Chimera (coming soon)
--

Washburn HM-24V (proto) / KC 90v x3 (Red, Translucent Gold, Translucent Pearl)/ MG 74/ MG 800 / Fernandes Revolver Pro w\\Sustainer / Ibanez 540 Radius (91 HSS) / Ibanez RGT42 BP / No Name LP Copy / LTD MH250 / Relic Strat / Artcore AG85 / Chimera (coming soon)

Offline the_high_number

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 10:13:46 AM »
Speaking of mercury headstocks, i had a friend who had a mercury (think he woulda bought tit about 92-93) and the headstock had 4 of the tuners on top and two below, i can't for the life of me work out which model it is!!  can't seem to find any of the mercurys with that set up.  maybe i'm wrong.

is that the only difference between M1 and M2???

Offline griggsy2005

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 04:57:31 AM »
Thanks for the help guys. Was maybe thinking about selling it, don't really want to, but being a bit short of funds it may need to be flogged! What sort of price should i be looking for? xxx

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 05:41:03 AM »
Hi griggsy, that's a question that's impossible to answer with accuracy. There are a couple of Mercury models on Ebay at the moment, keep your eyes on them that will give you an idea of start price. The buyers seem to prefer the models with a Floyd Rose trem, but that's not to say that someone won't come along and prefer yours. Good luck if you decide to sell, don't forget to put a link on here to the sale site to give the boys a heads up.
PS Check out the completed listings on Ebay for more prices.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:20:27 AM by Cornish Boy »

Offline griggsy2005

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »
Just to let anyone who would be interested, i recently listed this guitar on ebay. Check it out: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110430505375&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1182