Username: Password:

Author Topic: iPad for tabs etc.  (Read 1776 times)

Offline DontTreadOnMe

• View Profile
iPad for tabs etc.
« on: January 02, 2012, 08:46:08 PM »

Does anyone use an iPad for their tabs/chord charts/music?  My girlfriend gave me an iPad for Christmas and a really cool stand for it.  Currently I have all my music in a Word document (and hard copies in folders) and would like to put it on the iPad but have some criteria for whatever sotfware/app that I use

-due to the smaller screen size need an auto scroll (with adjustable rate) feature
-copy and edit the tabs/chords for different keys
-easy search or Index feature like Word Index

Any other hints/help for iPad use would be appreciated.  I'm just thinking of how I would like it to work and I've searched the App store and found several that would do some but not all of the above.

Thanks in advance!!!

Guitars, I have a few - but then again, too few to mention

Offline DontTreadOnMe

• View Profile
Re: iPad for tabs etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 03:34:03 PM »

I guess everyone is busy chiseling their music into stone tablets like I have been doing...   Anyway I found plenty of info on "theunofficialotherguitarwiththesquareheadstockforum" and will update when I decide on which app and hardware I"ll get.

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »
I've progressed a few eons beyond the stone tablet.   ;) :)  But it still is paper and printer or possibly paper and pencil, for me.

I will be interested to see what you opt for, as the dreaded IPad or a tablet seems to be in our future.

Offline DontTreadOnMe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 03:25:27 PM »

After looking into over 10 different apps for the iPad, I'm going to get OnSong, probably download it tonight and start converting my songs.  The hardest part will be editing my song file in Word into the format to import into OnSong, but that's true for all of them.  Most either use PDF or .txt or ChordPro format for import.  What I like about OnSong is being able to make key changes on the fly, add or edit chords and lyrics, and auto scroll.

Although I'm not necessarily an iFan, when my girlfriend gave me her iPad 1 and the stand, I really liked the idea of making the switch. 

Oh, and for you anti-Apple guys (Ryan, I did notice your avatar, lol) they are working on a version that will work on the Android OS.

More to come!

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:10:09 PM »

Oh, and for you anti-Apple guys (Ryan, I did notice your avatar, lol) they are working on a version that will work on the Android OS.

More to come!
Heheh. Was it that obvious?  :D I just bought myself an Android OS tablet, so I will be curious as to how you like it.

I would be an apple guy, but I don't like how you can't have more than one application running at one time. Plus it's all waaay over priced.

Offline DontTreadOnMe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 08:10:58 PM »
I'm really liking OnSong.  You can look on www.onsongapp.com and the Features page for all the bells and whistles.  The customer support is great too, I emailed a few questions and heard back from the program architect in less than an hour.

Now I have to edit all my songs, that takes about 5 minutes each but it's worth it.  Once a song is imported then you can do any further edits as needed.