Username: Password:

Author Topic: hey maybe you can help I.D. this axe?  (Read 4062 times)

Offline superstratwizard

• View Profile
hey maybe you can help I.D. this axe?
« on: June 08, 2009, 02:13:58 PM »
posted questions to the general elec. guitar list .....but no one had the correct info for me. perhaps you X-series Xperts can provide some pertinent facts specific to my new purchase... an x-series Washburn X-16 G14 , string through body guitar with a black body and grey top that has a very subtle ( not the new colorful skull artwork but an older skull design that is more like a sepia tattoo)....skull design on the butt.
                                         looks like the guitar was only available in Brazil so i'd like to know details about the materials and pickup output ( it has washburn's ....not the egnater ones)...when it was made? how much it sold for new? etc.....
                                           this superstrat plays like a dream and sounds way beyond it's price. i'm impressed. there is a pic of it at musical grellmann.com.br. thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                      casual J.

Offline funkymunky

• View Profile
    • http://funkymunkymusic.com
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 03:19:33 PM »
those guitars were about $250-$300 when sold new

basswood body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard

very nice neck profile
there is no money above the 5th fret..........but its a great place to hang out

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 10:37:52 PM »
She sounds like a beauty of an axe! Post a pic for all to see! I'm curious ;)

Washburn N2
Barracuda Strat Copy (awesome sound)
Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Offline superstratwizard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 03:28:53 PM »
thanks guys !!!! also got an email from the WASHBURN home office as well with some facts. it'll take me awhile.......but i will certainly take a pic of it for everyone's input and time. thanks again . finding a jem like this dirt cheap always spreads good vibes. i like the sound of the pick-ups even ...not real loud and ballsy but nicely voiced (with a seymour duncan JAZZ type of tone) and i  won't put my usual DiMarzio X2N in the bridge since it has a sweet sound just as is...with all 3 pup  switch positions .....their own thing.  an ibanez rg 350 mdx will get the DP 102 laying around begging to be electrified......... later.