Username: Password:

Author Topic: Reports On The Show ?  (Read 8887 times)

Offline Paul C

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 01:18:12 PM »
Definately agree with you. I got my N4 off ebay, and I was starting to worry at the time of bidding because the last time I played one was in a music shop in Bath about 1994! There wasn't a single shop I could find anywhere in the Midlands that had one for me to try out. I made 3 or 4 phone calls to sound technology who kept promising to get one to Birmingham PMT for me to try out but nothing ever materialised.

Doesn't seem a very good way to run a business...

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 04:32:42 PM »
Once Upon A Time......
How about a Washburn Tour Bus fitted out with say twenty or thirty different models electric and acoustic, together with a few Amps doing a month long tour covering all (Within Reason) areas of the UK. Surely that's not gonna break any banks to set up. All the gear could be sold off at the end as demo stock which will probably still make a profit over cost to the company. I'm sure the boys here will make sure just about everyone knows about it where they live (And we cover all areas) and definately wouldn't mind actually being part of the show as unpaid labour setting up in different areas. Some of them would volunteer from start to finish just to get a chance of trying some models and talking to people about them. Ambassador Buddah could handle the South Coast, Norfolkngood the East Coast, Cornish Boy his tiny bit, Arykala Wales and so forth.
Ooops sorry I must have taken the Blue pill, go back to bed England all is well............
And They All Lived And Prospered Happily Ever After

Bit of a postscript here,
Surely if a UK dealer - distributor organized such a tour, it would be Tax Deductible as Advertising. HHmmmmm !!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:57:02 PM by Cornish Boy »

Offline BlueBuddha

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bluebuddha
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 04:53:26 PM »
I'd do it, but Washburn never would :(

they don't seem to keen on UK success

What do you want to do tomorrow?

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 05:14:58 PM »
Hi bud, i've got friends that drive Little Feat round when they're in the UK, they're part of a group of fans who actually do most of the groundwork in advertising finding small venues and manning the sales stalls at their gigs. They do it for pleasure and as a bonus get to spend time with a great band of fine musicians.
Washburn could triple their UK sales in six months at very little (If Any) cost with an Enthusiastic Dealer prepared to give it a go. If Washburn can't see that then they will lose more business to well known and more expensive makers. I'm pretty sure most of the Washburn guitars sold in the UK are through ebay, how sad is that????

Offline N4ESA_UK

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 03:18:18 AM »
Id do it!  Jeez, if they dont start marketing N series in the UK I may start making my own after all.  By the way, got my N4 paddy strung up last night......smug mode  [:)]

if you cant afford it, build it

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 04:19:40 AM »
Well if a few like minded people got together, fifty to be precise, you could order the bodies and necks from Korea then shipped here for finishing. Of course China would be slightly cheaper but the cost wouldn't be that different on a limited run. It's just the Patent on the cutaway neck that could cause problems, i'm not sure of the legal side of that, but pretty sure any one of a dozen factories in Korea would take the work at a decent price point.
Check Out

http://www.alibaba.com/product/kr102030680-101416347-100618909/Electric_Guitar.html

Thats just one of many manufacturers advertising for work.

Congrats to N4 on showing the way.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:36:22 AM by Cornish Boy »

Offline the_high_number

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 04:45:01 AM »
I'm not really sure that bootlegging guitars is the best plan!!!

Offline N4ESA_UK

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 05:16:33 AM »
I dont see how its possible to patent a wood working joint anyway.  I remember hearing that the patents have expired.

Im not sure Chinese bootlegs are what I had in mind!  I was thinking more along the lines of me sat in my shed with the radio on, making a few dozen NIV's
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 05:22:10 AM by N4ESA_UK »

Offline the_high_number

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 05:33:38 AM »
you mean this one???

http://www.google.com/patents?id=r4ACAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&source=gbs_summary_r&cad=0_0

doesn't actually state what the expiry date or length of the patent is.  think i said over on the funky monkey forum, it makes no sense that this isn't on more guitars!!!

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 05:33:59 AM »
Ah but you see it's not bootlegging they could be classed as Tributes just as Brad is having a Dime ST made in Russia to the specs of the Washburn original with very minor adjustments.
I just want Washburn to wake up to the fact that there are customers in countries apart from the USA that actually want to try and buy their products but are getting Cheesed Off (to put it mildly) with the attitude of distributors and dealers in the UK who just can't be bothered to even answer questions about availability of lesser known models, let alone order one for you.
When I was searching for my Eagle reissue I could have ordered one from France Germany and even Checkeslovakia, but not the UK. I finished up buying one from the states at a good price and paying the VAT when it entered the UK. I wouldn't have to do that if everything was as it should be over here. Being honest about the situation the Hannah Montana line just doesn't do it for me, but the country seems to be flooded with those. So they're getting sent over by the container load with a whole pile of D 10 acoustics. Where's my choice??

Offline N4ESA_UK

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 05:38:59 AM »
So we brand them as a tribute then???.....wishburn 'for those players who wish they cud get their feckin hands on a guitar they want to pay money for  [:D]

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 05:49:21 AM »
Oh Yeah !! Like it. Wishburn sounds cool.
In the meantime I'd like everyone to find out if they can get a Specific Washburn Hard Case for their guitar in this country from any of the dealerships. If it doesn't come with one, you can't get it.

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 06:21:04 AM »
Here's the rub, Matt sent me some pics of the Washburn Resonators, hey they look the business and I would love to try one but life's too short and so I've just bought an Ozark instead. Oh yeah and after five minutes searching I've found a case for it in the UK no problem next day delivery.
Good service, right price Sold simple as that.

Offline N4ESA_UK

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 06:37:40 AM »
I got the old form fit case for my N4 cos I bought it from canada.  I think you do get the ATA hard case with N4's, but they arent that good as they aint a snug fit.  

I use gator cases for absolutely everything.  Rack, Amps, effects, guitars, bases.  Theyre a good price and seem to stand up to the level of abuse that I give them.  If I was touring across Europe then maybe an ATA flightcase would be needed, but Im not.

Offline Paul C

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2009, 02:20:31 PM »
Ha! Funny this came up, I e-mailed sound technology to ask if they could get me a hard case for my N4. I'll give you one guess what the answer was!