Username: Password:

Author Topic: Reports On The Show ?  (Read 8996 times)

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 04:24:12 PM »
I had the same problem but with a different model Paul, but if they can't supply you with a case for a best selling top of the range N series, then it's just about as bad as it gets as far as the Spares And Accessories dept is concerned. OK we all use the Gators and Stagg cases and they do their job, but if anyone else is like me I would prefer to turn up with a Washburn Guitar in a case with Washburn on the side. I even went as far as buying stick on vinyl signs for my cases, they just look better when you turn up at the gig, a bit more professional if you like. It just seems to me that Washburn are losing touch with the grass roots buyers and going more into the Custom and Signature market where hell, you even get nail varnish AND a case.
Hey Paul give Soundtech a call and ask for the black nail varnish 'cos it was missing when you got your N4.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:26:40 PM by Cornish Boy »

Offline BlueBuddha

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bluebuddha
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 05:04:02 PM »
hmmm. i like unmarked cases TBH, don't like to give away whats inside.

frankly i'd like a case that said: 'junk guitar, pretty much firewood'

What do you want to do tomorrow?

Offline norfolkngood

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 05:56:58 PM »
It looks like we've moved a piece away from the LIMS show. If I've got the picture, we're going to have a Wishburn tour bus from which we will attempt to flog knock-off Washburns/ Wishburns. These will be sourced in kit form from Korea for assembly in China or Russia or by N4ESA in his shed.

We will offer a choice of cases, either with a stick-on Washburn label or for the Buddah N5 (well, we can't call it an N4) signature copy, a hand-scrawled plywood case labelled unplayable s**te-plank, not worth nicking.

Well, I guess we can hold back the unsold stock (of which there will be plenty!) to sell on Ebay in the future as lawsuit models[B)]

Returning to reality for a moment, yep, it's a pet gripe with me that Washburns are mostly sold with hard cases in the US, we get padded gig-bags. I really would welcome a dedicated Washburn dealership in the UK (can't speak on Sound Tech as never used them, Richtone Music in Sheffield have been helpful in the past, not bought anything from them recently).

Offline N4ESA_UK

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 03:47:20 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by norfolkngood

I've got the picture, we're going to have a Wishburn tour bus from which we will attempt to flog knock-off Washburns/ Wishburns. These will be sourced in kit form from Korea for assembly in China or Russia or by N4ESA in his shed.

We will offer a choice of cases, either with a stick-on Washburn label or for the Buddah N5 (well, we can't call it an N4) signature copy, a hand-scrawled plywood case labelled unplayable s**te-plank, not worth nicking.

Well, I guess we can hold back the unsold stock (of which there will be plenty!) to sell on Ebay in the future as lawsuit models[B)]

ok ok...when you put it like that it does seem a bit far fetched. I would probably have to use the kitchen as the shed aint big enough [:D]

But I think the message is pretty clear.  Send us some washburns to try and we are likely to buy them.  AND, stop UK dealers charge a high mark up as this only means that if ppl do find a guitar they like, they are going to pay less for it online from USA or Canada. How can a guitar in the USA, with delivery charges, and import tax, and VAT be less expensive than one hanging in a shop window 30-40 miles away from my chair????!!!!!!!  

if you cant afford it, build it

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 06:45:34 AM »
OK chaps, I fully expect WB Nick has been monitoring our latest UK customer care moans and he seems to be able to get things done on the hurry-up judging by the new sections on this forum.
So Nick would it be too much to ask for Washburn to put a FULL catalogue of their models including RRP in Euros available in the European Union on your site available for download?? And to make things even better a list of recommended spare parts suppliers which has been a common subject on the Forum worldwide. All we are asking for at the end of the day is a chance to continue sourcing Washburn guitars and a reliable dealership. Cheers.

Offline the_high_number

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 07:54:33 AM »
I did pop an email to Nick the other day just to make sure he was aware of this, he said he's seen it and following it up with the UK sales rep.

from his tone in the mail, i'd say he's pretty concerned about making sure he get's it sorted!!

Offline the_high_number

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 08:06:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by BlueBuddha

frankly i'd like a case that said: 'junk guitar, pretty much firewood'

i'm sure Sam will appreciate this...

'Kampha wood?  your guitar must have been worth a fortune!!'

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 08:19:51 AM »
That's in good hands then. Maybe if the UK dealers were to actually visit this forum they might get the picture we are trying to paint here. Nick set up a dealers section and as I expect you've noticed Jon at Funkymunky has really got things going for his part and fair play forum members have written glowing reports about his service. The absence of any UK or European dealers speaks for itself, I seriously doubt that any of them have ever visited the forum, now that is sad......
If you don't know what your customers want, you don't deserve to have customers at all !!!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:25:02 AM by Cornish Boy »

Offline N4ESA_UK

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 08:29:04 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by the_high_number

'Kampha wood?  your guitar must have been worth a fortune!!'

spin my nipple nuts and send me to alaska!  you gotta love the dwarf [:D]

Offline the_high_number

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 09:33:59 AM »
Though it seems that there is only one dealer worldwide that seems to have any input.

Maybe funky munkey needs a UK branch!!

Offline BlueBuddha

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bluebuddha
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »
not a bad idea.

the rest of the dealers/distributors don't deserve to stock Washburn if they're not gonna push them.

I coul sell more in a week than they do in a month if i had the monies!

What do you want to do tomorrow?

Offline JIMNM

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 10:42:34 AM »
What do you guys think of Martin guitars?  Pricey but are they as good as they are reputed to be
My Guitar teacher is a Taylor man

Opinions!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:19:53 PM by JIMNM »

Offline the_high_number

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 03:11:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by JIMNM

What do you guys think of Martin guitars?  Pricey but are they as good as they are reputed to be
My Guitar teacher is a Taylor man

Opinions!

Dude, random much!!!

i've never played one TBH, but to look at them they don't make me want to, it's not a good way to judge a guitar, but that's how it is!!! =OP

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2009, 03:56:47 AM »
I've tried quite a few acoustics over the years including some of the big names, and on my travels have played quite a few bad ones. It's very much personal choice with acoustics and TBH money isn't everything with hollow bodied guitars, it's all about the sound you want Spruce top, Cedar top, Lam top Tonewoods, there are just so many class guitars out there now at every price point that after two hours walking round shops trying them they all start to sound similar. With all due respect to the top end Washburns I found a used twelve string Takemine a few years ago which made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when I played it, and that came in at less than four hundred. So it's not all about how rich you are, it's about how you hear what you're playing.I'd rather go through a whole rack of the basic decent models before getting the guy to show me the big names, 'cos everyone's different and the gem you are searching for might just be in the special offer rack. If you want a hardline professional opinion to your question and you're not easily offended ask Rocket in the acoustic section, he'll give you a honest answer. It may not be the solution you expect but it will be the truth, but like I say he can be a tad on the wild side if he thinks it's a question unworthy of his opinion.

Offline N4ESA_UK

• View Profile
Reports On The Show ?
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2009, 05:01:13 AM »
I had a sigma 12 string many years ago.  They are sort of the squier of Martin guitars.  It was fantastic.  But I wanted to upgrade to a Martin eventually and when I went shopping for one, I bought a Jasmine (the squier of takamine)  as it played alot better than the Martins that were available.

Ive just got a 2nd hand crafter acoustic which is excellent and cost me $140 with a hardcase.

Its all subjective with acoustics, a bit like recomending guitar pickups.