Username: Password:

Author Topic: Where are the Taurus T24 and T25 players?  (Read 16207 times)

Offline Greevus

• View Profile
Where are the Taurus T24 and T25 players?
« on: June 17, 2009, 02:19:17 PM »
Someone's gotta break the ice.  I play a 5 and just ordered a 4 string.  I think this is one of the most underrated basses out there.  Excellent for the $$$ value.  I have heard players say they don't like the pickups, but I am getting a pretty good tone out of mine.  Wouldn't mind hearing from players who have maybe swapped them out also.  

Offline snypafromhell

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
I've got a washburn t24. Got it for a good price on ebay. It's def a good buy for the price. I use it in my band. I currently play with an swr 350x with a yorkville 4x10. I'll soon be adding a sunn 200w concert bass amp with two sun 15's. I def get some good tone out of my washburn but it does require that i change the strings every 2-3 weeks. How you liking yours?

Offline BH3 bass

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 09:23:05 PM »
Love my T24. wish there was a fretless version. I have their T14 fretless and its ok but it's not a T24.
I had a problem with the finger board separating from the neck but because I got the bass from a clueless metal head who had no business playing fretless theres no warrenty. appologies to metal heads who are not clueless. i am refering to one particular MH

Offline BH3 bass

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 11:09:38 AM »
Got my T24 de fretted. Awsome, beautiful. can't wait to gig with it.

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 07:29:15 AM »
The only issue with mine is I don't care for the way it balances. I helped that by putting on Dunlap strap locks that stick out and put the strap out closer to the 12 fret. That aside it is a real nice looking bass. Mine is an early model and according to someone who used to be a sponsor, big wigs at Washburn order special made instruments once a year for their own use. I apparently was shipped on of them because the wood on my bass looks different for any other T24 I've ever seen. More like cocobolo wood or Asian rosewood than mahogany. I really like the dark tone.
no frets?

Offline Reverendjim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 07:02:10 PM »
Just got a T25 for my kid for Christmas and he LOVES it. Once I get it set up right, it'll be even better (see my post about tuners, yeah, another clueless metalhead, how do you BREAK Grover Tuners?).

The kid  plays Metal and needed the 5 string for Metallica covers, ADADG tuning. The sound and sustain are amazing! We run it through a Digitek Bass OD pedal to a Crate amp right now, but will be going to a Peavey 600 watt head and Ampeg cabs soon.

We own several Washburns and this is by far the best Bass we have in our collection. (OB30, XB100, XB102, and now the T25) Yes, I actually get to play it every so often. LOL Don't get me wrong, the others are sweet too, but the T25 is a cut above. I have owned and played Washburns for decades and will so long as I live. Till they pry my XB from my cold, dead fingers. LOL
Holding down the bottom end since 1975

Offline gebass6

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 02:57:52 PM »
To Greevus.I used to own a T24 and a T25 converted to fretless.I had upgraded my basses with Carvin parts.I changed the tuners to 24k gold plated tuners,gold knobs with mother of pearl tops,a Carvin/Hipshot bridge,and to top it off a Carvin HB5 Humbucker pickup in the bridge with a coil tap switch.I love the Taurus,but Washburn doesn't realize that this bass is a real gem.In my opinion dark woods beg for gold hardware,not chrome.I regret selling these basses.

Offline crush3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 06:25:09 PM »
I found a used Force 4 ABT that looks just like pix of the T24, and I am selling all my other old sticks - this is the one for me.  I also just saw on eBay one of what was billed as a limited edition run of twelve T24FL fretless basses. I enjoy both kinds of playing in different settings, so I'd really like to get one - they say there's just a couple left.  The dealer was Arkansas Music Works.  Has anybody else bought one of these?  How did it work out?

Offline Greevus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 12:25:24 PM »
Played my T24 last night at a gig with GK MB2-500 and Ampeg 810.  Had a few people ask what's that cool bass?.  Sounded nice and growly.  All stock still.  Used the neck pickup only and was nice and beefy.   I typically like a P sound, but this bass has a cool growl that cuts.   Please keep making these.  Not many current basses by other makers have any real appeal these days.    Workingman is where it's at.   Screw boutiques.

Offline khpro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 09:44:14 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by BH3 bass

Love my T24. wish there was a fretless version. I have their T14 fretless and its ok but it's not a T24.
I had a problem with the finger board separating from the neck but because I got the bass from a clueless metal head who had no business playing fretless theres no warrenty. appologies to metal heads who are not clueless. i am refering to one particular MH

I bought a factory fretless T24.  The store mgr. told me that Washburn only made a quantity of twenty-four T24's in fretless, so I imagine those are no longer available new.

Offline worthim

• View Profile
    • http://www.diyguitartone.com
Re: Where are the Taurus T24 and T25 players?
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 07:44:12 AM »
I've had 2 T24 Taurus bass guitars.  One was the recent "jazz" style, which I sold due to not playing it.  The other, which I still have, was sold to me as a "prototype" from Austin Craigslist.  It was un-playable, missing tuners and a couple knobs.

Serial Number:  NV03050017

I'm a DIYer, so I put nice Gotoh tuners on it, and replaced the knobs.  All Gold hardware...  It sure is purdy!

The cool and unique thing about this one is it has a single active BassLines MM style pickup.  Talk about growl...

I'm trying to have the Serial Number identified, though I believe November 2003 is the mfg date...  If anyone has any idea about this Serial number, please respond...

Thanks,
Scotty ~at~ diyguitartone.com

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 03:51:36 AM »
If Basses are like acoustics, than yes 2003. 8 digit numbers,  the first two year. most of the time. Tom. 

jimsmithsr

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 05:44:00 AM »
Scotty
   You got a picture you can post of your proto?  I just picked up  a Taurus proto ....no serial number, but I think it was assembled, in Chicago, around 2001.  I'll post some pictures this weekend.  Mine has  similar active electronics as the MB-40 (made 2002-04)...Mighty Mite HX (F) (R) pickups and an MM 5 string bridge....the same one used on the USA XB-925.

jimsmithsr

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 06:39:12 AM »
Here are some images of the Taurus proto that I mentioned earlier:

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 11:21:35 AM »
I'm not a bass fan, but I like that paint job.   Tom.   :)