Username: Password:

Author Topic: WI64DL Fret Buzz  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Scott C

• View Profile
WI64DL Fret Buzz
« on: July 01, 2009, 09:18:22 AM »
Hi all, new guy here.

I recently bought a used 2000 (based on the serial number) WI64DL.  Got it on E-Bay with a hard case for a great price, so I couldn't pass it up.  I'm just a beginner hack, but really like the feel of this guitar[:)].

Anyway, it had some fret buzz, so I took it to my local guitar shop to set it up.  He adjusted the truss rod and bridge, but the thing still buzzes - but only on the 5th (A) string.  He then changed strings and dressed(?) the frets, but still the same problem.

To me it sounds like maybe the 5th string support thingy on the bridge could be low.  Does that make any sense?  Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Offline Scott C

• View Profile
WI64DL Fret Buzz
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 09:35:06 PM »
Anyone??

Offline Pike

• View Profile
WI64DL Fret Buzz
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 10:54:50 PM »
Hi Scott, maybe customer service would know where she's buzzing.

http://www.washburn.com/about-us/customer-service/contact-uscustomer-service.html

Offline jeffy

• View Profile
WI64DL Fret Buzz
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 05:58:09 PM »
Take a look at the nut,too. If it's cut deeper than the ones next to it,that could be your problem.Thing is,your tech would've/should've caught that,so maybe not. I don't think it would have anything to do with the bridge,since the saddles aren't adjustable for height individually.The only thing on that end would be to raise the action enough to clear the buzzing,and the string height may not suit you.Make sure the adjustment screw for that string saddle isn't rattling,also. Those can make some annoying buzzes.

Offline Scott C

• View Profile
WI64DL Fret Buzz
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 09:10:49 PM »
Thanks.  I don't think it;s the nut since it buzzes when fretted.  I'm out of town now, but will check those things out when I get home.

Offline cedwards

• View Profile
WI64DL Fret Buzz
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scott C

Thanks.  I don't think it;s the nut since it buzzes when fretted.  I'm out of town now, but will check those things out when I get home.

Buzzes when fretted on any fret? Have you had a sideways look to see where contact might be occurring when fretted?

Seize the Fish
Washburn WG2S
Washburn D10SCE
Washburn WI45
Ibanez V300MH
Lyon L115
'70s Univox LP Copy

Seize the Fish
WG2S, D10SCE, WI45, JM300S, Lyon L115
'70s Univox LP Copy

Offline redheadrocker21

• View Profile