Username: Password:

Author Topic: N4 Davies and N8  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Agneta

• View Profile
N4 Davies and N8
« on: August 28, 2009, 03:48:59 PM »
I have an N4 Davies that I bought in LA 1993. I have never seen any N4 Davies for sale so I do not know the price. What would the price be? The guitar is like new.
I have also an N8 and I know they are very rare. What would the price be? The N8 is in same good condition as the N4.
I want to know the price so I can insure my guitars.

Offline the_high_number

• View Profile
N4 Davies and N8
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 04:02:45 PM »
firstly depends on where in the world you are, i think the davies normally go for somewhere i nthe $/$2000 region (depends on who's looking at any given time, sometimes more sometimes less)

The N8 is a different matter, i've definitely seen them on the bay well in excess of $3K but not sure if it sold or not.

insureance is of course entirely different, you need to be able to replace the item with what the insurers give you when it's lost/stolen/broken.  which of course means you'll have to over value it to make sure you're covered when they finally come up for sale!!!

Offline Ayrton

• View Profile
N4 Davies and N8
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 03:39:48 PM »
In the good 'ol US of A, Davies are going to range depending on condition, and one or two piece body. If you have a clean one piece and no neck issues, then figure $2000-$2200 to replace (assuming you could find another). I bought four Davies last year and I paid between $900 and $2100.

Can't really say on the N8, not enough of them out there, but $3000 and up seems safe.

Offline Agneta

• View Profile
N4 Davies and N8
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 02:15:28 PM »
In 1993 I paid $400 for the N4 with a hardcase. The seller said that Tracii Guns in LA Guns had own the guitar before me but I do not know if it is true.