Username: Password:

Author Topic: HB35 Intonation ????  (Read 3200 times)

Offline BoulevardBandit

• View Profile
HB35 Intonation ????
« on: September 02, 2009, 04:16:07 AM »
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to set up the intonation on my HB35 and seem to be having a problem.

Truss rod set up is fine with 0.010 at the 8th fret and action is just fine.

It seems the screws in my bridge don't have any impact on the intonation. I was wondering, does the Indonesian HB35 have the Buzz Feiten tuning system and if so, is it that my Korg GA-30 tuner doesn't like it.

It doesn't say on the back of the headstock that it does have it

If it's not the Buzz Feiten does anyone else have any ideas as to why I'm not getting the intonation right..

Offline wmjonson

• View Profile
HB35 Intonation ????
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:52:56 PM »
Go to the BFTS website for info on tuning the recommended procedure all E tuning is there. Your HB-35 has the generic version of the BFTS, the nut looks the same as a standard nut. You can reverse the saddles for a little more intonation adjustment. The BFTS nut is mounted slightly closer to the first fret than is a regular non BFTS setup.

I hope that helps you with your problem.

Experience is what you get when you expect one thing but receive something else!

Offline jqworle

• View Profile
HB35 Intonation ????
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 11:29:10 AM »
The Indonesian made HB35 don't have Buzz Feitin installed, i had a similar issue with intonation as there is not much scope for movement compared to my Gibson SG so turning the saddles round was the only option as i am unable to find a bridge that will fit the spacing.
Gibson SG Standard
Washburn HB35
Marshall DSL 401

Offline wmjonson

• View Profile
HB35 Intonation ????
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 12:32:03 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by jqworle

The Indonesian made HB35 don't have Buzz Feitin installed, i had a similar issue with intonation as there is not much scope for movement compared to my Gibson SG so turning the saddles round was the only option as i am unable to find a bridge that will fit the spacing.

Gibson SG Standard
Washburn HB35
Marshall DSL 401

I would've sworn I saw an 06 I model with BFTS. Yep it is not available on the 2009 HB-3x at least