Username: Password:

Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 19782 times)

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 02:54:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by YerDugliness

Rocket, is this the Washburn you've said you'd never sell?

Did I say that?
Sounds like a stupid statement, (especially for me!)
Nevertheless...

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 02:26:21 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by radenshirinji

The pickguard, is it original? It looks different from the pictures I see here.

What is your selling price for this guitar?

Roger, if you're in the market for a jumbo model, you couldn't do better than buying from Rocket.  He takes great care of his guitars and if he says they are in good shape, you can take that to the bank.  I've bought three guitars from him, would gladly buy from him again if he was selling the right guitar.

I asked him if this was the one Washburn that he said he would never sell b/c I was interested in finding out if this one was his fave...I see he's spent quite a bit of time and effort making it very distinctive.  Whether or not you're interested in all his particular mods is up to you, but if you didn't know it Rocket is a touring musician (says he's retired now [;)] ), so he knows a quality instrument when he runs across one.  IF this is that one Washburn he said he would never sell, it should be a special guitar, indeed (and I really DO like the looks of that pickguard, as well as the gold Grovers!).

Dugly [8D]

YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, retired & attempting to age disgracefully!!
Washburns: WD32S, WD32SW. D61SW, and C124SW
Other fine acoustic guitars by Breedlove (custom shop Revival Series 000), Darren Hippner (#506), Takamini (2005 LTD), Epiphone (Masterbilt AJ500RC), and Yamaha (G231-II)

Guitar Playin' FOOL 8) !!
Retired twice, still attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns: WD32SW, D61SW, C124SWK, WMJ11S, WMJ21S (2) and WGO26SCE
Other fine acoustics: Breedlove custom 000 Revival, Darren Hippner #506 Hauser, Takamini 2005 LTD, Epi Masterbilt AJ500

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »
That's the one.

Offline Deacon

• View Profile
    • http://www.dirkesfamily.com
Am I the only one?
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 07:18:03 AM »
Hey Rocket!!  My brother Carl lives in Orlando, and is looking for a Jumbo.  Can I send him your way?

Btw... if you are ever looking for a tenor player, he's top notch!!  He also does guitar (lead, rhythm, acoustic), bass, keys, and he sings pretty good too.  :-)

Deacon
---
Jim Dirkes - aka Deacon
Charleston, SC
The Pack:
2006 Washburn J56SW Timbercraft
2004 Washburn D52SWCE Timbercraft
2005 Washburn D46SCE-12 Southwestern
2004 Washburn WD18SW Solid
2004 Washburn NV100C Classical
1996 Washburn D46S Cheyenne

The Rest:
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Classic
1981 Electra Phoenix X140N

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 08:46:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Deacon

Hey Rocket!!  My brother Carl lives in Orlando, and is looking for a Jumbo.  Can I send him your way?

Sure.
quote:
Btw... if you are ever looking for a tenor player, he's top notch!!  He also does guitar (lead, rhythm, acoustic), bass, keys, and he sings pretty good too.

I'm retired... no more for me.

Offline radenshirinji

• View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 10:32:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rocket

That's the one.

Why do you want to sell it now?

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 10:38:18 AM »
quote:

quote:

That's the one.

Why do you want to sell it now?

I don't use it.
I need acoustic/electric... I asked Washburn to make me the same model as A/E w/cutaway but no dice... so I bought a J-185 EC... now that's my main acoustic.
Search my old posts for more details.

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 09:41:08 AM »
quote:

I asked Washburn to make me the same model as A/E w/cutaway but no dice...

Washburn has a way of doing that, don't they?  Back when BrownDog was with us and they were still making the D82SW and D84SW models, I tried to get them to make me a D84SW with a 1 7/8 neck width.  Stover liked the idea, but somebody higher up at Washburn put the kibosh on the idea with terminology something like this.....Sure, we could do that, but we could paint it green, too....doesn't mean we will do it!

For a regular mass-produced production model, I could see the logic in refusing to create a custom CE model, but for the U.S. Handmade shop's luthier to sprinkle holy water on the idea of a wider neck for a D84SW and then to have the project quashed by some high muckety-muck caused me to take my money to the competition.  Breedlove was only too happy to take my money and make me the guitar I wanted..........I've said it before, I'll say it again (with my apologies to WBNick, who agrees that it was bad PR)....Shame on Washburn!

Dugly [8D]
Guitar Playin' FOOL 8) !!
Retired twice, still attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns: WD32SW, D61SW, C124SWK, WMJ11S, WMJ21S (2) and WGO26SCE
Other fine acoustics: Breedlove custom 000 Revival, Darren Hippner #506 Hauser, Takamini 2005 LTD, Epi Masterbilt AJ500

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 11:45:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by YerDugliness

Washburn has a way of doing that, don't they?

Yup... but in this case, they did eventually make the J58SWE... I've seen 2 of them for sale in the last year. Should have had the cutaway in that model.
Too little, too late.

Offline radenshirinji

• View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 03:10:54 AM »
Does the J58SW/DL sound better than a D10SCEDL?

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 07:14:06 AM »
quote:

WHAT???
Are you serious. Are you impaired in some small way?
What kind of question is that... never mind... don't reply... I can't even respond to your inane questions anymore!

Offline vheissu

• View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 07:45:01 AM »
quote:

quote:

WHAT???
Are you serious. Are you impaired in some small way?
What kind of question is that... never mind... don't reply... I can't even respond to your inane questions anymore!

ROFL!! Raden, I think you've upset Rocket now.
I can answer your question with two very simple, and really rather small, words HELL YES!!! If it didn't I doubt many would be spending all those extra $$s on one.

Offline radenshirinji

• View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 10:35:08 PM »
I am very sorry if I have offended anyone. That was really an innocent question anyway. Technically, I am almost ignorant about guitars althought I have been playing for many years. That is why a lot of my questions may sound stupid or silly, with no meaning for most of you in this forum, but they mean something for me. All the while I have been using very cheap guitars, the most expensive being a Suzuki guitar and I never cared about the technical aspects of them because I could always buy another one if they got damaged. I have only grown interest in the technical side of guitars after I purchased my Washburn guitar three months ago and especially since I joined this forum. I could have purchased a Takamine EG341SC or ED26SC instead but I chose the Washburn guitar after reading the reviews in the internet.  

In my place here the Washburn stock is very limited and I have seen less than five models. I have never seen and really have no idea of the quality of the model we are talking about here. I compare it to the D10SCEDL because that is the most expensive Washburn guitar I can find here. The branded acoustic guitars that are plenty here are mostly Yamahas, Suzukis, Takamines, Crafters, Finas, and Weststars. The Taylors and Martins can only be seen maybe once in a lifetime.

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 11:46:11 PM »
The D10 is pretty much the starter Washburn acoustic. The Timbercrafts are higher-end and since the US Custom Shop stopped production, are top-end. You'd probably find a J58 unplayable.

Here's a great place to ask lots of questions:

Offline radenshirinji

• View Profile
Am I the only one?
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 01:10:42 AM »
Thanks Rocket.