Username: Password:

Author Topic: Beginner question RB2002  (Read 1887 times)

Offline msturtz

• View Profile
Beginner question RB2002
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:38:57 PM »
Hi, I recently bagan to play my RB2002 Hammerhead and would like to know what exactly each of the 4 knobs on the body do? Thanks!

Offline Suff2Say

• View Profile
Beginner question RB2002
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 09:58:16 AM »
Hi, I just signed up and noticed that nobody has replied to your question in over 5 months! I hope you still come online to receive the answer - looking down as you play (assuming it's a right-handed guitar) from left to right the knobs perform the following functions:

- Volume
- Blender (you can dial into either pickup or blend both pickups in whatever ratio you see fit; hopefully you can figure out which direction focuses on which pickup; I can't remember which way is which right now, but the way I figured it out, though it should probably be more obvious, was to turn the dial full left then tap one of the metal dots on each pickup with my pick. The one that buzzes slightly is the pickup you're using, the one that sounds totally dead cold is the one that's turned off. You can double check that you're hearing right by turning it full right and listening for the reciprocal effects). Other user reviews have referred to this controller as a 'Rotating Pickup Selector'
- Bass/Low Frequency Equalizer
- Treble/High Frequency Equalizer

I have a few questions now for anyone who might know the answers:

1) Does this bass have active pickups or active circuitry? I believe there's a difference but I don't really understand it.
2) Does this active function/ability [or whatever the word is] affect just the Bass and Treble Controllers or the Volume and Blender controllers as well?
3) Does this bass have an active/passive switch and if not would it be worthwhile installing one and if so, how do I do it?
4) Can you use the Blender function to make a fruit smoothie?!

Peace,
Suff2Say