Username: Password:

Author Topic: Strange Headstock  (Read 6257 times)

Offline separanets

• View Profile
Strange Headstock
« on: September 28, 2009, 04:54:25 PM »
I found this one on sale, X 50 Pro Q. The seller says it's Korean. However, the headstock looks a bit unusual, it looks cool though.

Can you comment on this guitar please?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 04:55:57 PM by separanets »

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Strange Headstock
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 03:53:16 AM »
Hi separanets and welcome to the forum. I'm pretty sure I've seen this headstock on an X50 before. I believe this particular model was made in Korea but only sent to a certain region for distribution, might have been Eastern Europe but a mail to Washburn Customer Service would get you the answer. Personally I like the Hockey Stick headstock, I've seen a picture of a new model acoustic that has it fitted and it looks great. As for the X50 in general, I have one and love it.

Offline separanets

• View Profile
Strange Headstock
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 02:57:23 PM »
Ok, thank you. I like the appearance, and don't like the disappearance of this guitar from the sales board.

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
Strange Headstock
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 08:31:53 AM »
Some distributors request X guitars with this headstock.  The Russian distributor is one that comes to mind.

thanks,
Nick

Offline separanets

• View Profile
Strange Headstock
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 05:42:54 AM »
Regrett I missed it. Next time, I'll be more agile, because I like this headstock more.

Ah yes, and the X on the 12th fret. It's mising here as well as on my X50 (the one with EMG pickups).

Offline ncmreynolds

• View Profile
Strange Headstock
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 07:14:07 AM »
That looks just like the mid-late 80s headstocks on my EC29s. One thing I'm not keen on is that top E runs very close to the edge of the headstock.

In fact on the newer EC29 it sort of hangs out in mid air. The original EC29 has a pattern of screws that act as string retainers and make the strings follow the shape of the headstock.

2 EC29s, a KC90 and a whole load of Indies
<hr noshade size=1>
2 EC29s, RS10-V, RS8-V,  RR2-V, and a whole load of Indies