Username: Password:

Author Topic: EA20 Battery Change  (Read 3503 times)

Offline DancesWithDingo

• View Profile
EA20 Battery Change
« on: September 28, 2009, 06:57:31 PM »
As I've recently pulled my old '89 EA20 out of mothballs, it's been time to do a little clean-up. I'd never changed the battery on the pre-amp, so it was time. (I broke my wrist in 2000 and haven't been able to play well since)

I found that, because the battery connector lead was so short, there was no way to replace the new battery through the sound hole. I ended up removing the pre-amp via the 4 screws, replaced the battery and reinstalled the pre-amp.

Two questions:

1. Is that the easiest way to handle the battery replacement or am I missing something obvious?

and

2. When I removed the original battery I noted that all the writing was in Korean. Does this mean the instrument was likely made in Korea or were the pre-amps imported (likely the former)? Is there any way to determine from the serial# (890549) the history of the instrument?

Thanks folks,

--- Jim ---

o M1SDLB Mandolin (2009)
o EA20B Acoustic/Electric Guitar (1988)
o Fender Precision Bass / MusicMaster Bass amp (1964)

o M1SDLB Mandolin (2009)
o EA20B Acoustic/Electric Guitar (1989)
o Fender Precision Bass / MusicMaster Bass amp (1964)

jimsmithsr

EA20 Battery Change
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 06:10:33 AM »
Hello Jim;
   Your EA-20 was made in Korea.  I don't think you can identify a specific builder (using the serial number) as several builders were being used at the time.....but I could be wrong!
    The short leads is a common problem on EA models from that era. I usually remove the pre-amp and solder new....longer leads on.[:)]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 06:10:49 AM by jimsmithsr »