Username: Password:

Author Topic: N4 Padauk For Sale *SOLD*  (Read 12371 times)

Offline undergroovelive

• View Profile
N4 Padauk For Sale *SOLD*
« on: October 19, 2009, 08:13:26 AM »
Hey guys!

First of all I would like to say hello to all the fellow UK members and secondly to show off my N4 Padauk which I have up for sale.

I am selling because I want a Strat (a good one) and I would be open to swaps for a good strat or anything else of equal value.

I'm open to offers as I'm not sure how much it is worth, but I do know that is is worth quite a bit and is a collectors item as these aren't made anymore...

My N4 Padauk is actually Padauk and not the horrible stained model...
The neck is Stained however as the Padauk necks aren't that great.

As you'll see, the grain is beautiful...

Recent re-fret and set-up from Mark Pressling over @ Fender Europe.

N4 Old
N4 Padauk
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:13:17 AM by undergroovelive »
N4 Davies
USA Strat 1977
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50

Offline BlueBuddha

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bluebuddha
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:37:06 AM »
quote:

I'm open to offers as I'm not sure how much it is worth, but I do know that is is worth quite a bit and is a collectors item as these aren't made anymore...

Sorry dude, they're very much still being made!

I've seen Paddy N4's go for as little as $500 before.

Yours is a very pretty example of a nice N4 though, i think you'll have most success if you try selling on ebay.

shame to get rid of a pretty guitar but if its not what you want thats fair enough

What do you want to do tomorrow?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 08:37:23 AM by BlueBuddha »

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 08:41:09 AM »
Hi undergroovelive and welcome to the forum. I'm sure the boys will have a look at your guitar, but in the meantime you could add the year of build and a ballpark cash figure. Looks very nice, how's she sound, I notice that it doesn't have the BLUSA bridge pup, is the Duncan a replacement or stock pups for that year and model?

Offline undergroovelive

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:46:59 AM »
Bluebuddha are you sure??? I thought that only the stained models were being made still and not from actual Padauk wood....Padauk is an endangered wood is it not???

Cornishboy, I got the guitar with this pickup configuration and it sounds great....It's very heavy (due to the Padauk of course)...

Original case and still got that lifetime warranty card :o)

N4 Old
N4 Padauk
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50
N4 Davies
USA Strat 1977
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50

Offline BlueBuddha

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bluebuddha
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 08:53:00 AM »
Yea, very sure.

the (nasty) stained models are no longer being made, but Padauk is still going strong.

What do you want to do tomorrow?

Offline undergroovelive

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 09:01:27 AM »
Ah, I didn't realise that they were back in production now...

Well it's worth far more than $500 I think as it's an old one :o)

Thanks for that though, I had no idea that Washburn were making the Padauk again....those stained models are bloody awfull!!! hahaha

I already have an old N4 (Natural) from 1994-1995...I think anyway, I'll have to look at the serial number...and it's aged nicely and naturally :o)

N4 Old
N4 Padauk
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50
N4 Davies
USA Strat 1977
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50

Offline undergroovelive

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 03:06:31 PM »
*BUMP*

N4 Old
N4 Padauk
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50
N4 Davies
USA Strat 1977
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 05:21:11 PM »
whats the serial number?

The small, but mighty collection:
Washburn N2, Barracuda Strat Copy, Art & Lutherie Acoustic, Greg Bennet D-5 Acoustic,Rover RM-50B Mandolin

Offline undergroovelive

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 02:05:13 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Junior88

whats the serial number?

The small, but mighty collection:
Washburn N2, Barracuda Strat Copy, Art & Lutherie Acoustic, Greg Bennet D-5 Acoustic,Rover RM-50B Mandolin

Is there a serial number anywhere on the body?
Seeing as the neck was replaced, the serial number on the back of the headstock would be newer...

Any ideas???

N4 Old
N4 Padauk
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50
N4 Davies
USA Strat 1977
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 06:02:45 AM »
There maybe a Serial number on the body if the neck is removed, but gotta say as far as collectors go unless it's all original with the headstock serial to back it up and original pups, I can't see this as anything but a nice looking Paddy N4. As BlueBuddah says Ebay would be your best bet.
Good luck with the sale.

Offline undergroovelive

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 07:48:14 AM »
Oh well....I'll see how it goes.

Personally I hate Ebay and the charges to post adverts...I know they gotta make money...I've put in on gumtree and the preloved website...so I'll see how it goes...

I just really want a strat or something different as I have my other N4 that I use 99.9% of the time and it's nicely worn in and looks mega old :o) Doesn't look far off Nuno's N4 to be honest and no it's not one of those factory reliced versions....personally I think they are horrible...

Cheers Cornish, I'll see how it goes anyway :o)

N4 Old
N4 Padauk
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50
N4 Davies
USA Strat 1977
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 08:10:10 AM »
Well I know exactly what you mean about ebays charges, they must be making a fortune.
Off topic, is that you in W.Ealing? Many years ago I lived in Hanwell for three months while I was working in London. Used to visit Jim Marshalls shop on the main Uxbridge road whenever I could, he was a nice guy and used to let me try guitars that he knew were out of my league price wise and he had a back room for drummers to play. D/ya know if the shops still there ? I keep promising myself next time I'm that way I'll call in, I expect if anything it's got bigger, it was one small shop back then. Jim, Mr Niceguy, very good drummer as well.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 08:24:36 AM by Cornish Boy »

Offline undergroovelive

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 09:26:46 AM »
Unfortunately, that shop is no longer there. The only guitar shop in the area is Peter Cooks Guitar World....It's a bloody good shop!
I lived in Hanwell for over 20 years and am now just up the road in West Ealing :)

N4 Old
N4 Padauk
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50
N4 Davies
USA Strat 1977
Mesa Boogie F-50
Roland JC-50

Offline N4ESA_UK

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 09:34:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by undergroovelive

Hey guys!

My N4 Padauk is actually Padauk and not the horrible stained model...
The neck is Stained however as the Padauk necks aren't that great.

Hi and welcome to the forum!  

A serial number shud be on the back of the headstock.  If its a replacement neck, then there will still be a serial number on there and, as youve correctly stated, it will be the date of manufacture for the replacement neck.  It would still be nice to have that number for info.

The padauk necks are absolutly fine.  In theory they shud be stiffer, straighter grained and more stable than than the hard maple/birdseye maple necks on other models. I prefer my padauk neck to my maple neck and it requires the least attention of the two.

Are you 100% absolutley certain that the body is solid padauk?  looking at the photo's here I would have guessed it was a stained ash model, but I couldnt say for certain.  They are similar woods in appearance (if you disregard colour) as they are both open grained and stripey.  

with regards to value, Ive seen some solid padauk N4's on ebay NOT sell for $600.  A stained model (even if it is just the neck) without stock pickups will be worth less than a std padauk N4. It could be down to the market conditions, which have been a bit crap for the last year or so, but I think valuation of $500-600 is about right...as long as the new neck has a serial number on it.

if you cant afford it, build it

Offline N4ESA_UK

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 11:12:19 AM »
oh and padauk isnt endangered, its part of the rosewood family but its not rare.
if you cant afford it, build it