Username: Password:

Author Topic: D64?  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Bry

• View Profile
D64?
« on: October 26, 2009, 02:06:41 PM »
Is the D64SKW part of the SW series?   The bluegrass guitar

I'm trying to find what people who have played them have to say about them...

Looking for a great guitar, plain dread to BOOM at bluegrass jams, etc. unamplified, of course...

The kicker, i'm severely restricted on $$$.
BJ of Indiana

Offline BobinNJ

• View Profile
D64?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:44:32 PM »
Bry, welcome to the forum!
Ask your question on the general acoustic thread (the one with the most posts) and I'm sure that you'll get
answers from the experienced members. This thread doesn't get as much action.
BTW, there are many experienced guys and gals on this forum who'll impart a lot of knowledge in the most friendly terms
you'll ever come by.

Bob

Offline Monk_

• View Profile
D64?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 12:45:24 AM »
I'm not extensively familiar with the 6-string D46's, only played around on a few demo models, but (sorry WB!) Parkwood and Blueridge are both making all solid wood dreads for under a grand which are fantastic, and don't rule out an old Yairi Alvarez!  Excellent deals for those all the time on eBay, also for red and orange label Yamahas although they tend to be a little quieter.

FWIW I gigged in a bluegrass band for almost 3 years, played a Taylor 310, and sold it because the treble runs were too mushy.  Next to my banjo player's Stelling 5-string, I couldn't hear myself.  If you get anything with ebony bridge pins, swap em out for bone or Tusq immediately and watch the volume immediately bounce up a few dB.

Good luck!  [8D]

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
D64?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 07:38:21 AM »
I did a review of the D64SW here: http://forums.washburn.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13917