Username: Password:

Author Topic: D-10s Zebra wood, One Sweet Guitar  (Read 3560 times)

Offline mojo-62

• View Profile
D-10s Zebra wood, One Sweet Guitar
« on: October 29, 2009, 09:40:48 PM »
I have never been as satisfied with a guitar purchase. This D-10 exotic Zebra wood back/solid spruce top was tagged for clearance at a local music shop. I paid $230 for her and it is by far the best $230 I ever spent on guitar.

I was looking for a cheap solid spruce top guitar to bridge a gap for a while, what I wound up with is one of the best sounding guitars I have ever owned at any price. It is full and balanced and imho one of the cleanest and clearest chording guitars of any price range. It has a voice that just is so well balanced.

I have been working on a cover of the Black Crows. SHe Talks To Angels and I am just in awe of how this thing sounds on this cover. My wife after hearing me play the D-10 and knows little about guitars was absolutly sure I had spent the next 3 months motgage on this guitar. When I told her how little I actualy paid she was relieved and happy.

I know I am rambeling here but I just cant say enough about how much I love everything about this guitar. Oh and BTW Hello all, I am mojo and I live in Indiana. I have 4 kids 3 dogs and 1 wife. I am 47 and started playing guitar at about 41 or 42, I know I missed things as a player that I will never be able to make up because I started so late in life, but I can play a little and sing and thats all I started out to do anyway.

I have owned 2 other D-10's one was my first guitar and it was a shop beater with a big dent in the top, I was not a good player then, not that I am now, but much worse then. I kept it until I found out about solid tops and traded it in. The other was a Korean made D-10 that I played for about a year and a half. I was sure that the Korean made guitar I had could not be beat in the D-10 line of guitars, that is until this one I have now came allong.

Great forum thanks for givin us a place to talk about these fine but somewhat forgotten and underrated guitars....mojo

Offline BobinNJ

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 11:11:07 PM »
Welcome to the Forum mojo-62.
And welcome to the new D10S! And at a great price!
Please know that pictures of any and all of your guitars (especially the new acquisitions) are required here so we can drool along with you. There is a thread on the forum to guide you through the process if you need it.
Good luck and enjoy the new git.

Bob

Offline LAPetrarca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 05:43:04 AM »
Yeah mojo.......welcome!!!!  We LOVE pics!

Washburn D52SW - Timbercraft Brigade
Washburn DM2000S Ltd. Ed. - Millenium Brigade
Washburn D10SCEB
Washburn M4 mandolin
Washburn M1SDL mandolin
Epiphone AJ100VS
Carlo Robelli J220-VS
Guild Pilot Bass
Michael Kelly Firefly 4-string fretless A/E Bass
Squier Vintage Modified fretless Jazz Bass
Washburn D10SCEB
Washburn WG16SCE
Seagull Entourage Rustic Mini Jumbo
Rover RM-35 Mandolin
Guild Pilot Bass
Squier Franken P Bass
Squier Vintage Modified fretless Jazz Bass
Michael Kelly Firefly 4-string fretless A/E Bass

Offline evets

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 03:52:20 PM »
hey mojo...I also lucked out on a zebra wood.  At the time there were 1/2 dozen D10s in the store.  I played them all and kept coming back to the zebra.  Then I asked the guitar tech to play it. Without question it was the one.  Since, I've had numerous good musicians at different jams that would just not leave it alone.  Everything that you said about yours, fits mine too.  Indeed it was a rare find at that price.

Offline mcloud10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 09:29:24 PM »
Another happy D10 customer!

Mark

-------------------
Washburn W240
Washburn D10SCE
Washburn D10QBK (Son's)
Washburn C10N Classical
Sivertone Model 319